December 2018 Moms
Options

Vaccinations reaction

Has anyone else had a poor reaction to their vaccines? I had the TDAP, flu shot, and rhogam shot all in one day and had extreme chest and back muscle pain the next day. Feeling better now but just wondering if anyone else experienced this.  It was like I pulled the muscles in my back and chest.

Re: Vaccinations reaction

• Options
    My mom, husband, and best friend all had rough reactions to the Tdap similar to yours. Glad you're feeling better!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    Flu was the worst for me. I don't do bad with the Tdap or rhogam besides a little soreness in the injection area. But flu shot had my whole arm achy for like 3 days.
    Married: 08/04/13
    DS: 11/25/14
    DD: 06/25/16
    EDD: 12/05/18

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Flu shot was tough for me this year, but most are. Some of it is just because certain shots tend to be more uncomfortable, some of it is because I tense up (scared shitless of needles). Three in one day, it's no wonder you feel like garbage!
  • Options
    ErinkaErinka member
    edited October 2018
    Omg my flu shot yesterday was so painful I cried! I am NOT a crier... well not over shots. I also had the pleasure of getting my Tdap AND rhogam shot on same day. My arm is still sore.  Fun times!
  • Options
    I feel like voicing my little experience, just in saying that sure the shots initially pinched but weren't a big deal.
    FWIW I got my flu and TDAP in different arms in different weeks, and I don't need rhogam. DH got his flu and TDAP on the same day and felt poopy for two days. *shrugs shoulders*
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I had my second rhogham shot a couple weeks ago with no problems and just got my TDAP... I apparently have a localized allergy to the pertussis vaccination and my arm has been swollen, sore, red and itchy for almost a week... slowly getting better...