Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

What my doctor didn't tell me...

I just lost my baby, I was 9 weeks pregnant. I had been experiencing bleeding for 2 weeks...my midwife and the emergency room doctors all said it was fine, they could see the heartbeat and sent me for a formal ultrasound. At the ultrasound I never recieved any news and I was told "no news is good news". A week later I was bleeding so much that I knew something was wrong, back into emerg I went and the doctor that I got did blood work and searched for my previous test results from the week prior. He came back to tell me that they knew at that test the week before the baby had no heart beat and that he was so sorry for my loss and that I was okay to go home and I could have slight cramping. That night my body went into what the paramedics called "labor" and I gave birth at home alone to a 9 week old fetus and the sac while I was shaking and sweating buckets alone in my bathroom. It was the scariest experience because I had no idea what to expect and I dont want anyone to have to go through what I went through alone. If it does happen to you, talk to them about getting a D&C or a D&E. Or at least find out what to expect with you have the fetus naturally at home, your body can go into shock. I hope this information helps atleast one person! I wish I would have known some of these things, this is your body and your baby never be afraid to get answers! You deserve them! Even though I never wanted to experience a miscarriage, I now know so much more than I did and I will be ready for my second pregnancy, and remember...no one is alone. 

Re: What my doctor didn't tell me...

• So sorry for your loss and that you had to go through that alone. Take care of yourself 
  • So sorry for your loss. My doctor was very tight lipped as well, didn't tell me what to expect or what to do. Just that I was miscarrying and that we had to test my HCg down to zero, and that only came from the nurse. I'm sorry you had to go through that alone, you must've been terrified. Hope you're feeling better. Will you try again?