Working Moms

PLEASE READ: Husband jealous of me returning to work

gortonrgortonr member
edited October 2018 in Working Moms
So I planned on being a stay at home mom for my daughter who is about to turn 2 months (stayed home with my son for the first year, he's now 3), but my husband and I got in a fight about him going out too often on the weekends (we are both 24). So I started applying for jobs to be sure I wasn't totally dependent on him if I did need to leave him. I ended up getting a major opportunity at the best hospital in the area!! He hasn't voiced much on how he feels about me going back to work so soon, but did say that its going to be hard on us. Mind you, its 40 hours every two weeks so very part time!  Now I'm getting ready for orientation and was browsing scrubs when an ad popped up of some guy "flossing" to model some fancy scrubs, my husband looked over my shoulder and saw and then went and laid with our son to get him to sleep. He texted me from the other room and said, "Now I know why you're so excited to start your new job."

How do I address this?? I'm excited because I'm starting my CAREER in a week, its not just some job to me, this is the company I'm going to work for for the rest of my life. I don't care about other males at all!! We've been together for 6 years I don't even see guys like that anymore. Thoughts, opinions, advice?

Re: PLEASE READ: Husband jealous of me returning to work

• gortonr said:
    So I planned on being a stay at home mom for my daughter who is about to turn 2 months (stayed home with my son for the first year, he's now 3), but my husband and I got in a fight about him going out too often on the weekends (we are both 24). So I started applying for jobs to be sure I wasn't totally dependent on him if I did need to leave him. I ended up getting a major opportunity at the best hospital in the area!! He hasn't voiced much on how he feels about me going back to work so soon, but did say that its going to be hard on us. Mind you, its 40 hours every two weeks so very part time!  Now I'm getting ready for orientation and was browsing scrubs when an ad popped up of some guy "flossing" to model some fancy scrubs, my husband looked over my shoulder and saw and then went and laid with our son to get him to sleep. He texted me from the other room and said, "Now I know why you're so excited to start your new job."

How do I address this?? I'm excited because I'm starting my CAREER in a week, its not just some job to me, this is the company I'm going to work for for the rest of my life. I don't care about other males at all!! We've been together for 6 years I don't even see guys like that anymore. Thoughts, opinions, advice?
    Talk to your husband. There is a lot here. Going and getting a job after you've already agreed you would stay home because you think he's going out too much and fought about it is not a mature way to handle things!

There is so much immaturity here. From fighting about going out instead of having a mature conversation to finding a job apparently without any discussion about the effects on your lives of this abrupt change to his insulting and offensive text based on a random ad. 

You guys need counseling!
  • jbm925jbm925 member
    edited March 2019
    You need to talk about this 100%, if you can't then you need a counselor to facilitate. This is more than I think can be tackled in a post. Two major flags from my POV - 1) you are thinking about needing money "in case you have to leave him," and 2) him texting and being insecure from the other room (or could he have been joking and the text was misinterpreted?).

Best relationship advice I ever got was when you are having a rough time, know you are married but communicate and respect each other like it's your first date.

*edited because I briefly forgot how to spell*