February 2019 Moms

U/O Thursday 10/4

Let’s hear them! (I'm too tired to find a meme)

Re: U/O Thursday 10/4

• I don't like leggings and have never worn them in public.  
  • @allthingsgo- Happy to assist with a gif ;p

• Loading the player...
  • I totally rejected Game of Thrones after watching part of the premiere and never watched or followed the rest, although almost everyone I know is obsessed.
  • @thechickendance I'm wearing leggings right now ... awkward.

@sjnsjnsjn AGREED. I just couldn't get into it. 
  • @smallbutmighty77- Even as a fan of the show, I have to agree that there are stretches of WD - even basically seasons- that are pretty dull.
  • I hate swimming in the ocean. Way too many things to watch out for (jellyfish being chief among them), and the beaches always seem crowded or slightly commercialized (at least here on the Georgia coast). Give me the Great Lakes and their cold but fresh water any day!
  • @sjnsjnsjn OMG WD needs to end.  I've watched it all the way through and it's just terrible now.

@thechickendance leggings are my uniform  :D

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @hannahbananas11 I also hate oceans. They're fine to look at from a distance. And I'm fine with going in the water if I can see my feet. But count me the hell out if I can't see my feet.
  • @BourbonBiscuits Amen to that. Definitely pretty to look at, especially when there are big waves or a storm coming in. But I absolutely refuse to get in any ocean water that's not super clear, because I need to know what's around me at all times.
  • @hannahbananas11- In my top 5 reasons for loving Chicago, after having spent my life on the coasts and most recently 17 years in NYC where we would trek endlessly to go to crowded ocean beaches in queens or Long Island, is Lake Michigan and the beautiful beach, the clear fresh water, the lack of salt, the lack of kelp-y things, word.
  • @sjnsjnsjn Yes! I grew up on the other side of the Lake, near Holland MI. We'd go to the lake weekly during the summer to swim, and then in the winter we'd walk out on the ice! I have so many good memories of Lake Michigan and Lake Superior.
  • @hannahbananas11- Looooove the Michigan side of the lake sooo much.
  • @BourbonBiscuits fun fact: today is national taco day...although I think it should be a TUESDAY and not Thursday.  lol
  • @danixbanani24 no way! We just had tacos and mushroom and spinach enchiladas for lunch and it was all so amazing.
  • @BourbonBiscuits I'm debating chipotle (closest place to get tacos around my job) but I also have to walk like two blocks and my ankles are killing me so I'm just sitting here being whiney. lol
  • Ok, that inspired my next UO, which is that I despise mushrooms on basically a cellular level. I cannot stand the smell of them cooked. I will not eat things with them in them. Hard pass.
  • I love leggings. So comfy and versatile.

I also love the ocean but grew up on the gulf coast so it has a special meaning for me. Though now that I’m older I am more cautious about swimming in it especially when I can’t see my feet. Of course the red tide has been terrible so there’s that too. Thanks Ricky boy!

I’m not really a big fan of chocolate cake or icing. I prefer vanilla. Same goes with ice cream. 
  • @allthingsgo- More chocolate cake and icing and ice cream for me! I want all of that right meow
  • @okayestmom12 props to you for the mismatched socks.  That is my every day life lol
  • I am all for Oceans!! DH will not get in dark water he can't see stuff in. Hate's it. Even the ocean-when he sees certain animals- he will nope right out. I will get in anything! I've gone shark diving off the Farrallon Islands and I swam with nurse sharks in Belize. so I am all for getting in the water and seeing all the pretty fishy friends.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • @smallbutmighty77- I do make exceptions for oceans in particularly beautiful places!  That's cool about the sharks. I swam with dolphins in Kaikoura bay, NZ, and that was definitely a life highlight!
  • Oceans are okay but lakes are THE WORST. Slimy and nasty on the bottom and the water is yuck. We live on a river and I would NEVER swim in that thing either. 
  • I love leggings! So comfortable. I agree about not being a fan of corn tortillas though. Nope. Also don’t like to swim in the ocean. 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker