Infertility

Lapo on 10/5

Ok ladies so I had my lapo done on the 5th and super excited about everything. I had nothing in my uterus...looked great he said. My right over had endo all over it with some scar tissue and my left just had some endo spots under it not on it. I had some on my pelvic lining... it didn't look like much but he said I had some deep spots? Anyone know what stage that is? My follow up is on the 18th and I'm dying to start trying but didn't know if I should wait? Anyone have had success after this.... we had 1 failed IUI in the right ovary... so the scare tissue scares me... is that going to be a problem?

Re: Lapo on 10/5

• Hi @WhitSawyer21! I had my second lapo/hystero done August 2nd so it all sounds familiar! I have stage 2-mild endo and PCOS. You're saying your endo wasn't too bad except it was all over your right ovary? It sounds pretty mild-moderate to me! As long as you got it removed and cleared, I'd say you don't have to wait! After my surgery on Aug 2nd I started a new cycle immediately and got AF on aug 18th and started treatment. As for the scar tissue, it may or may not be a problem. Luckily it seems as though everything else looks great and you do have another ovary if the other doesn't want to cooperate  ;) keep us posted!
  • Did you have to do IVF? I really don't want to start that at this stage in my life. Just a little scar tissue on my right and my left was clear. Nothing on my uterus and my tubes were open... nothing removed. I'm praying we can try naturally and or do a IUI. We go tomorrow to speak with the doctor. I did have a couple of deep pockets. Please keep me updated as well and thank you for replying!
  • Loading the player...
  • mayflower513mayflower513 member
    edited October 2018
    I don’t think anyone but your doctor can answer.  For me, I had an HSG which showed tubal damage.  My doctors recommendation was to either try to repair the damage vis Lapo and then try naturally, or remove the tube (I had a prior ectopic so only had 1 left anyway) and do IVF.  We had already been trying for 2 years and had no BFPs at all in that time, so I wasn’t willing to try the repair, have it potentially work/potentially not work, with the increased chance of ectopic still there, and then potentially have to do have the tube removed and do IVF anyway.  So I had my tube removed in March, did my first round of IVF in May and am now 24 weeks pregnant, with 7 frozen embryos in the bank.

It all depends what your chances are in your current condition and what options you have and then you can weigh what you want to do.  IVF gave us a 33% chance each attempt, or we could have tried for a year naturally and had that chance or less of getting pregnant in that whole year.  I went with the higher chance in the shorter period of time.

Good luck!
    Pregnancy TickerAbout me: *TW*

Me: 34, DH: 38                                                                                                                                                                                
    TTC #1 June of 2014  9/14 BFP, baby boy EDD 5/18/15. Elias (Eli) born 5/13/15 7lb0oz, 19 inches.                                      
    Surprise BFP 10/15, live ectopic, lost ruptured tube on 11/5/15 at 8 weeks                                                                              
    Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   
    HSG 1/18 after no BFPs- diagnosed w/ tubal infertility and referred to RE                                                                     
    3/28/18 remaining tube removed                                                                                                                                              
    IVF 5/18: 15 retrieved, 11 fertilized, 8 blasts -- (3) 4aa, (2) 5aa (2) 4ba frozen -- fresh transfer of 1 day-5 4aa blast, BFP, EDD 2/4/19