1st Trimester

Stress , how can I avoid it?!

I am newly pregnant , first time & even though I’m only 6 weeks the emotions are hitting me hard & my bf, the babies father(who I am in a relationship w) is not very understanding at all. I will call him when I’m upset about something to make me feel better & he just calls me dramatic & says I’m annoying. This really hurts because it’s something we both claimed to be ready for & wanted but he makes me feel like I’m in this alone, which makes me resort to saying he doesn’t have to stay around we can break up & I’ll let him know when I’m going into labor because I really feel like majority of my stress is coming from him & feel like the entire pregnancy would be easier w/o him involved. Will I ever stop being so sensitive? Am I being dramatic & annoying & would I be wrong to not involve him at all until the birth? Also what are some ways you ladies keep your stress down? As I said this is my first pregnancy & I know stress is critical in this stage in pregnancy . I don’t want to lose my baby because of him . Please help

Re: Stress , how can I avoid it?!

• Sounds like it might be best to talk to a third party, by yourself and as a couple. Let your doctor know about any stress and anxiety, and see if they can refer you to someone. Best of luck!
  • Have you explained to him how he's making you feel? It almost sounds to me like he wasn't ready, but I could be wrong. I think you two definitely need to talk about things, if he's this annoyed by pregnancy hormones, he's going to have a rude awakening when the baby is born.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18