November 2018 Moms

Baby is weighing way too tiny 😢

So im a little over 34wks and went to Fetal Assessment today only to be told that my LiL gal's weight is WAY behind where it should be. Said she is coming in at 3lb 13oz, which is very small for almost 35wks. They started me on steroid shot and said they will probably deliver her within 2wks bc usually they thrive better outside. Now my question is i understand she is small but how small is TOO small in these cases!? Like should i be more worried then what i am (which is btw INCREDIBLY bad rite now). They keep saying not to worry in every other way shes perfect,just tiny but i feel like if everything was ok like their saying then she would be a more "normal" weight!?!?.

Re: Baby is weighing way too tiny 😢

• I don’t have any answers for you, but I’m so sorry you’re going through this. I imagine it feels so helpless to know there’s a problem and nothing you can do other than follow medical advice and hope. I hope the next news you get is positive.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Also just want to say I am sorry you are going through this. But if they are telling you baby is normal in every other way, that is a great sign. I know someone who's baby was way behind in size alone but perfectly normal in every other way. She ended up having him around 32 weeks. He was less than 3 pounds. He's 4 months now and totally normal. He's still small but growing and has had no other issues.