January 2019 Moms
Options

Weekly check-in EDD Jan 8-15 w/o 10/1

EDD? 

Symptoms? 

Upcoming appointments? 

R/R/Q: 

GTKY: What do you enjoy the most about being pregnant?

I was out of town last week, so it's been awhile! 

Re: Weekly check-in EDD Jan 8-15 w/o 10/1

• Options
    EDD? 
    1/11

Symptoms? 
    Occasional constipation (so fun!) and mild heartburn...digestion is soooo slowwwww

Upcoming appointments? 
    Next week is glucose test and regular OB appointment.

R/R/Q: 
    We were traveling last week to visit family in California and it was a really good time.  DD had fun being with her grandparents and aunt and uncle.  It was semi-relaxing for DH and I since there were other people to play with and entertain DD.  The sunshine and days by the pool were nice too.  Going to miss traveling as we have no trips on the horizon with LO coming...we typically have a "next trip" planned since DH's family lives out of state.  They will probably come visit us once LO is born.  It's also crazy to think about traveling with two kids.

Baby kicks, this one is super active, like DD.
  • Options
    EDD? 

Symptoms?

I can’t sleep! And even if I could, baby is so far up into my lungs that I can’t breathe no matter my position.  She’s very happy staying crammed inside. I don’t even look pregnant.  It’s hurts.  Also, I’ve reached the point where anytime I lie down, I start contracting. It’s all exhausting. 

Upcoming appointments? 

The 11th. However, it’s supposed to snow that whole week, so I might have to cancel. I’m not driving 5 hours in a snowstorm.  

R/R/Q:

My brother found out.  It was bound to happen. He’s been asking me for months because I was his “drinking buddy.” But I’ve been able to brush it off until this weekend.  I couldn’t back my way out of the question and I wasn’t going to lie.  He’s promised to keep it a secret, but I suspect he’s already told my mom, and if he did, everyone knows. Whatever.  

At this point, lack of period is about it. Well, and the kicks.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    EDD? January 9

Symptoms? Constipation, SI joint pain that makes walking painful, exhaustion

Upcoming appointments? I have another ultrasound on the 17th and a reg OB appointment on the 18th

R/R/Q: I'm just tired and trying to keep up with life and 2 kids. 

GTKY: What do you enjoy the most about being pregnant? I lived the kicks with my first 2 but this pregnancy the kicks are almost annoying. I feel a little guilty saying that. Sometimes they make me smile so big and I'm so happy that little guy is in there but sometimes I just want my body to be mine. It feels so alien and I never felt that before. To be honest, my favorite part is having the belly. I love my pregnant belly!
  • Options
    dragonette505dragonette505 member
    edited October 2018
    EDD? 1/8/19

Symptoms? still nausea, some episodes of reflux, 

Upcoming appointments? 10/12/18

R/R/Q: so I'm still losing weight (not a ton) which is the reason for my appointment next week (was just added during my appointment last week). No rant rave or question, just a thing,i guess. My doc says my belly is measuring on target (but i can feel that my body otherwise is smaller) but since i haven't  put on weight normally and have been losing a pound every couple of weeks, she's order a scan to size the baby to make sure shes the right size. I don't care about me losing weight (I was 20 lbs overweight from fertility treatments) but i just want to make sure shes getting what she needs...

GTKY: What do you enjoy the most about being pregnant? Knowing theres a person i willhopefully meet in the near future that I'm growing in me. Pregnancy has been pretty uncomfortable (read miserable) for me for the most part, but I hold on to the reason I'm enduring this...to meet this girl!

@UnbreakableKimmySchmidt i did my glucose last week (still waiting for them to post the results!) So glad you had a lovely vaca!! 
    @SweetBriarBee Ugh hope you are ok with being outed... i had an awful work experience last week and it pissed me off. I just think each mom to be should decide when and to whom she wants to talk about her pregnancy. 

• Options
    @dragonette505, I lose weight every pregnancy. I've lost 18 so far this time and same, my belly is on track but I'm smaller in other parts. 
    With my first my doctor was a bit concerned and I had extra scans and stuff but DD was always on track and totally fine. Popped out just fine too. I went home about 25 pounds lighter than pre-pregnancy.
    With DS my doctor stopped caring and called pregnancy my best diet plan. DS was 2 pounds bigger than DD and I think I ended up leaving the hospital about 15 pounds less than pre-pregnancy. 
    They haven't said anything this time around and it's a new doctor so I'm curious if they ever will. 

I did start gaining by the end and would end up putting on a few (within 5 pounds) by the time I had my kids but overall, I think that as long as baby is on track and you aren't underweight then you'll be okay. Just my anecdotal experiences that are not at all medically or scientifically sound. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • Options
    EDD? 1/14

Symptoms?  Heartburn all the time now. My pubic bone is killing me and feels like it's going to break in half. 

Upcoming appointments? Not until the 22nd, but I need to get in and do my glucose test the week before. 

R/R/Q: I'm not gaining weight this pregnancy which is very similar to my first pregnancy. I know everyone tells me I should be glad I'm not gaining but the thing is, I lost weight before this pregnancy and all of my old maternity clothes don't really fit me. And I had to actually buy new leggings in a smaller size because the Old Navy ones I was racing about, are too big on me. 

GTKY: What do you enjoy the most about being pregnant? The kicks and just being me and the baby. I remember during my labor with ds, I was close to 10 cm and I just laid in the bed savoring every last second because I knew once he was here, I would have to share him and I wasn't ready yet, lol. Oh and the fact that my leg hair doesn't grow and I don't have to shave my legs for weeks. 
  • Options
    @dragonette505 I completely agree. I have my reasons not to tell my family. And when I’m ready for them to know, I’ll tell them. Which very well could be after she is born and we are back home, 5 hours away from them. My brother didn’t even offer up a congratulations. He just got mad at me and told me everyone deserves to know. Umm, no. 
  • Options
    sparkymcgeee I totally get it.... I was over my normal weight anyway (so I didn't mind losing some) But I just want them to measure her and make sure... with this hyperemesis maybe I'm just not getting enough food over all. 
    SweetBriarBee There seems to be a weird idea that once you are pregnant your body is public domain. I disagree strongly. Ive told my family bit by bit, and that my business. I also had a brother who didn't congratulate me (instead he said: About time, and walked away because he's a jerk even though i love him and he has no idea ive had 4 miscarriages and 7 ivf cycle to get here so "about time" is ridiculous!)
    Family can be messy and right now we need as little mess as possible. We will stand stong together, girl!
    jgil85 Heartburn is a beast! My doc has me taking zantac (i think that's the name) nightly to keep it at bay (even though i haven't had a lot tbh, she thinks it may also help my nausea??? dunno...) 
  • Options
    @dragonette505  When did family planning become a village decision??!!  When I announced my last, my mom completely ignored my pregnancy and bragged to me constantly about my sister who was pregnant with twins. She never said congrats or asked me how I was doing. So why does she deserve to know? I have another sister who has been passively aggressively threatening me with CPS since my first was born. See, her daughter was taken from her because she was allowing her husband to physically abuse her. The state took the baby and gave her the choice between the baby or the husband. She chose the husband.  Every time I had another baby, she would tell me CPS was going to come in and take my kids away. I figured it was just her dealing with her choice. They would have absolutely no basis for coming in and removing my kids. So I just ignored her, up until this year when she started working for CPS. Not two months after she was hired, she called and told me she was on her way to remove my kids. And when asked why, she said for physical abuse. When I laughed and said none of that was even going on, she said emotional abuse.  She kept changing her story on why my kids needed to live with her instead of me.  I haven't talked to her since, and we moved a month later. The move was already planned, and I'm glad we were able to get away from her.  How she managed to weasel her way into a job at CPS is beyond me.  I'm still so mad at her.  The whole thing was absolute bullshit, and caused a huge rift in the family.  I found out after this that all of my other siblings with kids were having the same issue with her and had plans in place for if she ever showed up at their house.  So, please, dear brother, tell me again why people deserve to know? I do feel a little bit bad for not telling my dad, but he'd tell my mom, so..... Ooo, and get this.  After we moved, another sister of mine told me I'm selfish for moving my kids away from them.  Like, WTAF? My H has been working and living out of state for 4 years. We finally get the opportunity to live together, again, and I'm selfish for taking it??????!!!! He'd never even lived with the 2 year old.  But I'm selfish.    
  • Options
    Whoa @SweetBriarBee I am so sorry that you have to deal with all that drama. I would keep my distance too. It all sounds so unhealthy.