January 2019 Moms

Weekly Check In: EDD 1/15-1/21 w/o 10/1

Weekly Check In: edd 1/15-1/21 w/o 10/1

EDD? 

Symptoms? 

Upcoming appointments? 

R/R/Q: 

GTKY: What is your favorite part of being pregnant so far?

Our week has been missing so I'm posting again! Please join in if you can.

Re: Weekly Check In: EDD 1/15-1/21 w/o 10/1

• EDD? 1/17

Symptoms? Some swelling and back pain 

Upcoming appointments? Friday 10/5 glucose screening

R/R/Q: I'm nervous about what it will be like to commute via subway to work in November, December, and January in third trimester. Between a long trip, some walking, extreme cold, and being very pregnant I am nervous.

GTKY: What is your favorite part of being pregnant so far? Lots of things since it took us 3 years and IVF to get here! Probably my #1 is how in to it and excited DH is about everything. Having him rub and talk to my belly, ask what she's doing in there, talk about when she is born, etc is really wonderful. I also like that it is showing physically now so people can see on the outside what I am experiencing on the inside.
  • Weekly Check In: edd 1/15-1/21 w/o 10/1

EDD? Jan 19!

Symptoms? Heartburn, and some sciatic pain.

Upcoming appointments? 10/4, probably will schedule my glucose test and just measure funal growth I think.

R/R/Q: I have had a cold, that turned into bronchitis for over 2 weeks. I am finally feeling better, being sick like that while pregnant is no joke.

GTKY: What is your favorite part of being pregnant so far? I really love the baby kicks and movement. DD is also very into babies, she will come up and wave at my belly, kiss, and put her hand on my belly. My heart is full.
  • Loading the player...
  • Ugh bronchitis is the worst! Try some cayenne pepper in your tea- that can really help it from coming back. I used to get bronchitis like 4x a winter. :(
  • EDD? January 15th

Symptoms? My hips hurt, especially at night, and still battling constipation. Really feeling pretty good overall, though!

Upcoming appointments? Not for another 3 weeks! 

R/R/Q: I’m very focused on trying to get some professional writing commitments completed before I get exhausted again in the third trimester! Also trying to stay strong and avoid all chocolate and caffeine after finding out the baby has a slight heart arrhythmia at our fetal echocardiogram two weeks ago. So far so good...

GTKY: What is your favorite part of being pregnant so far? So many things, but I really like talking to the baby during my commute to and from work! I tell them about all the exciting things waiting for them and sing little madeup songs...It will be really weird the first time I find myself in the car without my “audience” after the baby’s born. 
  • @greenhillgirl, good luck with the glucose screening on Friday! Let us know how it goes! I’ve been dreading the winter commute, too—just a 15 minute drive for me but I hate driving in snow at the best of times. And they make us park really far away from the staff entrance...

@LeahNicole, I’m glad you’re feeling better! I can imagine that bronchitis while pregnant would be really awful. GL at your appointment this week too! 
  • EDD? Jan 21

Symptoms? Aching pelvic bone, especially at night. Constipation.

Upcoming appointments? Next centering appointment is October 15

R/R/Q: DH just got back on Saturday from 3 weeks in China. And 1 week from tomorrow, he goes back for another 3 weeks. And he still hasn't gotten all of his office stuff moved out of the soon-to-be baby's room. I'm starting to worry that he isn't going to have time to get it all cleaned out. We still have to shampoo the carpet and then assemble and move in all the baby furniture. 

GTKY: What is your favorite part of being pregnant so far? I love that I can feel her kicking and moving so much now. And she can be felt from the outside! Its so nice that DH can actually feel her.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Augusta108 Thanks- my appt got moved to next Friday so I will keep you posted. My hips hurt at night too- generally achey these days.

Rachel2066 that sound so stressful for you. DH works nights so we only really see each other on weekends, but it must be hard with him gone AND big projects left. How are you handling that?