1st Trimester
Options

Brown spotting help!!

Hi ladies! I'm cautiously joining this group. I got my BFP (big fat positive (pregnancy test)) on October 2nd (my birthday!) And got a beta done the next day that came back at 17. Repeated my betas and they went up accordingly but still low. This past Tuesday I had an ultrasound done but they couldn't see anything. My doctor thinks I may be too early and ordered bloodwork. Came back tripled. Yay. So my issue. I have been having brown spotting since 2 days before my bfp. I thought it was just implantation bleeding but we are now going on almost 3 weeks of it. Any experiences with this? I am booked in for more bloodwork on Tuesday and an ultrasound on Wednesday. Praying to see something. Thank u!

Answers

• Options
    harpseal135harpseal135 member
    edited October 2018
    Brown blood = old blood.  
    If you were having this bleeding, didnt yiu tell your doctor, as it sounds like you have been in contact since the BFP? They would be able to help more than us.
    It could be something. It could be nothing. 
    Also, having an ultrasound this early wouldnt show anything, it's too early.  Was it ordered by your doctor? Odd if it was, as a dating ultrasound doesnt happen until at least 10 weeks or so and your numbers are showing you would be too early for anything to show. So I'm completely confused on these ultra early ultrasounds!
  • Options
    I'm glad you mentioned this because I'm 2 days late and I had a some brown spotting this morning that threw me off. But it being old blood makes sense.