March 2019 Moms
Options

** TW*** Goodbye all - late loss

I'm just writing one last time here to say goodbye.  For some backstory -  a couple weeks ago I received the results of my NIPT - I learned I was having a boy, but also that the boy had a high risk of down syndrome.  I agonized on my decision, as my DH was adamant that he did not want to raise a child with down syndrome, and I myself was on the fence.  After much painful deliberation, I knew I could not terminate the pregnancy - however, I was still torn between adoption and keeping the baby.  This past week or so I was leaning towards keeping the baby because of some of the new info I learned and talking with another mom who has 2 special needs sons.  After meeting with a genetic counselor, I had a glimmer of hope, too, however small - she said the positive predictive value of the NIPT in my case was 90%, so, there was a 10% chance the baby could be ok.  I was on an emotional rollercoaster knowing, but not knowing, the outcome and not really knowing what my decision would ultimately be if the outcome was down's. 

Today (at 16 weeks) I was scheduled for an amnio to confirm the NIPT - but it turned out to be unnecessary.  The ultrasound tech who was examining me before the amnio found no cardiac activity.  Baby passed anywhere from a week ago to a few days ago, there is no way to know for sure when it happened because he may have been growth restricted due to downs.  At my last appointment I heard his heartbeat so he was fine then.

I am heartbroken of course that I will not be joining you all in welcoming a March baby, but looking to the future where DH and I will try again. I am scared as I am now facing either a D&C or delivering - I'm still waiting to hear back from the OB about my options and I will decide from there. 

Thank you all and I wish you happy, healthy pregnancies.

Re: ** TW*** Goodbye all - late loss

• Options
    I’m so very very sorry for your loss. I’ll be praying you find peace as you process everything and heal.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. As someone who has had a late loss, I know there is no right words. If you want to talk, you can message me. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    bdesterhousebdesterhouse member
    edited October 2018
    I am so incredibly sorry for your loss. I lost a son at 16 Weeks and found out during an appt as well. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I delivered my son after being given medicine to induce labor. It was a very difficult time to go through. If you need someone just to listen or talk to, please reach out. Again, I am so incredibly sorry for this loss you are going through.

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    So truly sorry for your loss... 
  • Options
    So sorry for your loss
  • Options
    I am so deeply sorry for your loss and all you’ve gone through. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.
  • Options
    I'm so very sorry. Sending lots of love to you and your family during this time.
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• Options
    So incredibly sorry for your loss. Wishing you peace at this difficult time. 
  • Options
    I’m so very sorry for your loss.
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. You will be in my T & P. 
  • Options
    I'm so sorry. 
  • Options
    I'm so very sorry, dear. Sending you strength and positive thoughts to get through this tough time.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Shelbyville30Shelbyville30 member
    edited October 2018
    I’m so sorry for your loss. <3
  • Options
    As others have said, I know there are no words that make this better. I'm so sorry you're going through this.
  • Options
    I’m so sorry for your loss. I wish there were words to help you feel better. Sending you positive thoughts and prayers.
  • Options
    💚💚 sorry. Positive energy your way. This happened to a person I know and soon after had a happy healthy pregnancy and baby. I’m a firm believer in things happen for a reason.
  • Options
    I’m so very sorry for your loss. Wishing you peace and healing  <3
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: 2012
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. Wishing you healing and peace!
  • Options
    Very sorry for your loss
  • Options
    I’m so so sorry for your loss. You and YH have really been put through a lot since you got the initial nipt results. Sending you creepy internet stranger hugs and strength as you recover. 
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    So very sorry. 
  • Options
    So sorry for your loss! My thoughts and prayers are with you!
  • Options
    I am so very sorry to hear this. My prayers and thoughts as well to you. 
  • Options
    I am so sorry!!!! My heart breaks for you...I cannot even imagine the roller coaster you have been on! 
  • Options
    I’m so sorry friend.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    I am so sorry for you and your family’s loss. You guys have gone through a lot in the last few weeks, and I cannot imagine the rollercoaster of emotions and thoughts that you may be experiencing. I am wishing you strength and peace as you undergo the next step, and lots of love and support as you heal.  <3
  • Options
    So sorry for your loss. Wishing you and your DH all the strength and sympathies to get through this. Take care of yourself.
  • Options
    I’m so sorry for your loss. Wishing you strength and peace while you go through this. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I am so sorry. Thank you for sharing with us
  • Options
    So sorry for your loss.
  • Options
    So sorry for your loss. Sending comfort and love. 
  • Options
    I am so sorry hon! So many prayers for you and your family! *hugs!* 
  • Options
    I'm so incredibly sorry for your loss. I can only imagine how you must be feeling. I'll be thinking and praying for you and your family  <3
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss.  Take care of yourself.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Sending lots of loving thoughts! I'm so sorry! 
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine... Take care of yourself. 
  • Options
    Wow, you poor thing, you've been through the ringer for sure. There are no words, but I'd like to share with you a few things I've learned:
    Take time through this grief process, healing will come in time but you'll always bear a scar. As someone who has also had a late loss, I can only imagine the pain and confusion you are feeling. When you feel strong enough, please reach out to someone who you can trust to walk this journey with you. Your feelings are valid, whatever they are, but it will be helpful to reach out and not go through this alone. I will keep you and all loss moms/families in my prayers. I pray that you will have the support you need when you are ready. <3