BFP June '21
MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
Jan '22 - started IF testing
BFP Jan '22
MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
BFP May '22

Re: Weekly Randoms 10/1

• Options
    I've been up since 430 this morning. I had an upset stomach then and now I'm cramping/contracting in my lower abdomen. Is it time for bed yet?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @lurvleybunchococonuts Your H sounds like mine. He will make fun of me while also refusing to let me do anything, lol. 
  • Options
    @mockingjay1 I am a firm believer that forking out the cash for the sake of your sanity is sometimes worth it. There's a time to save a buck and a time to give yourself a break. No shame here!

@tessiesmom26 You don't even know the date of the shower!? Wow, yeah, that would be frustrating. I was very hands-off with my shower and didn't want to know any details, but I at least knew the date. Try not to stress about the carseat! That's just small stuff. You'll figure it out! :)

@kamahina9 A WHOLE MONTH LATE!? Oh, man. That sounds like my nightmare.

@highsteaks Those are beautiful! 
  • Options
    @highsteaks so cute! I LOVE the names. Elise was my great grandmothers original name before she immigrated, so it hits me in the feels <3
  • Options
    @highsteaks - those are adorable! 
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• Options
    @highsteaks sooo cute!
    @tessiesmom26 maybe the desk just seems more manageable? 
    @kamahina9 with DD I really was not prepared for her to be late, and she was! Now I’m just going in with that mindset. A month is bananas though! 

• Options
    soehlerk said:
    Random Reminder: If you're due on 11/6 or close to it, maybe consider applying to vote absentee?  :)  I believe most states allow absentee voting 6 weeks prior to the election.  Don't want to miss out on those midterms!
    This is a good reminder for everyone! I’m due 11/1 and definitely requested an absentee ballot! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @soehlerk Many states also allow early voting, and it's already underway!

• Options
    @highsteaks - those are the cutest!!! I wanna get a personalized one for our little one too now. Let the shopping begin ;)

@soehlerk - good reminder. I'm due on the 4th so I had to request an absentee ballot as well. 

• Options
    @tessiesmom26 When I was still working while pregnant with DD, I once spent an hour+ popping out each individual key on my keyboard and cleaning it with Lysol wipes. So yea, nesting  :D

@highsteaks Stopitrightnowthosearetoocute!!!

@wildrainbow That's hilarious. My husband calls me Large Marge and hippo in public because people's outraged looks make him laugh. He knows I take giant pride in my big belly though, otherwise he would know better.

@soehlerk Excellent reminder. I always vote absentee but that's especially useful this election!
  • Options
    @tessiesmom26 I spent all of this morning organizing my office, filing things I've been putting off and purging a massive amount of documents. I can't nest at home because we move in 2 weeks, so I figure I will just do it up here. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I think I may be broken. I have zero desire to nest. I didn't with ds either. 
  • Options
    @wildrainbow I didn't start hardcore nesting with my first until like 37 weeks. With this baby I had one short-lived day of nesting but that's it so far. DH has been nesting far harder than me.
  • Options
    Great reminder on voting absintee!! Definitely plan to do that. 
  • Options
    smulrich16smulrich16 member
    edited October 2018
    I'm having a bit of a dilemma and I hope you ladies can give me some advice: 

My best friend called me the other day and told me DH's best friend's wife called her to ask about arranging a weekend for them to come over to surprise us (they live about 5 hours away). My bf is going to be out of the country for a couple weeks this month, so it definitely won't be until after the babies are born. There are two issues here: #1 - surprise visitors are NOT my thing. I know they wouldn't be staying with us, but I'm a planner and I am not a huge fan of people just popping by. #2 - the best friend's wife is having major anxiety issues. She just had their second child and had a hospitalization during her pregnancy due to her anxiety. Every time I've seen/talked to her in the past few months she's been super manic. She's always been a little "extra" (her words, not mine), but it's actually a little scary. She's super all over everyone - kids, friends, her hubby - hugging on them and just generally being in their space. She talks a mile a minute bouncing from topic to topic seemingly randomly. No one says anything to her because they're afraid they'll send her into a spiral - it's like everyone is walking on egg shells. I hate to sound callous, but I barely have the patience to walk on eggshells around someone when I'm at my best. I don't know how I'd do with someone like that while I'm sleep deprived and trying to keep two new babies alive. The last thing I want to do is maker her feel bad or worsen her anxiety. But my friend is dealing with some pretty major stuff with her family and I don't really want her to have to deal with walking on eggshells for a weekend, either. Any suggestions on how we can let her down easy and keep them from making a surprise visit?? Or am I being an a$$hole? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @smulrich16 That sounds like a delicate situation but I definitely don't think you're being a jerk. She sounds like a handful and even if they wouldn't expect to stay with you, you're their sole purpose of visiting so they'd probably be at your house quite a bit for that weekend. Can your best friend run interference for you and just plainly tell her that you are going to have your hands more than full finding a new normal and that it probably wont be a good time for a visit until the twins are at least a few months old? Something like "Look, I know Smulrich and though it's such a sweet gesture, visitors in town when she's just had 2 babies is going to really overwhelm her so why don't you look at dates in the spring when things have settled down for them?" 
  • Options
    RE: nesting - I am nesting much more this time around than I did with DS. Sometimes I am go go go get things done and other times I just want things done and am in a bad mood because it isn't done yet, ha. 

@smulrich16 - yikes, that's tricky. Can your best friend call her back and say she thought about it and thinks that with two babies coming a planned short visit would probably be a better idea? I don't really know anyone that would want surprise visitors shortly after having a baby/babies. 
    *TW*
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses

• Options
    So DS's birthday is in mid November. We've lived 10 hours from our parents since DS was 3 months old until recently so DH's parents have never been present on DS's birthday. Now grandparents are all 3 hours away and I'm sure will want to celebrate with us. The tricky part is, DH's parents are divorced (his dad cheated on his mom over 10 years ago and got remarried 6 years ago). I think the only event they have all been present at was SIL's wedding a couple years ago. The birthday party will likely just consistent of close family (grandparents and maybe SIL and her husband if they want). Should we celebrate with everyone (my parents, DH's mom, his dad and wife) separate? Invite them all together? I don't really think it's fair to invite his mom or dad separately with my parents because then one of them is going to be left out. My parents will likely already be here helping with DS since I'll have a newborn. Any advice? 
    *TW*
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses

• Options
    soehlerk said:
    Random Reminder: If you're due on 11/6 or close to it, maybe consider applying to vote absentee?  :)  I believe most states allow absentee voting 6 weeks prior to the election.  Don't want to miss out on those midterms!
    Thank you for reminding me!
  • Options
    @smulrich16 I think you are perfectly reasonable to decline. I would haaaaaate a surprise visit even if I didn’t just have a baby, let alone two, and even if the visitors weren’t a handful. Adding that all up is a big nope. I would tell bf to pass it along that you’re not going to be up for visitors for a while. She can maybe couch it like “oh smulrich said she’s really dreading her in laws visit because she’s just not up for visitors”. Or can your husband talk to his best friend and let him deal with it? 

@mockingjay1 it always rankles me when unhappily divorced people can’t just suck it up and be civil at family events - especially kids events for like a couple of hours. It’s like, grow up. My best friends parents always make a big deal about the other one being there at their grandkids birthday parties and my friend feels like she has to schedule it so they come at different times but they both complain anyway and it’s so silly. I would just have one party, explain that everyone is invited as long as they can behave civilly and leave it at that. Your son shouldn’t have to pay the price for them not getting along! 

• Options
    @mockingjay1 Completely agreed with @lifesabeach85
  • Options
    Thanks @lifesabeach85 and @MouseMama817. I agree too, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't being unreasonable for thinking that. I know I'll also be exhausted and won't want to celebrate separately with everyone anyway.
    *TW*
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses

• Options
    @mockingjay1 I get it. This is part of what stresses me around the holidays and birthdays as far as hosting. DH’s parents can be stand-off-ish to the point of being rude, while my parents always try to be warm and welcoming. It makes for awkward get togethers the rare time the 4 of them have been in the same room. 
  • Options
    @mockingjay1 I agree that you shouldn't go out of your way to plan two parties. There was a pretty chilly climate in my own family for awhile. People grumbled when certain former family members were invited to the kids' birthdays, but everyone put on a happy face for a couple hours, even if it was tough to do so. You're a saint for planning a big event right after having a baby anyway. I think everyone will be grateful that you're even hosting one party during that time. :D
  • Options
    I will probably be headed back to hospital this afternoon. I've had very sharp menstrual cramps, like I'm about to start my period, and low back pain with intense pelvic pressure. I called my nurse and she said it sounds like I might be starting labor. She said go to L&D. I'm going to try and wait until after ds naps, as I have no one to watch him today. Today, I wish my mom was alive and lived here so I could drop ds off with her and not worry about it. 
  • Options
    @wildrainbow sending positive thoughts your way! 
  • Options
    @wildrainbow Oh, girl. I'm hoping for the best possible outcome. I wish things weren't so rough for you right now. *hugs*
  • Options
    @wildrainbow I am so sorry you are going through all this. Sending all the positive vibes!
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22