December 2018 Moms
Options

Check-In w/o 10/01 (EDD 12/9-12/16)

Just wanted to point out, that after this week, our weeks remaining will officially be in the single digits (9)! Shit's getting real!

How far along are you? How big is baby?

How are you feeling this week? Any new symptoms?

Rants/Raves/Questions/Dear Diary?

GTKY: What are some things that make your day better?

Re: Check-In w/o 10/01 (EDD 12/9-12/16)

• Options

How far along are you? How big is baby? 30 weeks Wednesday. Wut. Size of half a large Cheesecake Factory cheesecake I guess?

How are you feeling this week? Any new symptoms? Just very achy, especially when I'm down on the floor interacting with my child. Loving the big movements and hiccups though!

Rants/Raves/Questions/Dear Diary? Nothing that I'm not about to put in the Randoms section. Dear Diary, I'm randomly excited for my OB appointment on Wednesday even though I know it's going to be boring AF?

GTKY: What are some things that make your day better? My naptime nap and my hygge time at night, complete with candles and tea! And cookies or other sweets, if I'm not doing a Whole30 :/

Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @CecilB93 Oooh I need to make a chiro appointment. I haven't had to go since first try, but now that my belly weight it really taking a toll on my low back, I think I need to back. The Renaissance Fair sounds like fun, they have one in a neighboring city here during the Summer, but I've never been before. 

@PensiveCrayon Lol @ your size comparison. 

29+4, a pineapple??

Just achy. I overdid it at a work thing yesterday, and am paying for it today. Tired as usual, but mentally I'm great.

Just really getting excited. Less than 3 weeks until my shower. As of Friday, my weeks remaining will be in the single digits. As if Halloween, I'll be less than 1.5 months out. I feel like everything is a countdown!

Loving on my dog, curling up on my spot on the couch and relaxing, going for a drive with my H and ending up wherever we end up (it might be a restaurant, farm, bar, beach, whatever). 

• Options
    @morgantu That's hilarious! J made me promise before he left that I would keep the spirit of hygge alive while he was away. The funny thing is, I got into it -- or at least read the Little Book of Hygge by Meik Weiking -- way before he did. So he knew about the concept, but after we came back from our Scandinavia trip he finally picked it up and got alllll into it.
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Options

29w2d—size of an acorn squash

Nothing new really. Sleep is elusive. Right now my butt hurts again because my body hates the way I sleep and I think I’m aggravating some nerve.

Today is going to be a long day because dh has to work from like 10am-12am. So I’m on my own. Hopefully dd is in a good mood today.

DH having off, especially during the week. Doing a little outing or trip with the three of us is always fun. Also when dd takes a nice long nap. That’s always a good one. :)

**June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • Options
    @CecilB93 I love coming home to my boys too :heart:
    @PensiveCrayon Mmm, cheesecake.
    @Hollyyyyy I love drives with my H too.
    @morgantu Oh, bunny-size is extra cute!
    @rosebud332 Sorry your butt hurts :confused:

30 weeks tomorrow :scream: Acorn squash/bunny baby

Generally good, I can't tell if I am actually running out of steam faster, or if my batteries are lower than I perceive. I cannot possibly imagine having real responsibilities right meow.

Dear diary, woke up to a dog fight this morning. DH was in the backyard with the dogs, and their excitement boiled over into a fight. I hear it and run out of bed, DH has one of the dogs down, and I open the door and the other dog runs in. Dogs were quick to calm, and that's nice.
    I could tell that DH was disappointed that I went back to bed though. Before he left I tell him that I need more time with the giant pillow and that my stomach hurt. He didn't seem to believe that wrenching myself out of bed could cause minor pains. I did get fully out of bed before he left - but still. Ouch.

Big dog snuggles, DH surprising me with flowers. I am also a huge fan of grabbing a latte and a carwash. It's all in the details.
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • Options
    @echo-charlietango I have the ovia app and I don't really like it, but I keep it cause the size comparisons are so good!
  • Options
    @echo-charlietango Oh my gosh yes, sudden movements are no bueno. I have strained my belly just leaning over the tub trying to give dd a bath and it takes like 5 minutes for me to sit up and get out of bed without hurting myself!
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • Options

How far along are you? 30 weeks today. Not sure about size. Huge?  

How are you feeling this week? Any new symptoms? Tired, peeing practically every hour, lots of heartburn, and have been waking up with calf and ankle cramps every night. 

Rants/Raves/Questions/Dear Diary? My husband has been out of town a ton this fall, and it's taking a toll. I already have to cut my work day short to be on time to pick my kids up from school every day (because their dumb school district has no after school programming for elementary kids). Now being on my own 3 of the last 4 weeks means I have to handle all the drop offs, and practices, and bedtime, etc. 

GTKY: What are some things that make your day better? When my youngest (almost 20 months) sleeps in his own bed all night! He's been sick the past two weeks with a stomach issue and an ear infection. So no one has been sleeping well!

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @MissAmber23 I totally empathize with you about DH being gone a lot... mine has been gone way too much and I finally had a minor meltdown and begged my mom to come down for half of his next trip in a couple weeks because I don't think I can physically handle it anymore. Maybe it's just mentally because I'm so worn out but, ugh... it's too much and I totally get it! Hang in there!! 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
  • Options
    I was thinking I already did this this week, but apparently I’m a giant slacker and have not, oops. So...

How far along are you? How big is baby? 30+1, as tall as a cucumber

How are you feeling this week? Any new symptoms? Like CRAP if I’m being honest. I can’t even do something as simple as walking from the car to the house without contractions, and my back is killing me.

Rants/Raves/Questions/Dear Diary? Definitely have a rant. But I totally won’t blame you guys for not reading it because it’ll be long, lol. So my SIL texted me earlier this week asking if we’d mind if she took our 2yo son to SeaWorld’s Halloween event this weekend (about 2.5 hrs from home). Call me overprotective, but literally the ONLY person who has ever babysat/had a sleepover with DS are my parents, so my concern was that he’d freak out since he’s never been alone with them before. DH and I also feel like it’s kind of a long distance for him being so young, so we decided against it and figured she’d understand. Well, she didn’t. She’s giving me the cold shoulder now, sending one-word responses via text, and said she hopes that by Christmas we feel more comfortable so they can take him then. Are we being helicopter parents here? Honestly?

GTKY: What are some things that make your day better? Coffee in the mornings, hearing my son say “I love you mommy”, when my husband gets home from work in the evenings, watching the two of them play together...

• Options
    @mrsm224 I don't think so at all. You know your kid better than anyone, and if you're not comfortable with him going, then that should be it. She is projecting her own insecurities on you- rather than taking it personally, she should appreciate you being forward and honest in that you're not 100% sure how your son would react in that situation. I know I would rather someone tell me "No", than stick me with their kid who may or may not have a meltdown, and then have to drive them over 2 hours back home! Hopefully she gets over it, and realizes that it's not an attack on her or anything personal, you are just looking out for everyone's best interests.
  • Options
    @mrsm224 I agree with @hollyyyyy. This is your kid, not hers, so you get final say in who takes him places and where. I agree that 2.5 hours away seems pretty far, especially if he's never been with anyone but your parents. I'm sorry she's giving you the cold shoulder though :/
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    @mrsm224 I think you have every right to decide where your kid goes, with whom, and where to. That’s a long trip! Your sil is being a tad dramatic I think by getting so insulted. Does she have kids of her own? If not maybe she just doesn’t “get it.” Maybe when she chills out suggest a day trip somewhere closer to home and see how that goes.