January 2019 Moms
Options

Weekly Check In: EDD 1/15-1/21 w/o 10/8

EDD? 

Symptoms? 

Upcoming appointments? 

R/R/Q: 

GTKY: What would your ideal birth be like?

Re: Weekly Check In: EDD 1/15-1/21 w/o 10/8

• Options
    EDD? 1/17/18 25 1/2 weeks

Symptoms? Lots of aches and pains this week and more heartburn. Also, I think my vision is bad and all my computer work is bothering my left eye, even after the long weekend 

Upcoming appointments? Glucose screening and regular OBGYN on Friday

R/R/Q: Work just continues to kill me. I feel like I'm drowning with my workload and very tired. But I got a groupon for a pre-natal massage and am going tonight- so excited!

GTKY: What would your ideal birth be like? I'd have plenty of time to get to the hospital, which is 45 mins away, and not have to rush. Maybe even leave straight from work so its closer. Haha.  I'd get an epidural early and have relatively little pain. And my husband would do a good job of being supportive without annoying me.  o:)
  • Options
    EDD? 1/15, 26+2

Symptoms? Same old same old plus aching feet and some leg cramps at night.

Upcoming appointments? Not until 10/25.

R/R/Q: I’m at a professional library conference right now and it’s been a little rough, though not for the reasons I expected—my energy levels are okay but I keep getting way too hot in sessions and my feet start hurting after a relatively short time on them. Last day today and then I get to go home!

GTKY: What would your ideal birth be like? I’m still trying to figure that out! I agree that plenty of time to get to the hospital and plenty of time for the epidural to work seem good for sure. I think I’m going to have both my husband and my mother in the room because my mom is good at being practical in intense situations in a way that my husband really is not...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    EDD? 
    Jan 19
    Symptoms? 
    Back/sciatic pain, fullness, shortness of breath, feet are hurting
    Upcoming appointments? 
    Not sure of date but it's for GTT
    R/R/Q: 
    Yesterday was 92 degrees where I live. I'm over the heat, I live in PA, I want fall weather! My heels are very painful lately, I need some slippers, it's hurting to go barefoot at home. 

GTKY: What would your ideal birth be like
    If I'm gbs+ this time I want the antibiotics to be able to infuse completely. My labor was fast last time and I got to the hospital with only 40 mins to spare. My DD had deceleration in her heart rate, I'd like that to not happen this time, it was so scary. I want to attempt med free again. Because of my fast labor before I have to go to the hospital fairly quickly, but I wish I could labor at home for a while 
  • Options
    Rachel2066Rachel2066 member
    edited October 2018
    EDD? Jan 21 - 25 weeks 5 days

Symptoms? Pain in my pubic bone - especially at night when I roll over in bed. Lots of general aches and pains. 

Upcoming appointments? Centering appointment on Monday 10/15. They will give me the lab slip for the 1 hour glucose test then. After that its down to every 2 weeks!

R/R/Q: Too tired to rant tonight... :-P

*Edited* Ok its 2 days later and I now have enough energy to think again. Lol. Rant:I am just so over working right now. It is a busy time for us but all I can do it look at the clock and wait for the day to be over. Due to baby planning and such we never got a vacation this summer or fall. We usually do either a 2 week in the summer, or a 1 week in the summer and 1 week in the fall. We only took 1 long weekend for July 4th that that was it. And now I am trying to hoard my vacation time for maternity leave so I can't take a week off like I usually do. This happened one year before and I was miserable until I got to take a vacation. Its like my brain only has so many working days in it before it needs a vacation to reset. Rave: DH has been so awesome these past 2 weeks. We are checking a ton of stuff off our to-do-before-baby list. It is such a load off my shoulders! Especially since he is leaving on Tuesday for another 3 week trip. 

GTKY: What would your ideal birth be like? I'd be able to get to the hospital in time - I live 40 minutes away and it is across state lines so if I had to have an ambulance called they would not take me to the hospital where I have been seeing my OB, but instead to the one that is in my state (and is 37 minutes away). I don't really have any preferences regarding birth specifically. I'd prefer vaginal birth just due to the shorter recovery time. However, quick and painless labor would be my preference - however that comes about! LOL

*Edited to add words because I was too tired to think before*
    Lilypie Maternity tickers