February 2019 Moms
Options

Weekly Symptoms Oct 8-14

13»

Re: Weekly Symptoms Oct 8-14

• Options
    @grebretso I think Seattle is one of the places that has a pretty high anti-vaxxer population. It enrages me, too. 
    I left the circumcision decision up to my H, since I figure he has more experience with that than I do. LOL He wants our son to be circumcised because that's common in the US, and it can help with lowering infection risks later in life. But I really have no dog in that fight, and think it's a matter of preference and culture more than anything. It's not hugely medically-indicated.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    And @grebretso we’re having an outbreak of a polio type disease right now that can prevented  :(

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• Options
    Fucking polio? Are you serious?! What the hell is wrong with these goddamn people. Time to get those iron lungs back in business! Fucks sake
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    Holy shit that's ridiculious. 21st century, developed country ...

We are still undecided about circumcision. I lean no, H leans yes but neither of us feels very strongly. I did but my friend's militant anti-circ position actually turned me away a bit. It's not the devil, just a personal choice. 
  • Options
    @kayjay44- I'm so sorry your nausea/ food stuff is still so bad. My best friend had a pregnancy like that, and it was awful to watch, so I cannot imagine living it.  Pregnancy already blows so much, it seems really messed up to have that on top of it.
  • Options
    Im having girls so the circumcision doesnt apply but before we knew I was leaving it up to DH and I believe he was planning to. 

Ugh anti vaxxers make my blood boil to no end. So many outbreaks have happened the last couple years that were so preventable and NON EXISTENT. Thanks jerks. Of course medical reasons I understand but anything else, you’re just a dick. It kills me because half the time these people are against what they put in their kids bodies with vaccines but then go feed them crappy foods like fast food (not against fast food, my kid had mcdonalds ans takeout pizza this week already.)
  • Options
    sjnsjnsjnsjnsjnsjn member
    edited October 2018
    With you guys on the vaccination stuff. I went to law school and have practiced for 14 years, and always appreciate when clients don't think they know the law better than me, so I apply that rule to my docs.  My son is cirumcised like his daddy and the next one will be too.  I did not have strong feelings about it, frankly, and left it to the penis haver to decide ;)
    It's almost 5am and I have been awake since 4... good times!
  • Options
    cas060cas060 member
    edited October 2018
    Dh wants circumcision if we're team boy, but I said no and I don't care I win.  I am not snipping my infant for no reason, that shits painful.  If it's medically required later on then the kid/adult will have to deal with it then just like the rest of things requiring surgery.

On another note, are charlie horses in your calf a pregnancy thing?  Holy smokes I knew for the last 2 weeks it was coming, I kept feeling them come on in the middle of the night but I was able to avoid them.. well, last night not so much. Flew out of bed at 2am with a full on charlie horse, god it's been a long time since I've had one.  My leg is so sore this morning.  I think I might eat a banana every night before bed now just to see if I can avoid anymore, Lol.
  • Options
    The anti-vaxx make me so angry. DD was born with a heart condition and had to have open heart surgery just past her 1st bday. So she couldn't do her 12mo shots til today. And during healing, getting sick could have been bad. So others being vaccinated around her, mattered.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Options
    @cass06_07 I had Charlie horses all the time when I was pregnant with DD, despite drinking water all the time. I got a cramp in my foot last night for the first time in a while, not looking forward to this stage.
  • Options
    @cass06_07- Totally a thing. I had them terribly with my first and have started to have them occasionally. Trying to keep bananas in my diet too :)
  • Options
    sjnsjnsjnsjnsjnsjn member
    edited October 2018
    Ok, this is weird.  I just had this sensation that felt like it was near my groin of a super rapid beat pulse. I shifted my legs and could not longer feel it. But it was fast like baby's HB fast.  Has anyone every felt the sensation of their baby's HB?  Super weird.  I have never felt anything like that in any pregnancy.
  • Options
    @cass06_07 I get charlie horses ALL the time pregnant or not pregnant (but yes I've been having them while pregnant recently too).  It could be dehydration or also low potassium.  Try having a banana if you feel one coming on and chug a LOT of water.

I, too, vaccinate and cannot deal with anti-vaxxers.  I also circumcised my DS and we will for this LO as well - even though DS circumcision was a bit dicey.  My OB at the time did it which I was like what?  She apparently didn't do such a great job either (my pediatrician stated upon examining DS) - he's a little lopsided but it's not concerning health-wise.  AND the stupid nurses at the hospital I gave birth in kept messing with his wound and causing him discomfort - the whole experience after DS birth was just awful hence why I've since switched OB's and hospitals I'm giving birth in.   
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @danixbanani24- That sucks about your experience! Glad you switched. My OB did my son's circumcision too, on discharge too. I gather it's typical for the OB to do it, but damn they're not supposed to F it up!
  • Options
    starting yesterday was getting out of breath easily and today, it feels like baby and lungs are shoved into my breasts and I can't breathe. Do not remember this happening this early in pregnancy before, unless this baby is positioned different than the last one.
  • Options
    Yay, that’s fantastic news @danixbanani24!
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    @danixbanani24 That's great news! Why do techs say things like that?! They're not at all licensed to give any diagnoses or to interpret any tests. It makes me furious. There's a reason that interpretation of tests and delivering diagnoses to the patient are both left to MDs: 12+ years of training (bachelors + med school + residency) > 4 years of RN training (bachelor's degree). And there's even more of a training discrepancy when it comes to techs. Argh!
  • Options
    @danixbanani24 - So glad to hear that! 

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• Options
    @danixbanani24 that is great news. I'm sorry the tech caused you needless worry, seriously we need fewer things to worry about in pregnancy, not more!
  • Options
    @danixbanani24 that’s great! 
  • Options
    @danixbanani24- All of the YAY!!
  • Options
    The anti-vaxx make me so angry. DD was born with a heart condition and had to have open heart surgery just past her 1st bday. So she couldn't do her 12mo shots til today. And during healing, getting sick could have been bad. So others being vaccinated around her, mattered.
    I hope shes doing well now! That must have been a very stressful time for you 
  • Options
    That's great, @danixbanani24! Must be such a relief. 
  • Options
    What a relief @danixbanani24!! 

Anyone else turned into a mouth-breather all of a sudden? Nose constantly stuffed up, and after every meal, it feels like my food is shoved up to my lungs. Labored breathing ftw! 😩
  • Options
    @mindgrapes08 meeeee! Constantly stuffed up and huffing and puffing for breath = lots of mouth breathing. So nice *eyeroll* 
  • Options
    @mindgrapes08 - every time. I highly recommend getting a Neti pot. It helps so much. 

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• Options
    Craving apples, but they make my gums bleed.  :s
  • Options
    I just made apple butter @lzzfrancisco. That’s easier to chew.  :D
  • Options
    @lzzfrancisco I have the same issue. I can barely floss now bc of bleeding and sensitive gums. 
  • Options
    For me the gum thing seems to come and go. I'll go days with normal gums and then one day, boom! The sink is colored bright red when I spit during brushing my teeth. Looks like a small animal was slaughtered in there. So gross.

To stay on topic: I made a frittata today with so much broccoli and tomato. Can't get enough broccoli!
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    I just made apple butter @lzzfrancisco. That’s easier to chew.  :D
    I fucking love apple butter!! That sounds amazing right now!
  • Options
    allthingsgoallthingsgo member
    edited October 2018
    @grebretso broccoli is my fav veggie! DH thinks I’m a weirdo bc I have it in meals and also as a snack. Of course he thinks cookies are an acceptable snack so...
  • Options
    Does anyone else feel intense pressure and a dull aching pain in the low abdomen when you pee? For me I’ve been feeling it for the past month every time I pee. It’s like the baby is pushing down on bladder as it’s being emptied and it kind of hurts. 
  • Options
    Oh and I just came down with a cold. My nose started running a ton yesterday and I woke up with a stuffed nose and a sore throat this morning. Hoping it stays as just a cold and not a fever too.
  • Options
    @zencats pressure is common because baby is pretty much camping on your bladder at all times. Be careful with it though. Maybe mention to your doc, I can’t count how many times ladies in pregnancy forums have had UTIs or bladder infections and didn’t know until they were peeing blood. 
  • Options
    @zencats - I’ve been battling a cold since Thursday and finally feel a little better. And ditto what @madreofdragons said re: a UTI. 

Yay @danixbanani24! Great news! 
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker