March 2019 Moms

Random 10/8 - 10/14

Why is that I feel the need to move furniture only when MH leaves town?? He just left yesterday and I decided I needed a bookcase for the living room so of course that required going and buying one and wrestling it in to the house and now moving all of my furniture in the living to put it where I want it. Thankfully the bookcase wasn't terribly heavy, just awkward. And I have hardwood so my furniture slides really easily. 

Re: Random 10/8 - 10/14

• @valentynsi I get extra motivated to do house projects when MH isn't around too. Weird! Glad you got through it without too much strain!
  • My office throat clearer is at it again... my music isn’t drowning it out and it’s making me cranky! 
  • Loading the player...
  • @valentynsi I’m so much more productive when MH is gone. When he’s home we just end up lounging and brunching.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • lelkcot said:
    My office throat clearer is at it again... my music isn’t drowning it out and it’s making me cranky! 
    Do we work at the same place?! Thankfully I had a bank holiday today so I didn’t work. 

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @swanbrooner come on over, it's snowing here.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • @swanbrooner yes! It’s been in the high 80’s /low 90’s here! Finally supposed to cool down at the end of the week though!
  • @swanbrooner Come to Iowa! It was a little warmer today (75) but will be back into the 50s/60s here soon! 
  • @lelkcot Same here! It was like 95 on Saturday!
  • I cleaned out the clothes that have been collecting on my laundry room floor today! I have been putting it off for weeks. Now I feel motivated to tackle our room/closet. Is this nesting? Or just fear of everything being harder later? Lol. I want to clear out all our old crap (including boxes that we never unpacked when we moved into our house 4 years ago just hanging out in some closets) by Thanksgiving so I can use black Friday sales for baby stuff and actually have room for it! 
  • I wish somebody would buy our house already!  Trying to keep it clean with two toddlers is a neverending task.  I don't even care if somebody comes in with a crappy, lowball offer. I JUST WANT THIS DONE.

Anyone wanna buy a house?
  • It feels like Seattle where I live right now. It won’t stop raining. I want to take my son to the pumpkin patch but the rain won’t quit. Wednesday or Thursday is supposed to be our only day without rain for the next week. 

• My belly button....is at least half it's depth than it used to be. Is it weird that I noticed this?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • @bdesterhouse we are having a major heat wave! It’s 90 here! I want to do fall things too but it seems so weird to do fall activities in shorts for where we live. Hopefully the rain stops for you soon! 
  • @Kenneylynn3 not weird! Mine never recovered from my DS, so it’s already popped!
  • @Kenneylynn3 @lelkcot I'm weird.. I have always had a mostly out-y belly button and it was completely popped out by like week 10 for me.
  • @abbykwail I think the nesting bug hit me too. We just cleaned all of the kitchen cabinets put. Moving to the fridge/freezer and stove this weekend. And then I want to clean out the bathrooms. And of course, the bedrooms to start preparing for the nursery. I want to open up some storage space in my house so I’m starting early apparently. 
  • @tfraz2016 I sorted our master closet today and the clothes that had collected in piles on the floor! 2 more bags for goodwill that I will drop off tomorrow! It feels so good - - I'm going to do my dresser Friday and then clothes will be done and I can move on to the next project! Also did 3 loads of laundry today and put it all away - - I have never actually put clothes away the same day I clean them before. I don't like cleaning but I love how it feels when I cleaned 
  • @abbykwail @tfraz2016 I love reading how productive you guys are! It’s getting me motivated and excited for the nesting phase to begin. 
  • @abbykwail I told my mom that my anxiety has been off the charts this week, but I think I was just wanting to start my nesting. I feel so much better after starting. Hubs is not a huge fan (I’m short and can’t reach the top 2-3 feet of most rooms), so he’s having to be a helper. 

@navete I’m taking full advantage of it. I was exhausted the first 16 weeks or so; it’s about time for some energy!
  • I can't wait to move into our new house (3 weeks-ish) and put my nesting urges to good use! I'm ready to organize ALL of the things.
  • My daughter just ripped the last card my grandma sent me before she died last year. I know it wasn’t malicious but I’m still upset with her. :(
  • @mamaoftwomonkeys ugh, that's tough. Can you fix it? Even a torn momento like that is still meaningful. Maybe you could frame the message from her.
  • @maggiemadeit You're not alone! When I was pregnant the first time I had a coworker due a few months before me and she would come in exhausted and bring random stuff to the office because she was up late every night going through ALL of their closets and cupboards. I thought "man is this what I'm in for?" but nope. Compared to her I did the bare essentials to bring a baby home lol
  • My husband is nesting. I’m not, I want baby here before I get overly excited and nest. My son lived in onesies and sleepers the first six weeks of life and slept in our room the first six months. Soo I’m not too worried about the nursery yet. 

• keikilovekeikilove member
    edited October 2018
    Regarding nesting, I got a wild fluke of energy last weekend and painted our downstairs guest bathroom that’s been really uninviting. I’m someone who’s usually terrified of fumes & chemicals around my toddler or tummy baby so this desire to paint could only be the nesting urge. Well, I ran out of paint after the first coat and the nesting energy disappeared along with it. Lol! Now the bathroom looks worse than before I started. Oh well, six more months to go, plenty of time to finish it! :D
  • @keikilove Ha! That would be me too! My productivity motivation comes in spurts so if I don't get it all done in one go, it could be a year before I get the urge to finish it.
  • Completely off the topic of nesting (although I'm going through that to a point as well)..... I have lost all faith in the reliability of the things this bump app shares with me. That little thing it shows on the home page that is supposed to be like a daily fact, or whatever.... A few days ago it said that that day was the exact halfway point between four weeks and one day (supposedly the first day I could get a bfp) and my due date. But I'm not even halfway through the entire pregnancy. How in the hell could I be halfway to the due date from four weeks??? Makes ABSOLUTELY no sense!!!

Sorry for that bit of for real randomness... But this is the random thread. Haha
  • I didn't feel super into nesting last pregnancy. Hopefully, I do this time! We're renters and I've never spent much time in making them very homey. Right now, we're hoping to stay in one place for a few years, so I really would like to do what I can to hang stuff up and organize and so what if we have to fill in screw holes in the walls later. 
  • @meggyme I taped it up, just struggling with lingering resentment for an hour or so, haha. I know it’s just stuff in the end, but all these hormones meant I probably reacted more strongly than I should’ve 
  • Is there anything sadder than this?

Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: 2012
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
  • @mamakate1616 Wow! That's sooo disappointing! I hope you weren't really hungry!
  • @mamakate1616 that’s just not nice! No snacks for the pregnant lady?!?
  • @mayoduck Thanks for commiserating hahaha! It’s so bad, I’ve GOT to get it done sooner rather than later lol. 

@lovesclimbing I feel you on being a renter & not making places your own. I lived this way for many years & then *finally* made our last apartment homey (when my last baby arrived) because it was New York City & people tend to stay in their apartments for forever there. We didn’t end up staying, but decorating made a world of difference in feeling like we were truly “home” and not in transition. Best of luck with whatever projects you take on! 
  • keikilove said:
    @mayoduck Thanks for commiserating hahaha! It’s so bad, I’ve GOT to get it done sooner rather than later lol. 

@lovesclimbing I feel you on being a renter & not making places your own. I lived this way for many years & then *finally* made our last apartment homey (when my last baby arrived) because it was New York City & people tend to stay in their apartments for forever there. We didn’t end up staying, but decorating made a world of difference in feeling like we were truly “home” and not in transition. Best of luck with whatever projects you take on! 
    Thanks! I've hung a few things up, but just basic. We have just a couple framed pictures, none more recent than our wedding. Just never got around to it. I really want to do a gallery wall this time. I have a couple frames I need to order pictures for and an art project I made recently for my H with sentimental meaning to us that I want to include. I also want to try some different stuff. I was Pinteresting hard and finding all this removable stuff like tiles and contact paper and even wall paper that's out there to dress up a basic place. I'm excited to try some stuff, but I also don't want to break the bank. 
  • @mamakate1616 Ugh, what a let down! Did you end up getting anything? Now I want Twizzlers...
  • I got the twizzlers but they were stale!! Ugh. 
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: 2012
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
  • This could be a UO but I prefer red vines to twizzlers, but you can only get them at the movie theater.
  • That sucks! Surely they've got to refill that thing soon...