Feeling resentful — The Bump
Attachment Parenting

Feeling resentful

hello. I’m having an issue with my sister. Our baby’s are 2.5months apart. Mine is 6mo hers is almost 4mo. I had to go back to work at 10 weeks and was very upset because my girl had to go to a Mother’s Day out (daycare). I’m not against daycare I just feel in my heart I want her home while she is still a baby and cannot play with other kids. 

Well I feel like my sister always complains about her baby and how hard he is (she said he’s harder than my baby) PSA all baby’s are hard, that’s part of it I just don’t complain about it so she thinks she is easy. Well she doesn’t work and she is about to enroll him in a Mother’s Day out daycare. She keeps trying to talk to me about it and all I can think about is why would u do that when you have the means to stay home with him. It makes me so sad and a little resentful. I don’t want to talk to her about it because I end up being bitchy. Again, I’m not against daycare I feel like she is doing it for the wrong reasons. I dk if I’m overreacting it’s just really hard for me to listen to her. I’d do anything to be home with my girl right now while she’s tiny......

Re: Feeling resentful

• hello. I’m having an issue with my sister. Our baby’s are 2.5months apart. Mine is 6mo hers is almost 4mo. I had to go back to work at 10 weeks and was very upset because my girl had to go to a Mother’s Day out (daycare). I’m not against daycare I just feel in my heart I want her home while she is still a baby and cannot play with other kids. 

Well I feel like my sister always complains about her baby and how hard he is (she said he’s harder than my baby) PSA all baby’s are hard, that’s part of it I just don’t complain about it so she thinks she is easy. Well she doesn’t work and she is about to enroll him in a Mother’s Day out daycare. She keeps trying to talk to me about it and all I can think about is why would u do that when you have the means to stay home with him. It makes me so sad and a little resentful. I don’t want to talk to her about it because I end up being bitchy. Again, I’m not against daycare I feel like she is doing it for the wrong reasons. I dk if I’m overreacting it’s just really hard for me to listen to her. I’d do anything to be home with my girl right now while she’s tiny......
    You are assuming she doesn't ever need a break in the same way that she is assuming that you have it easy. Don't take out your frustrations with having to go back to work before you are ready on your sister because she is making a different choice than you would in her situation. You are not the person to judge whether she is doing it for the "wrong reasons" or not just because you'd rather be home with your child. If you can't talk to her about in a calm manner then just say so. Say "I'd give anything to be able to stay home with my child so I don't think I can  talk calmly about that."

Not everyone is cut out to be a SAHM just like not everyone is cut out to be a working mom. And all mom's need breaks.
    ME: 31  DH: 31 DD: June '16 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
    **Ticker Warning**
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    knottie788054639e4470ab
  • meggyme said:
    hello. I’m having an issue with my sister. Our baby’s are 2.5months apart. Mine is 6mo hers is almost 4mo. I had to go back to work at 10 weeks and was very upset because my girl had to go to a Mother’s Day out (daycare). I’m not against daycare I just feel in my heart I want her home while she is still a baby and cannot play with other kids. 

You are assuming she doesn't ever need a break in the same way that she is assuming that you have it easy. Don't take out your frustrations with having to go back to work before you are ready on your sister because she is making a different choice than you would in her situation. You are not the person to judge whether she is doing it for the "wrong reasons" or not just because you'd rather be home with your child. If you can't talk to her about in a calm manner then just say so. Say "I'd give anything to be able to stay home with my child so I don't think I can  talk calmly about that."

Not everyone is cut out to be a SAHM just like not everyone is cut out to be a working mom. And all mom's need breaks.
    Exactly. 

knottie788054639e4470ab