February 2019 Moms
Options

First-Time Mom Check-in

1. How many weeks? How big is baby?
2. How are you feeling?
3. RRQ?
4. Any appts this week?
5. GTKY: What's something you like doing that other people think is weird or unpleasant?

Re: First-Time Mom Check-in

• Options
    @jessier19 I HATE men like that. Don’t mansplain to me!!!!!
    Are you vegetarian/vegan?? Wondering why it came up about the protein. That’s something I’m a bit worried about too. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mommin135 he does it to all my male colleagues too, so maybe that means it isn't technically mansplaining, but it still feels that way to me. Like, I think my male colleagues are more tolerant of it because they're not used to getting that behavior all the time, as men? Anyway it always feels misogynist to me, even though I don't actually think he's a misogynist.

I'm not a vegetarian, I'd say I eat an average amount of protein, but apparently some people recommend that pregnant women get 80 to 100 grams of protein per day, which is a lot. Like, crazy a lot. Apparently there's some reason to think it can help prevent gestational diabetes and make postpartum recovery easier?
  • Options
    1. How many weeks? How big is baby? 23 weeks, grapefruit
    2. How are you feeling? Pretty great!
    3. RRQ? Work rant: My supervisor becomes incredibly incompetent when he's stressed (and we all are right now). Yesterday he wasted an hour and a half of my time, mere hours before a deadline, in large part because he opened the file for the wrong year. And then did not catch a hint when I needed to step away for a minute and invited himself to go get breakfast with me.  :|
    4. Any appts this week? OB next Tuesday! It's been a while because he was on vacation so I'm looking forward to it. 
    5. GTKY: What's something you like doing that other people think is weird or unpleasant? Oddly specific but we heat our house primarily with a wood fire and people tend to assume that it's a massive hardship. I love it! 

@mommin135 try not worry. It's still very early! I've felt baby do a 180. 
  • Options
    1. How many weeks? How big is baby? 21+6 so almost a coconut (how is a coconut smaller than a grapefruit?)
    2. How are you feeling? Pretty good overall. Hoping that the 4th round of meds I am on for my BV finally cures me, ugh. 
    3. RRQ? I miss sex!
    4. Any appts this week? Went in yesterday for a new prescription, got to hear bb on the doppler 
    5. GTKY: What's something you like doing that other people think is weird or unpleasant? Hm, I feel like I like lots of things that other people don't really like. I hate procrastinating so doing everything immediately? I don't know if that counts

@jessier19 do you think there are more of these pompous (often white dude) types in our line of work? It often feels that way to me haha 

@nataliezbrungart my boobs got  enormous really fast in this pregnancy (from a 32 DD to a god knows what - DDD? is there an E or EE?) and motherhood maternity bras have worked well for me - they aren't super pricey, very supportive, and potentially useful for nursing (although knowing my luck I'll go up yet another cup size when I start nursing)
  • Options
    @eggsandwich2019 YES!

@nataliezbrungart depending on size, when I was a D cup I really loved Target for its wide selection of comfy affordable stuff. They don't carry much past D/DD though. Since getting pregnant I've become a G/H cup (yikes). As far as I've been able to figure out, the only common chain with brick and mortar stores that carry lots of larger cup sizes is Nordstrom. Expensive, but they took really good care of me. I recommend going there and getting fitted. Then, once you figure out some brands and styles from Nordstrom that work for you, you can get those same bras slightly cheaper from herroom.com. Not a lot cheaper though. I'm still paying 3 times what I used to for bras, and it makes me very sad, especially because I only seem to be able to stay in each size for a month or two. If I keep growing at this rate I'm really scared I'll end up in a nursing bra size that's almost impossible to find.
  • Options
    1.25 on Saturday coming. Not sure, but right now an eggplant
    2. Not bad, trying to get used to the stomach stretching feeling... grossest feeling ever!
    3. Happy it's Friday tomorrow
    4. MW tomorrow, gotta make my laundry list of questions tonight
    5. I like to clean also
  • Options
    @eggsandwich2019 and @jessier19

Thanks for the recommendations. I’m probably going to hit up motherhood maternity first because it's closer, but if they don’t do it I’ll be on my way to Nordstrom! 
  • Options
    1. How many weeks? How big is baby?

23 weeks a grapefruit

2. How are you feeling?

Other than occasional constipation fine this week!

3. RRQ?

My sister sent me some maternity clothes :)

4. Any appts this week?

Nope

5. GTKY: What's something you like doing that other people think is weird or unpleasant?

Nothing weird. I love grocery shopping?😂
  • Options
    @nataliezbrungart I bought these at Amazon and so far comfy!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B078J3DHDY/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also, target had some non maternity wireless bras that are comfy. I went up 1 cup size and 2 inches so far.
  • Options
    How many weeks? How big is baby? 22 wks and a few days
    2. How are you feeling? TIRED. This insomnia is crazy. And kinda big because nothing freaking fits anymore. Shirts nope, bras nope, undies not really. I quit. Cannot afford to shop for clothes. Still trying to pay for my surgery from the 1st trimester!
    3. RRQ? I guess see above. And I keep smelling random things(like wood smoke) but no idea where it is coming from
    4. Any appts this week? Had regular ob visit today and high risk is the 31st. 
    5.GTKY: What's something you like doing that other people think is weird or unpleasant? I am an introvert as well and I loooove staying home. Plus, I also enjoy doing the admin/paperwork at my job. I work as  a manager in a restaurant so any excuse to get away from customers!
  • Options
    @hnbergeron hear you on the clothes. I don’t know why I thought I’d get away not wearing maternity clothes??? I work in a office setting, and none of my work clothes are even stretchy fabrics!
    We are aggressively paying off debt and trying to save right now, so a new wardrobe wasn’t really in the cards. So far I’ve bought those pants expander things, a set of jersey/cotton dresses, and maternity tights/leggings to go underneath. I’m hoping that by not buying tons of maternity specific things, at least I can justify the purchases by being able to wear them afterwards. I think I’ll be okay for the next couple of months, at least. 
  • Options
    @mommin135 i switched to maternity clothes but my work requires button up shirts. None of the clothes given to me are button ups. So I told myboss, it will be sweaters unless you buy me a company shirt. He said he didn't care as long as I show up, lol
  • Options
    @hnbergeron LOL at least he didn't give you a hard time!!!! 
  • Options
    sjnsjnsjnsjnsjnsjn member
    edited October 2018
    @hnbergeron- Button up shirts when you're busting out in pregnancy seems not so ideal anyhow!
    (Not a FTM but cannot help myself reading the thread!)