January 2019 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 10/15

124»

Re: Weekly Randoms 10/15

• Options
    @kmos816 good luck on the house!!! I hope your offer is accepted and the inspection is good!
    Me: 30 |  DH: 33
    Married: 8/11/2007

DD: Born 2/3/17
    BFP#2: 5/3, EDD 1/10/19
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wait, @leighbrek, did you paint that? So beautiful! I still draw stick people.....
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• Options
    @leighbrek Wow! That is so beautiful! 

• Options
    @tosh24 @AshVA Thanks very much. 😊

It's mixed media. Watercolor underlayer and oil pencil on top. I've only just started using watercolors since pregnancy, since I can't use solvents and whatnot. This is the first animal portrait I've done with using watercolors, and I like how it's turning out. I might cheat a bit and get someone to blend a bit for me with a solvent, because it'll look more vivid, but we'll see.... Not sure how much I want to risk that!
  • Options
    @jgil85 Just catching up, I’m so sorry.
  • Options
    @leighbrek You're an amazing artist! 
  • Options
    Thank you @jgil85!
  • Options
    DS is going to daycare for the first time today (he's 2)  He has been watched by my mom and MIL on days after I worked since he was born (I work night shift ) We think asking them to watch 2 kids is just going to he too much
     My mom has some health issues and my MIL still works. It makes me feel so terrible knowing he is probably going to cry when DH drops him off. We agreed DH would be the one to take him for a while because I would just end up bringing him home with me if he was crying. I already can't wait to pick him up. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @drabong88 you guys will be ok! If it's any consolation, my DD (2 yo) STILL cries every time I drop her off at daycare and she's been going for basically her whole life. It still breaks my heart to leave her when she's upset, but her teachers say she calms down within 5 minutes of me leaving and is fine the rest of the time. As hard as it is, I like to think that this is teaching her how to deal with negative emotions without DH or me to help her.
    Good luck today!!
  • Options
    luckymay2xluckymay2x member
    edited October 2018
    @molosmiles right? For some reason a beer sounds AMAZING

@sweetyjenj - hope your appointment with the perinatologist goes well! I believe the technique for turning the baby to head down is called external version, if you want to ask about it. My friend said it is a bit uncomfortable but not painful. They wouldn't do it until close to delivery since he would just flip back anyway.
  • Options
    I am home with 2 sick kids who have stomach bugs. I am praying I do not get it. DH could not wait to get to work fast enough lol. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I know people have talked about preparing for baby with pets, but I have a specific question. We now have our crib and our pack n play bassinet set up. I was going to cover PnP with trash bags or a sheet so it doesn't get dusty or hairy. In the middle of the nights our cats like to jump in to it for a second then leave. This morning I found one of our fur babies sitting in the bottom of the crib (no mattress yet) just chilling.

Is it really a big deal for them to be exploring the spaces? Should I 100% keep them out? If so, how? #cats Or can I just let it go and hope for the best?
  • Options
    @greenhillgirl You 100% want to keep your cats out of the crib, because if they get cozy in there, they pose a suffocation risk to the baby. Get them used to limits as soon as possible, so if you can close doors, put tin foil in the bottom of the crib (cats HATE tin foil), two sided tape on the top edges of the crib (again, cats hate it). Do everything to keep them out.

For the PnP, it'll be tougher. You'll obviously want to keep them out when baby is in there, but once baby gets that intense grip figured out, I think the problem will solve itself. :lol: It's just when baby is entirely helpless that's the main problem... And you don't know if baby will have an allergy. 

Hope that helps.
  • Options
    @greenhillgirl with DS, the cat slept in his pack n play until he showed up. I didn't worry much about it. 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
    BFP 05/17/2018 EDD 01/27/2019 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @greenhillgirl oh man, this is going to be a struggle in our house for sure. Once I put the bassinet by our bed it's going to be game over "oh you put a cat bed next to your bed? How considerate" Best of luck, we'll need it too!
  • Options
    @greenhillgirl One of our cats has definitely already claimed the crib/bassinet as her own. I haven't really put my foot down because she does not at all care what I think haha. Once the baby comes I'm just going to keep the doors closed while he's sleeping so I'm not too concerned about it at the moment. 
  • Options
    As soon as I set up the bassinet last time, I kicked the cats out of our room until after DD was moved into her crib in her room. That’s my plan this time as well. My cats 100% lay on MY face in the MOTN and there’s no way I’m trusting them not to jump in there and do that to baby.
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• Options
    @mrsdho11 they don't cry outside? ours would probably cry outside all night.
  • Options
    @mrsdho11 they don't cry outside? ours would probably cry outside all night.
    That’s why we did it early. They cried some, but they got over it before baby came.
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019