May 2019 Moms
Options

Baby deals

I really like saving money, and I follow hip2save. I have found a couple deals today and was thinking we could have a separate thread to share baby item sales! 

Re: Baby deals

• Options
    This one is on zulily
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Great idea! I love a good deal!
  • Options
    I got a brand new bouncer to replace ours that was "too used" from Amazon Warehouse, 50% off just for an open box.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Ohhh love this thread! We’ll have to update it for all the Black Friday/cyber Monday deals 😉

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Oh yeah!! I forgot about that 😂 hip2save is on overdrive those days. I love it. 
  • Options
    Yesss I'm totally waiting for Black Friday to get my glider.

• Options
    I love this idea!  I am going to look for hip2save.  There's a Facebook page by Pregnant Chicken that also posts really good deals every so often, I recommend it for anyone on the Facebook.
    DD born PPROM preemie at 36 weeks on 10/1/17 after over a year TI, 
    then 3 failed IUIs, and finally a successful IVF FET.

Due with #2 5/2/19 after HIO once in my FW,
    because apparently that's how life works now. Team Blue!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    This was my favorite thread in my last BMB!
    There's also an FB page, Shop with Pink Rose Mama, that has a lot of good deals.  It's not just baby items, but things all across the board.  It is very kid/mama focused though!

DS1 is 7.  DD is 1.  DS2 is coming in late April.

Lilypie Maternity tickers Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I love the Shop With Pink Rose Mama Group on Facebook. She posts a lot and since DD is just over a year, a lot of the stuff for older kiddos isn't applicable but if you can weed through the notifications, there's some great stuff, especially around the big deal days. I haven't used hip2save. @eatinwatermelonseeds Is it just an app on your phone?

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    @kvh22 yup, it's just an app. I've had it both on Android and iPhone so should be available on both
  • Options
    Thrifty Littles blog/fb page is another good source. 
  • Options
    Following, but it has to be a pretty good deal for me to bite. I mostly peruse the Facebook marketplace. I just scored a kidcraft vintage kitchen in great shape for $50.
    Me: 36 & DH: 40
    Married: November 2015
    DD 10/19/2016
    BFP:  8/20/2018 - EDD 5/4/2019
  • Options
    Another +1 to Shop with Pink Rose Mama! I used it a ton last year with my first and still use it pretty regularly now. 
    Me: 35     DH: 37
    BFP: 1.6.16 | MC: 2.17.16
    BFP: 10.3.16 | CP: 10.11.16
    BFP: 12.14.16 | CP: 12.14.16
    BFP:  1.23.17 | EDD 10.6.17 -- DS born 10.7.17 <3
    BFP:  9.9.18 | EDD 5.23.19 -- DD born 5.24.19 <3
    BFP: 9.1.21 | MC 10.1.21
    BFP: 11.11.21 | EDD 7.24.22 

• Options
    I used babycheapskate.com forever for DS when he was little
  • Options
    Motherhood maternity is running and additional 50% off of clearance sale and 25% regular priced items. 

• Options
    YavoBaby Diaper Bag Backpack - Large Capacity 18 Pocket Multi-Functional Unisex Travel Backpack - Durable and Stylish - Free Changing Pad, Stroller Straps, and Nursing Pouch - Gray w/Teal Tags https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CT55BWB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_MKnZBb6Y9742S

I found this diaper bag today on sale. With this being my third, I definitely need a huge diaper bag that allows me to still be able to use both my arms. Lol...curious if anyone has this diaper bag. It’s moved up to my top contender! 
  • Options
    Gymboree is having a fall flash sale with some amazing deals. I've been too focused on this new LO to be paying attention and we definitely need more 12-18 month clothes for DD (I've been squeezing her into 6-12 month stuff sometimes :# ). Tees and leggings as low as $3.

https://www.gymboree.com

• Options
    Dockatot had a code today to celebrate some number of instagram followers. The big discount is done, but you can still get 10% with code THANK YOU, and another $10 off for subscribing to their emails.

(Note: Dockatot is not a SIDS safe sleep environment. I stumbled upon this b/c I was looking for the big one for my toddler, who hates blankets but craves a more cozy sleeping space. But, I leave it to parents to decide what is best for their families.) 
  • Options
    Stumbled upon a pretty sweet promo code for carseatcanopy.com on Facebook. Bought one for shipping price only... 

• Options
    I just saw one of my favorite favorite kid clothes retailers - Primary.com - is having a sale on all their baby stuff. Their clothes are great quality, so soft, plain colors and every color you can imagine. It's still too early for me to feel good about buying (since if I'm having another girl, I have more than enough already from my daughter!) but hope others can use this.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @bluesky24 I love Primary! Such a great brand.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds what app is this to get these deal alerts?

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    Thanks for the tip @eatinwatermelonseeds! Just downloaded the hip2save app, and got the Ebates app while I was at it, which I’ve been meaning to sign up for:) I need to start being reeeally careful with money... I’ve been staying with my mom since I separated from my husband a couple years ago, but I’m finally getting my own place! The rent is affordable IF I manage my money well. Keep those money saving tips comin!
  • Options
    How did I miss this string originally? Awesome! 
  • Options
    Another big Primary sale is on today! With code: THANKS18 you can get 25% off through the weekend. You may have to sign up for the emails of the promo code doesn’t work for you, but they don’t email often. Either way, 25% is a huge discount for them! Check it out!

My favorite Primary buy? Zip footie pj! They are awesome!
  • Options
    Amazon book deal. $5 off $20 in books with code NOVBOOK18. They do this for prime day and black friday and I use it every time. Great way to stock up on a few.

• Options
    I suggest everyone download the hip2save app today for Black Friday deals. She'll be at it all day today and tomorrow updating like crazy. 
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    @eatinwatermelonseeds I totally snagged that deal yesterday, and it's dropped even more today! Down to $147.79... definitely a good one for anyone who knows they want a keyfit.

From what I could tell, it's only available in on color -- Lilla -- grey polka dots. But this is normally a $200 car seat with an extra $85 base, so the savings are huge. I won't be surprised if the manufacture date was like a year ago.

Here's the amazon link for anyone who wants it:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B017B83E7E/ref=psd_nobrainer_B017B83E7E
    kids with flags
  • Options
    @brie_and_almonds I was just going to get it and my mom's giving me a hard time because my SIL wants to give me her infant car seat (graco) but I don't like the stroller options as much with the graco seat. I feel like I should just get it since it's less than $150 right now while it's regularly over $250.

• Options
    edited November 2018
    @knarlytaurus how old is your sil's car seat? I always feel a little weary taking hand me down car seats of all things. I would just buy it and be like "so and so bought it without even asking, that's so nice, huh? Oh well" 😂
  • Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds it's right at the end of its expiration date (made in 2013)and has gone through 2 kids. That's part of why I'm hesitating on taking it  it since it's a graco car seat which only gets ok reviews and their strollers don't get very good reviews.
    My SIL always loves hand me downs and a bargin, but I'm kind of want to get my own and car seat  I'm thankful that's she's getting ready to pass stuff down from their 15 month old, and I know it will be a big help, but I know some of the stuff she has is on its 4-5 owner and I'm a bit leery. I'm I just being a baby gear snob? 
  • Options
    @knarlytaurus uh no. I would not take a car seat that's had more than one owner regardless of expiration much less one that's already expired. No, buy a new one and tell her no thank you
  • Options
    @knarlytaurus or take it as a "backup" in case you go on an airplane or anything, and eventually you can trade it in at Target for the %off coupon for the convertible you'll need to buy in like a year.
    kids with flags