November 2018 Moms

Appointments and Updates 10/7

2»

Re: Appointments and Updates 10/7

• @wildrainbow ugh I'm so sorry for the mixed emotions you must be having. At least the confusion is over and hopefully no more surprises now that you can schedule your C's!
  • So, the babies are still growing, but they've dropped down to the 12th percentile :disappointed: The rest of the scans looked good, they're moving well, plenty of amniotic fluid, they're practicing their breathing - by all accounts healthy. Unfortunately, my MFM doc was not available during my appointment (I would assume he was assisting with a delivery/complication), so I don't know what the recommendation will be from here. There was lots of talk about birth plans (which I haven't really discussed in detail with my OB since I've only been his patient for less than a month) and making sure I was set for seeing my OB soon. 

My MFM doc should be calling me later today with his thoughts...I'm a little worried about the babes, but I know that my care team is doing what they can to keep them (and me) healthy. Here's hoping they can stay in a little longer. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @smulrich16 sending all the good vibes your way!! Will be thinking about you guys <3
    nws
  • So my appointment was actually yesterday.  Was a routine check but my midwife thought she felt the head up near my rib cage so they did an ultrasound to confirm.  Yup, he's currently breech.  Fingers crossed he moves on his own!  I don't want to have to consider doing a version...sounds painful!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • @smulrich16 - I hope you hear from the MFM doc soon so you guys can make a plan. 
    @lostarz14 - I hope your little guy flips on his own! 
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• @smulrich16 Hope you heart from your MFM soon, and that you can get a plan y'all are both comfortable with. Hugs, I know this is stressful. 
  • Went to the chiropractor today because of bad pain in my left low back. What I thought was sciatic nerve pain is actually inflammation of my sacrum and coccyx. Now I can't stop crying because of the crippling pain randomly coming when I move and the fact that it's only inflammation. How on Earth can this just be inflammation pain? I feel like I'm being struck by a cattle prod and I just don't understand.. Of course i can't take anti inflammatories because it will reduce the fluid for baby. 

Chiro put some kinesiology tape on, told me to stop heating, stop stretching/excercises, and ice every 2-3 hours. Wants me back on on Monday. I feel like such a sissy that this is just inflammation but it is so bad I cannot just grit my teeth through it... And end rant/vent. Sorry for that everyone...
  • @ftm_jen Oh no!! I hope you feel better soon. That sounds awful. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @smulrich16 i am so sorry you’ve got this issue over your head. i hope that the mfm doc and your ob can come up with a plan of care that will put you at ease. you’re already past 34w, so they’re already at a good gestational age to handle an emergency delivery should you need one. but i hope babies hold steady til closer to 37w.
  • @ftm_jen - any inflammation can be super painful, so please don't feel bad. You're in pain regardless of the cause and I hope the chiro's suggestions give you a little relief. 
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• @smulrich16 I’m sorry to hear that the babies dropped in percentile, but I hope it’s comforting that everything looks good! Hopefully you’ll hear from you mfm soon and get a plan set that will put you at ease.

@lostarz14 my lo is laying oblique and has been for some time. I’m with you in hoping that they decide to flip on their own and no version is needed!

@ftm_jen I hate to hear you’re in such pain. FX the kinesiology tape will give some support and ice will calm the inflammation. Take it easy and rest up!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ftm_jen was the chiropractor able to give you an adjustment??? I was having this exact same issue and couldn't walk Tuesday night. When I went to see the chiro he said one of the bones in my pelvis (sacrum?) was turned in. he was able to adjust me and it turned back.the stabbing pain went away immediately and I am still having the same kind of thing that you're describing but it's lessening each day.
  • @cm716 he did adjust me and used that trigger thing to try and loosen my right sacrum. He said the right side was catching and causing the inflammation/ pain on my left side. He also loosened my round ligaments. It felt better but not anywhere near good. Still hurts to put weight on my leg, sitting, standing, walking are all bad. The worst was getting in and out of the car though. And getting up from laying down. I'm hoping icing every 2 hours does something. I can't do this for 6 more weeks.
  • @ftm_jen I’m sorry you’re in so much pain. I hope at least now they they know what’s going on your doctor or chiro or other care team can decide on a treatment plan that will help. 

• @smulrich16 I’m so glad you have a plan you are comdortable with an such a caring team!

@ftm_jen I’m so sorry the pain is bad. Hoping the new suggestions help!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• When is your appointment? 

It was this morning.

How far along will you be?

35 + 1 

What is being addressed? 

General check-up, GBS swab and cervical check.

My blood pressure was great, cervix is high and undilated (not surprised since the only cervical check I had with my twins at like 37 weeks was the same).  Belly measured exactly 35 weeks. 

Everything's looking good!

Questions/Comments/Concerns:

My OB is going to be out of the country from 10/21 to 10/31.  He said two different OB's would be covering for him and both are good, but that one would fight me tooth and nail over my planned VBAC, so try not to go into labor then (not that he expects me to). :neutral:

I don't see myself going early (at least not that early), but now I'm afraid that I will and I'll get Dr. Repeat C-section.  The last thing I want is to have to fight with someone to avoid being forced into an unnecessary C-section when I've been told I can try for the VBAC I've wanted since day one and am going to be in a vulnerable place.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(

• @MojieJo I hate that you might get someone who is not on board with your birth preferences - especially if the doctor who has been seeing and treating you for the past 8 months is ok with it! Can you schedule an appointment to meet with this doctor ahead of time just in case so you can be clear about your plans when you're not actively in labor?

• @MojieJo i’ll be sending vibes your way that baby does not decide to come on a day with the anti vbac doctor on duty!! i really hope you get the birth experience you want.
  • MojieJoMojieJo member
    edited October 2018
    @lifesabeach624 I'm not sure, that might be worth looking into.  I'll see about asking my OB at my appointment next week.

@highsteaks Thank you!  After being forced into a C/S last time against my wishes, I'm going to be devastated if it happens again (unless it ends up being necessary because the VBAC fails).
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(

• @MojieJo how frustrating for doctors in the same practice to not be on the same page. Really hoping you get the birth option you are planning on, the Dr you like, and a healthy delivery for your LO.