Infertility
Options

Question About High Estrogen Levels Before ER But Low Egg Count

Hello Ladies! 

I have a question hoping someone has been in a similar situation. I just had my 3rd and hopefully final ER. Each ER has resulted in a different protocol and this one they decided to do a luteal phase start priming with Lupron and started stims (300 Follistim and 150 Menopur) on the 4th day after starting Lupron with a total of 11 days. On the day of trigger my estrogen was almost 5300 and they had me trigger w/ 5000 units of HCG (half the dose of my last 2 cycles because my estrogen was double then it was previously) I took a different approach this cycle and was not neurotic comparing my numbers like I've done in the past. My RE was really excited about this cycle because I had more eggs and all were maturing fairly evenly. At my last US I had over 10 mature eggs with another 4-6 that were going to catch up by ER with another 3-4 that weren't going to catch up. During this time they never showed concern about my estrogen levels and were basically saying how perfect my levels were so I never once questioned it as, I was putting my trust in them. Well, last night before my ER I decided to look up the levels and everywhere I researched stated that it put my at high risk for OHS. This round definitely has felt different as far as discomfort/bloating and I've gained over 8lbs since I started stimming. I communicated this with my coordinator but she wasn't concerned and never mentioned me being at risk. Moving forward, today was the retrieval and they told my they only got 10 eggs and I won't know until tomorrow how many were mature and fertilized. Something just doesn't feel right and I feel that the team dropped the ball and had me trigger too late as I can't think of any other reason how I had so many follies at my last US but only ended up with 10 eggs. I personally am only quality focused so I know I'm still in the game. I would love any thoughts or input from all of the experts out there on what could've happened. They also told me told before the ER that I WAS at risk for OHS and not once did my RE or coordinator mention anything prior so, I'm also a little frazzled about that because I'm already showing symptoms and feel like if they communicated this to me prior, I could've gotten a jump start on the protein, electrolytes, high salt diet. But, it is what it is lol. Sorry for the lengthy post ladies, appreciate anyone who can bare to read through this to the end!