October 2018 Moms

VBAC Check-in/October

What's the latest? How are you feeling?

(@meltonjl -Hope I didn't step on your toes by starting the discussion. I didn't see a post for Oct yet and was curious as to how the VBAC hopefuls were doing.)

BabyFruit Ticker
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: VBAC Check-in/October

• I’ll find out on Wednesday if I am officially cleared for a VBAC :). Excited and nervous, but so far so good on my end. 
  • Great! Everything was still good at my appointment on Fri. Next appointment is Mon after next and doctor will check my progress. I’ll be 39+1 then.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @CB0425 you didn’t! I’ve been preoccupied with a newborn anyway! 🙂 I wish all of you the best of luck with your VBACs! As most of you know, it didn’t work out for me but I am still grateful for a healthy baby boy!
  • I was going to do vbac, but LO is breech and "sunny side up". I'll be 38 weeks this week. I've made peace with it.
  • meltonjl Congratulations! Wishing you all the best. Enjoy your baby boy. I'm looking forward to meeting mine however he gets here..lol
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • RosieMommy2016 Understand. I think I've reached that point where I'm no longer stressing over it.  I'm just getting antsy to meet him.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @arome2311 - did you get cleared??  39 weeks today, and just had a membrane sweep to try to get things moving.  Otherwise i have an appt next thursday with an OB to discuss a RCS  :'(     Lets hope it doesn't come to that....
  • @jengibre_zorro Hope it works out for you!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @jengibre_zorro yup! Baby is measuring small, so my OB is really advocating for a VBAC. She didn’t even want to schedule a “just Incase” c-section at 41 weeks because she doesn’t think it will come to that :)

@RosieMommy2016 I’m sorry that your baby isn’t in the right position. I hope it works out well either way. 
  • 39+1 and not dilated at all as of today. Doctor wants to see me back next week and if no progress I will probably have to schedule a RCS. If I'm dilated at all he will possibly attempt to break my water. Sigh..
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @CB0425- hugs.  I’m in the same boat.  No advice, just wanted you to know you’re not alone  <3
  • Good luck to both of you! 
  • Well, after weeks of telling me the baby was head down (based on feel), we had an ultrasound done today and found out it is breech. So it’ll be a RCS next Thursday or Friday. Pretty bummed that I can’t even try for my VBAC but I’m trying to make my peace with it. 
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• @shortstack930 I’m sorry to hear that baby is breech and you don’t have the option for a vbac anymore :(. I’m hoping you have a great birth experience and speedy recovery despite the setback. 
  • @shortstack930 Hope all goes well
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @shortstack930 I’m so sorry, how frustrating  :(. I hope you can use this time to make it the best experience possible! 
  • CB0425CB0425 member
    edited October 2018
    At 40+4 today my doctor doesn’t want me to continue to wait. He has scheduled me for a RCS tomorrow. I’m pretty disappointed but working on accepting it. If I was dilated at all he would have attempted to break my water but as of today still no change.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @CB0425- I’m so sorry  :(