BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
Anniversary

Re: FTM Check-in • 10.2

• Options
    1) How far along are you?
    30+2, still can't believe it

2) Any appointment updates?
    Not really, but we do have a childbirth class tomorrow! It's only four hours long and I am excited. Hope we get lots of pee breaks :grimace:

3) RantsRaves/Questions/DearDiary?
    Dear Diary, I'm still waiting for those famous nesting urges to kick in. Instead I have had the opposite and have been experiencing maximum fatigue. This house needs cleaned, it's my job, and I just don't have the motivation or energy. Ugh.

4) GTKY: Do you give to charities?
    Not as often as I would like!
    Every few years I donate to St. Jude, and I set up Amazon Smile to support the Women in Military Service for America Memorial Foundation, Inc. But that's it. I've already warned DH that when he gets his next promotion I'm making us sustaining members of our local NPR station because I am starting to feel guilty about listening to NPR almost daily and not supporting them with dollar bills, so that's on the calendar to change.
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • Options
    @echo-charlietango i can't wait to hear about your childbirth class! I am so excited for mine too but it's not for a month!

30+1 the size of a platapus, minus the tail (um, ok?)

Next 2 weeker on monday morning

Nah, just cruising along

Sporadically. I give to united way through payroll deduction at work, then to planned parenthood a few times a year. We also donate a lot to the clothing closet at our local mission. I will also do one-off donations when something strikes me, or often in lieu of gifts for people
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    hkomhkom member
    edited October 2018
    I'm going to jump back into these even though I can't answer most of the questions   :D   I'll just answer the GTKYs :)

GTKY:  Do you give to charities?
    I used to be a sustaining member for our local NPR station, but I actually just cancelled that because they pissed me off.  Our very favorite program is Car Talk, and WVXU just stopped airing it on Saturday mornings.  Car Talk is one of the most popular programs in NPR history, and they just decided they should stop playing it? Why?  Plus I just never really listen to it in general anymore.  But the Car Talk thing was the last straw.  I took the money I was giving them and transferred it over to give more to KET, Kentucky's PBS station, because they are badass and do a fantastic job.  Probably at least 75% of the TV we watch is KET/PBS.

We also start and give tomato plants to our church's mission garden every spring.

I may start donating to March of Dimes and/or St. Jude, considering my recent experience with preterm birth, but I need to do some more research first.

@echo-charlietango Jealous of your childbirth class!  I wish I had had one!  :D 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @hkom when i was little we would drive to my grandparents' 2 hours away almost every weekend. we always listened to whadda ya know know and car talk! 
  • Options
    hkomhkom member
    edited October 2018
    @morgantu It's the best!  I feel like their board decided that it's not relevant anymore and people won't be interested in listening to two old guys talk about old cars.  Yes, it's about cars, but it's not about cars.  You don't listen to it to learn about cars.  Car Talk is like Seinfeld.  You can be of any generation and have no frame of reference for what they're talking about and it's still funny.  That's why it's so great!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @hkom they don't make new episodes of car talk - maybe that's why? It's sad what happened to the older brother. 

1. 29 + 5 I think? TB thinks the baby is size of an acorn squash. 

2. Had my first 2 weeker earlier this week and got my shots. Otherwise uneventful. 

3. My rant is in the BF thread. Poor sleep this week pretty much. This baby likes having a dance party from 4 to 5 am. I'm hoping that's not a preview of things to come... 

4. We do give to MSF/doctors without borders every year and give to local animal shelter. Was subscribed to NPR while in Houston but got lazy when we moved to Chicago. Also have a lot of one off donations that I can't remember off the top of my head - MH is usually in charge of those.  
  • Options
    @hannelorre I mean TV stations play reruns of old shows all the time.  Our main PBS station airs The Red Green Show every Saturday during primetime, and they stopped taping that over 10 years ago. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @echo-charlietango I'm with you. Exhaustion has hit hard again. Unsure if it's 100% pregnancy or combination of pregnancy plus being sick still.  

@hannelorre I think it's funny how the bump thinks an acorn squash is bigger than an eggplant....I think acorn squash is one of the smallest squashes, probably no more than 8 inches long. And also, zucchini is smaller than eggplant, right?  The bump seems to think the opposite. Or maybe it's just the ones I buy?

@hkom good to see you back here :) definitely do your research before deciding on a children's charity (or any charity). They all have pros and cons.  

1. 28+5, baby is the size of an eggplant.

2. 30ish week OB appointment on Thursday. I'll be getting my TDAP, and I guess they will determine if I need a growth ultrasound. I'm a bit worried since I've gained 9 lbs in less than 4 weeks! Then I also get bloodwork drawn for thyroid levels to see if my medication dosage adjustment is effective.  Meet with the endocrinologist next Monday I think?

3. I bitched in the randoms thread, but DH seems to think we've got all the time in the world to prep the house for baby, but in my head the house needed to be ready YESTERDAY.  He's so chill about it and I've become slightly neurotic about it, not a good mix.

4. We donate to my old job each year at their annual gala fundraiser (which happens to be tonight!).  They are a nonprofit that provides OT, PT, and SLP (using horses!) to individuals with disabilities. These services are at little to no cost to the families through their scholarship program, which the fundraiser helps support.  We also donate to our local animal shelters, and for 5 years we helped foster dogs (about 20 in total), many of which were difficult to place dogs.  So while this wasn't a monetary donation, it was a huge donation of our time. 
  • Options
    30+2

Have a growth scan tomorrow and a check up the day after and antenatal classes in the weekend busy week!!

Starting to feel slightly terrified I feel that time is passing to quickly! Not entirely sure that I'm ready yet but I guess you never are 

Yes and no we currently donate to local groups that we are part of like DH works with youth in town so we donate to that we also have a free food shelf in the local library where DH works and we donaye to that alot aswell other charities it really depends on what it is 
  • Options
    @scaredunprepared yea I don't get these size comparisons at all! 
  • Options
    31+1

Just had an appointment the other day. Everything sounded good. Nothing out of the ordinary. :)

It might sound weird, but I hate when people have been commenting on the size of my baby bump. They are surprised when I tell them how far along I am, because I guess I don't look like it. The other day, someone thought I was only 3 or 4 months pregnant. When they found out, they made the comment that it's not going to be that big of a baby. I know it sounds silly to be bothered by that, but it's just a little annoying.

Not sure if you count volunteering somewhere. If so, then I do volunteer work at a wildlife center nearby. Other than that, I guess I haven't ever given it much thought as bad as that sounds.