February 2019 Moms

Babymoon / Fun before baby

I was interested in if anyone else is taking a “babymoon” or trip before baby? Or just any other fun plans (like concerts,etc) for special date nights? I realize the STM and TTMs probably have their hands full already but just thought it would be fun to share ideas and hear what everyone else is doing!

I will start- we are going to the FL keys for a long weekend in 3 weeks. We are from WI and have never been to southern FL at all. Any suggestions? Besides that, cirque du soliel Crystal is coming to our town three weeks before i am due, but wondering if thats too risky to buy tickets for...
History in Spoiler

Age: 32 (same with DH). Together since 2006, Married June 2013 and TTC since August 2015
Diagnosis: Mild Endo, DOR (AMH of 1.5), Poor Quality Eggs/embryos, Displaced Window of Implantation (ERA Post Receptive)
March-May 2016: 1 TI and 2 IUIs- BFN 
June 2016- Laproscopy- found/removed mild endo and confirmed only 1 normal healthy ovary.
August 2016- IVF #1 with Antagonist Protocol- Cancelled (2 lead follies), converted to IUI- BFN
Oct-Nov 2016- IVF #2 with Estrogen Priming Micro Lupron Protocol, 2 eggs retrieved, day 3 transfer of 1- BFN
January 2017- New RE, IVF#3 with Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol, 12 eggs, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 day 5 early blasts transferred (none to freeze :(), BFN
May 2017- Sept 2017- Starting Donor Egg process! Waiting for donor to be available... and then she is pregnant at baseline :(
Oct 2017- Donor #2: 25R, 22M,18F, 12 blasts frozen! Fresh transfer cancelled due to thin lining with fluid :(
Nov 2017- Hysterscopy to remove polyp
Dec 2017- DE FET #1 on 12/8 on 2 perfect blasts- BFN and devastated
Jan-Mar 2018- ERA #1- Post receptive by 24 hours, ERA #2 RECEPTIVE with 4 days of Progesterone
Apr 2018- DE FET cancelled for lining issues :(
Jun 2018- DE FET #2 of two 1AA blasts- first BFP ever! Beta 10dp5dt- 378, Beta 14dp5dt- 2840, Beta 16dp5dt- 4035, beta 18dp5dt- 10916. Due on 2/20 with one baby after a vanishing twin
Baby Born born early @ 33.5 weeks due to Pre-e
Back for # 2!

Re: Babymoon / Fun before baby

• megpants209megpants209 member
    edited October 2018
    I wish!
  • I really hoped to but DH's work situation completely torpedoed that idea. Luckily we are planning some travelling during our parental leaves so I all is not lost! 
  • Loading the player...
  • We went away at the end of August! Most of our travel now until the baby comes will be family-related and less "vacationy" - but that's okay! We are also planning on doing a little bit of travelling during parental leave next year, so I'm looking forward to that. 
  • We’re going to Minneapolis for a few days next week which may not sound like vacation but when you live in rural Iowa a city break is the best. We’re getting an Airbnb but are seeing a few different friends and their LOs so hopefully it’ll be a combo of date night restaurants and little baby snuggles in the day. I’m also going to Italy (Florence) in early December for a conference and meeting up with a girlfriend to have a ladies weekend before the conf in Milan- lol it will probably just be me waddling around with her looking for the nearest bathroom. 
  • So my babymoon is by myself because we don’t have money to fly my DH and make arrangements for DS. My friend’s wedding is next month and then I’ll take some time to do some fun things, hopefully run into one of my close friends from my previous bump group.
  • We’re going to Paris for a week in November! But DH will have work to do, and I’ll have a huge pile of grading to do that week, so a lot of that time will just be us sitting in cafes sipping coffee and working. Sounds a little heavenly to me actually! But apparently in France it isn’t safe for pregnant women to eat raw vegetables. I guess that can give you toxoplasmosis there, even though the risk of that from veggies is almost nonexistent here? So I guess I’ll be forced to eat junk food all week!
  • @JamieH2000 I bought tickets to Cirque before I found out I was pregnant with DD. Tix ended up being the night after my due date. Went to the show, went into labor a few hrs later!!
    No trips here, we did one to AZ for DD that was amazing, but we just bought a house so we have other places that need $. 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • We went to Hawaii at 27 weeks with DD. With DS, my parents took DD for the weekend (which they do regularly anyway) and we had a date night. We got to go to the Bahamas kid free last February, which was better than a babymoon since we just got to day drink and chill. 

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• My parents are coming up to visit next week and we are going to leave DS with them and go up to the mountains in Tennessee for a long weekend. That is also our anniversary weekend so it will will kind of be both anniversary/baby moon.
  • TTM here so our babynoon is a couple of nights at Great Wolf Lodge with our kids in November :D

DH & I have kid free date nights every other week so we’ll keep that up till the end. We’ll probably do a “last family date as a party of 4” the weekend before my c-section. 
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Sigh. I wish we could do a babymoon again. We did 4 or 5 days in Quebec City when I was about 7 months with DS. It was a great time, and I have such fond memories.  We are doing a family getaway to NYC, well mainly brooklyn (where I lived for most of my adult life), next weekend, to go to a wedding and visit friends. Not quite the same but we do have a sitter an extra night just for a date night so we'll make the most of it.

MEGA jealous of all the wonderful baby moons you guys are planning and so happy for you taking the opportunity!
  • We have to travel because my pregnancy is so high risk, which means day trips to Toronto baby free. I consider that a STM baby moon haha I’d definitely recommend it for those FTM’s! We had a low key baby moon and I loved it 
  • We were planning to go away for a long weekend for my birthday, but all of the sudden my birthday is a week away and we haven't made any plans, let alone reservations yet. Whoops! We both already took Friday off though, so maybe we'll just do a couple day trips? Weather is supposed to be nice! 
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Our last big pre-baby trip was spending two weeks in Europe last month.  I'd like to get away for at least a weekend in the next couple of months, but the holidays are coming up quickly and we have two weddings to attend in December so that might not happen. 
  • Wow, very impressed by some of these far away trips! Since I’m a FTM, I kinda feel like I should be doing something every weekend and getting out as much as I can since it’s gonna be harder soon. We live two hours from our parents so even getting out for a date night will be hard once baby is here
    History in Spoiler

Age: 32 (same with DH). Together since 2006, Married June 2013 and TTC since August 2015
    Diagnosis: Mild Endo, DOR (AMH of 1.5), Poor Quality Eggs/embryos, Displaced Window of Implantation (ERA Post Receptive)
    March-May 2016: 1 TI and 2 IUIs- BFN 
    June 2016- Laproscopy- found/removed mild endo and confirmed only 1 normal healthy ovary.
    August 2016- IVF #1 with Antagonist Protocol- Cancelled (2 lead follies), converted to IUI- BFN
    Oct-Nov 2016- IVF #2 with Estrogen Priming Micro Lupron Protocol, 2 eggs retrieved, day 3 transfer of 1- BFN
    January 2017- New RE, IVF#3 with Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol, 12 eggs, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 day 5 early blasts transferred (none to freeze :(), BFN
    May 2017- Sept 2017- Starting Donor Egg process! Waiting for donor to be available... and then she is pregnant at baseline :(
    Oct 2017- Donor #2: 25R, 22M,18F, 12 blasts frozen! Fresh transfer cancelled due to thin lining with fluid :(
    Nov 2017- Hysterscopy to remove polyp
    Dec 2017- DE FET #1 on 12/8 on 2 perfect blasts- BFN and devastated
    Jan-Mar 2018- ERA #1- Post receptive by 24 hours, ERA #2 RECEPTIVE with 4 days of Progesterone
    Apr 2018- DE FET cancelled for lining issues :(
    Jun 2018- DE FET #2 of two 1AA blasts- first BFP ever! Beta 10dp5dt- 378, Beta 14dp5dt- 2840, Beta 16dp5dt- 4035, beta 18dp5dt- 10916. Due on 2/20 with one baby after a vanishing twin
    Baby Born born early @ 33.5 weeks due to Pre-e
    Back for # 2!
  • We’re doing as many outings as a family of 3 as we can, but don’t have any big trips planned. My mom keeps DS overnight every once in a while, which will be more difficult once baby girl comes! So I think I’ll ask her to keep him for a weekend so we can have a staycation. Maybe stay at the b&b where we stayed the night of our wedding
  • Not exactly a babymoon but we're going to Kentucky this upcoming Friday for a long weekend to visit DH's friend &wife from grad school. We decided to drive the 9.5 hours (from PA) instead of fly because the total travel time is basically the same and driving is way cheaper 
  • @ksdelong20 Where in Kentucky are you going? That’s where I live!! It’s the best place in the world <3
  • @BourbonBiscuits I don't remember the exact town they live in but it's close to Danville (which is a town nearby home in PA). We went down for their wedding last summer and loved it. I think we are planning on some bourbon tasting (obviously not for me) and a horse race at Keeneland. Honestly not entirely sure, I like vacations where I don't have to do all the planning and just show up
  • Baby moons are excellent excuses to take a vacation and reflect on where you are as a family and how things will be enhanced with the pending edition. Even as a TTM-to-be, getting away and having a baby moon is so worth it! When pregnant with DS, DH and I went north to Mendocino County and just relaxed, BBQ'ed and went boating for a few days when I was at 37 weeks. For DD, we went to Spain when I was 26 weeks and took DS who was almost 2yo at the time. For this LO, we did a week in Hawaii last month and will be going to Utah to relax and let the kiddos play in the snow when I'm about 32 weeks along. There's nothing like getting out of the groove of everyday life to enjoy the present moment and embrace just being pregnant.

Me: 31
         DH: 34
    Married 11/09/2013

LO#1: LMP 09/14/2014  BFP 10/15/2014  EDD 06/24/2015  DS Born 06/14/2015
    LO#2: LMP 09/18/2016  BFP 10/19/2016  EDD 06/27/2017 DD Born 06/27/2017
    LO#3: LMP 05/16/2018  BFP 06/18/2018  EDD 02/20/2019

• @sjnsjnsjn where in Brooklyn (if you don't mind sharing)?  I'm a Brooklyn girl born and raised and we still live there :)  DH grew up in Coney Island and I grew up in Park Slope before it got all shmancy.  Now we currently reside in Bay Ridge.  

DH and I often get some nights alone as either grandma is always willing to take DS for a night.  We're actually going to Disney World for a long weekend this coming Friday-Monday!  DS will be 3 on the 23rd so I thought this might be a good time to do a birthday trip/you're not going to be an only child anymore trip lol.  He loves Halloween and Nightmare before Xmas so we're doing the Not So Scary Halloween party too.  I'm excited!  I'm a big kid and love Disney World haha.  So while not a "babymoon" technically - It is a fun family trip before baby comes.

We also go to Atlantic City alot with my family because mom gets free rooms, meals, etc.  We're going the last weekend of October for my mom's bday and we're going Thanksgiving weekend for my birthday!  After that we will probably be doing less traveling...

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • sjnsjnsjnsjnsjnsjn member
    edited October 2018
    @danixbanani24-Nice! I lived in Manhattan (and even Astoria for a bit) for a good chunk of time, but the last many years I was in Bk, before I moved to Chicago 4 years ago.  I lived all on your end. Park Slope (Lincoln between 6th and 7th) for a few years.  Ditmas Park (e. 18th & cortelyou) for a few years and my favorite bit, Douglass between smith and court, in cobble hill for the last three years.  On this trip, we're going to be staying in Carroll Gardens and so I get to be in (recentish) old haunts which should be great.
  • We are going to Hawaii end of November with our friends and their family, a trip we had planned before we found out we were expecting. I am excited to go to Hawaii but I hate planes, it's been hard to really look forward to it for that reason :/
  • edited October 2018
    @ksdelong20 Danville is the town where my alma mater is located! I love that town and that whole area of Kentucky. If you enjoy hiking (or just really neat history), check out Shaker Village! Also, Woodford Reserve is probably the neatest and prettiest distillery to tour, if you get a chance!
  • @hannahbananas11 no way - my best friend went there too! Tons of kids from my high school ended up in Danville
  • @sjnsjnsjn oh wow! My old haunts haha have fun! Everything is so bougie now hahah but the restaurants are awesome!  Especially around smith street.  Enjoy!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Thanks! I was actually back solo for a blink two months ago and was sad to see some of my faves from when I lived in Cobble Hill were gone, but, oh well ya know, time marches on :)
  • @BourbonBiscuits WHAAAAT?!?! That's so cool! I graduated in 2011, and H graduated in 2010 (he's the one from Louisville - went to Manual HS). Going there was one of the best decisions I've made in my life. Such a great place.

Y'all are making me jealous with your fantastic travel plans! We were supposed to go up to a cabin in the N. Georgia mountains two weeks ago, but H forgot that he'd picked up someone's on-call shift and we ended up cancelling. So instead, I spent my weekend being woken up in the middle of the night by his pager (yes, the hospital system is stuck in the 90's and uses pagers). Joy of joys.
  • @hannahbananas11 we graduated in 2013, so I’m sure you all overlapped! Crazy small world!!

• @madreofdragons right? :D I need answers here... 
  • edited October 2018
    LOLOL @madreofdragons and @megpants209 YES, definitely college! I'm nearly 30, so I'd have concerns if I'd graduated high school only 7 years ago... :D

ETA: I mentioned H's high school because @BourbonBiscuits is in Louisville, and that's where my H grew up (and my in-laws still live). He also graduated from college in 2010, not from high school. :D
  • Lol yesss college. 
  • Man I've nearly got a whole decade on some of you ladies! 
  • 2013?!  This confirms to me why my pregnancy is geriatric. Me = old AF
  • Dh and I are flying oo Orlando for a old friends wedding in November, kid-free! 
    I graduated HS in 2004, still working on the college thing!  :'(
  • @Izzfrancisco- 1994 HS grad here too! Glad I am not alone at this end of the vintage.
  • 2010 and 2014 for me. I liked college so much I did it twice. :D
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024