October 2018 Moms

Bouncing Baby Check-in (Week of Oct 12)

This check-in is for October 2018 Babies who are now pooping in diapers and their sleep deprived Moms. 

1) How old is baby; any milestones or brags this week?

2) How are you feeling, Mom?

3) Rants / Raves / Questions?

4) GTKY: What has been your favorite moment with baby so far?

Re: Bouncing Baby Check-in (Week of Oct 12)

• 1) How old is baby; any milestones or brags this week?

1 week 4 days 

Physically I’m feeling great!  Good enough that I sometimes over do it and start to bleed again.  Emotionally much better than last week, the baby blues seem to have passed and I’m getting more sleep.  I’m over over thinking feeding issues and for right now EPing so nursing stress is gone.  

I’m having a weird reaction to the fact that LO came so fast that it almost seems surreal.  It’s almost like I feel like I missed out on her birth.  I also feel like DH wasn’t there. He doesn’t stay in the room for the actual delivery since he’d pass out, but with DD1 he made it long enough to see her crowning.  This time we were only in the hospital 2 hours before LO came and he had to keep leaving through blood draws, the epidural, and him seeing the aftermath of a botched IV.  His tolerance for blood was gone so he left as soon as I started to push.  It makes me a little sad.

Just laying on the couch with her on my chest is amazing.  

@knottieamusements Not soon enough!!  That sounds so so exhausting.  

• Loading the player...
  • @vjmc421 - Yeah, the facial expressions are pretty awesome.  I can already tell a lot of his opinions even without words!

Mia is 10 days old

Tired and like a milk dispenser. Feeding id my whole purpose right now which adds to the lack of sleep.

So in love with Mia!

Her being placed on my chest for the first time.

• @kfrob I have to remind myself to take it easy sometimes too! Everytime I think the bleedings pretty much over the next bathroom trip reminds me its not...
  • 1) How old is baby; any milestones or brags this week? 5w tomorrow, would have been 38w. 

2) How are you feeling, Mom? A bit better, though it's mostly NBR stuff that is my current issue. DD is great. Trying to get closer to being able to take care DS and DD at the same time, no help. I'm not there yet. Both my mom and H went back to work this week. My mom works halftime, 2 days, and H is only working 2 days a week to extend his time. So I'm not alone... but eventually I'll have to be. 

3) Rants / Raves / Questions? BTDT moms. How long until you can handle 2 kids at once? Between feeding and pumping for DD, and DS being a toddler - I don't know how. 

4) GTKY: What has been your favorite moment with baby so far? She's awake more now, so I love when she lays on my chest and looks up at me. Full eye contact and I can just see get getting to figure it all out. I love that. 

Liam is 8 days old today.

Bleeding is getting better and the area that tore feels much better. Back and tailbone hurts bad.

I keep getting clogged milk ducts because Liam falls asleep before emptying my breasts. I have tried everything and eventually ended up doing heat compress, massage, and pumping after he “finished” eating. I ended up getting 3oz from the clogged breast after he ate. Guess he isn’t nursing as well as I thought or I’m hugely over producing.

Liam is much more cuddly then Sadie was. I have been loving all of the newborn cuddles.