Trying to Get Pregnant

Insomnia after egg retrieval

I’ve been doing IVF for about 10 months now. 3 rounds of stimulation injections and 3 egg retrievals. I used gonal, menopur and ganirelix. And my first transfer is scheduled 4 weeks from now. I noticed that I’ve been having insomnia issues on and off this entire year. I’ve read online that insomnia was a side effect of IVF, but I’ve been off the stimulations for about 3 weeks now. Can the side effects still happen to me? I sometimes get only an hour of sleep and I’m surprisingly so awake the entire day! But I’m definitely not myself and just off. I miss my 8 hours of sleep. Can anyone suggest something I can do to help? I take Benedryl every now and then if I just can’t get to bed, but it’s not healthy for me. I’m also trying out the no electronics and TV 2 hours before bed, but it’s still not helping.

Re: Insomnia after egg retrieval

• I have never gotten 8 hours of sleep in my life, so I don’t know how that feels.  Please lurk and read the newbie introduction type threads and notice that no one makes a post only about themselves, and those that did, it wasn’t well received.  

I would suggest speaking with with your doctor about sleep aides, but if you are well rested in the morning, why bother?