Breastfeeding
Options

Confused...possible start of period, implantation bleeding??

I'm probably over analyzing everything at the moment, so please bare with me. I'm still nursing my 22 month old son. I have yet to have a period since his birth. About 2 months ago, I started to feel pregnant (fatigue, sore boobs, nausea- same signs I had with him). Went to the doctor, not pregnant after two weeks of these symptoms.Doctor said it could have been my body reacting my son nursing less. Fast forward to now. I had some kind of spotting of "brown" discharge that lasted maybe two hours tops. This was on 10/13. I have two negative pregnancy tests (both 10/16 and this morning) but the following symptoms: fatigue, (worse than before), sore boobs, nausea, mild cramping, metallic taste in my mouth and strong sense of smell. Nothing sounds appetizing and I feel like I'm going insane. Is my body attempting to gear up and start having cycles again or could I be testing too early? Any direction would be helpful as I've scoured the boards and found nothing like this. The worse thing is I have no idea if I have started to ovulate or anything since I have had not had a cycle in almost two years. Thanks in advance. 

Re: Confused...possible start of period, implantation bleeding??

• Options
    raybeth05 said:
    I'm probably over analyzing everything at the moment, so please bare with me. I'm still nursing my 22 month old son. I have yet to have a period since his birth. About 2 months ago, I started to feel pregnant (fatigue, sore boobs, nausea- same signs I had with him). Went to the doctor, not pregnant after two weeks of these symptoms.Doctor said it could have been my body reacting my son nursing less. Fast forward to now. I had some kind of spotting of "brown" discharge that lasted maybe two hours tops. This was on 10/13. I have two negative pregnancy tests (both 10/16 and this morning) but the following symptoms: fatigue, (worse than before), sore boobs, nausea, mild cramping, metallic taste in my mouth and strong sense of smell. Nothing sounds appetizing and I feel like I'm going insane. Is my body attempting to gear up and start having cycles again or could I be testing too early? Any direction would be helpful as I've scoured the boards and found nothing like this. The worse thing is I have no idea if I have started to ovulate or anything since I have had not had a cycle in almost two years. Thanks in advance. 
    No one is going to be able to answer this for you. You're just going to have to wait and continue to test every few days and see what happens. 

Also, just so you know, it's actually against the Terms of Use to ask if you're pregnant, so your thread may get shut down at some point. 
  • Options
    If you are trying to get pregnant and don’t intend to stop nursing I suggest you get a copy of Taking Charge of Your Fertility and look into charting/temping. You will be able to tell if you ar ovulating or not that way.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::