Fever at 38 weeks — The Bump
3rd Trimester

Fever at 38 weeks

I developed a fever this evening 100.8 and it is only slightly lowering with Tylenol 100.2 (technically not a fever anymore). I ended up with chorioamnionitis during labor with my first and am now paranoid that it’s happening again. My uterus is tender, but it’s felt like this few a few weeks now. Doc said it’s normal for a second pregnancy after a c section. Anyone have any experience with this? I don’t want to be a total psycho and call the doctor for a minor fever and my own paranoia.

Re: Fever at 38 weeks

• cadels said:
    I developed a fever this evening 100.8 and it is only slightly lowering with Tylenol 100.2 (technically not a fever anymore). I ended up with chorioamnionitis during labor with my first and am now paranoid that it’s happening again. My uterus is tender, but it’s felt like this few a few weeks now. Doc said it’s normal for a second pregnancy after a c section. Anyone have any experience with this? I don’t want to be a total psycho and call the doctor for a minor fever and my own paranoia.
    There is nothing wrong with calling your doctor's nurses line and inquiring. Rather be safe than sorry. 
    CecilB93