October 2018 Moms

Bouncing Baby Check-in (Week of Oct 5)

This check-in is for October 2018 Babies who are now pooping in diapers and their sleep deprived Moms. 

1) How old is baby; any milestones or brags this week?

2) How are you feeling, Mom?

3) Rants / Raves / Questions?

4) GTKY: When baby gets to name their first pet, what do you think the name will be?

Re: Bouncing Baby Check-in (Week of Oct 5)

• @knottieamusements
    I'm binge watching Parenthood and when I was reading this Max was watching guacamole shed his skin! Max and guacamole  B)
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• Loading the player...
  • @knottieamusements that's awesome they're willing to let max try being without his feeding tube!! Fingers crossed he's home sooner than later!!
  • 1) How old is baby; any milestones or brags this week? Cecilia is 10 days old! So far, she’s an easier baby than her brother. She eats less and sleeps more. She can already lift her head too.

2) How are you feeling, Mom? Physically good! My labor was much easier and my body is healing quicker. Mentally, Tired and anxious. I had my first anxious meltdown last night around 4am. My anxiety is different this time. Last time it was me loosing her, this time it’s her loosing me.

STM? Anyone feel like their let down is different this time?

4) GTKY: When baby gets to name their first pet, what do you think the name will be?

DS will probably name our next pet a made up word.

• 1) How old is baby; any milestones or brags this week?

Maisie was 3 weeks yesterday (Friday). We had her weighed and she gained 10oz in a week, so breastfeeding is working well!

Good enough that we all went 5-pin bowling last night :lol:

My kids are all over Maisie, to the point they poke her and wake her up on a pretty regular basis. It’s great they love her, but just leave her alone!!

If she’s influenced by her siblings, someone from Star Wars or Harry Potter...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • KFrobKFrob member
    edited October 2018
    @cdepperschmidt Yes! I don’t “feel” my let down I guess is the best way to describe it.  Also, I’ve had no leakage this time.  I have a box of breast pads I don’t need! 

ETA I jinxed it. Woke up in a puddle 
  • @KFrob I didn’t leak last time. This time one boob leaks...
  • @MyLitta - Honestly, they didn’t leave me with any instructions regarding breastfeeding frequency.  We are still trying to establish it, and I’m trying 2-3 times a day, but it is hit and miss. Half the time, we end up with a bottle anyway.  

If he doesn’t figure it out soon, I’m going to pump as long as I can at 4-5 times a day, as long as it doesn’t interfere with taking care of him in other respects.  If my supply disappears at that low of frequency, we’ll switch to formula once the stockpile runs out - I figure we have enough frozen to take him to about 4 months if I stop producing tomorrow.  
  • 1) How old is baby; any milestones or brags this week? 

Little One is 4 days old, he got his oxygen tube off, got his IV out, but they've put him back on the jaundice light pad.

Emotionally I'm glad to be able to see my little one. Otherwise, stressed out. He's still in the NICU, and not being about to be with him all the time is really stressful. I just want to be able to go home with my little one.

We already have pet so he won't really get to name one.

• Baby Jack is 5 days old. I'm so exhausted. Big brother has terrible jealously and has been fussy ever since we got home and every time someone holds jack he cries and does something hes not supposed to so he gets attention. I'm tired and dont know how I'm gonna handle these two by myself. Jack is eating 1-3 ounces every 2 hours and is obviously sleeping all the time. Hes 1 oz away from birth weight he was 8lbs 9oz today at his doctors appointment today. I hope it gets easier I dont know how to split the time together since someone is always crying. 
  • @momoflogan20 - Hang in there, mama.  In a few weeks, everyone will settle down into a new routine.  
  • @momoflogan20 I’m sure that’s so tough! Hang in there, like knottie said, I’m sure you will get in to a routine with both boys. Just know you’re doing a great job!! 
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • @momoflogan20 I am so sorry! That sounds very stressful!