TTC After a Loss

Re: October WTO

• Options
    @prpl11butterfly that gif is amazing 
  • Options
    So I'm technically WTO, however I've decided to self-bench this cycle. I want to see what my test results are and I feel like I need a break. Regardless, I'll be rooting for you all this cycle!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    CD9 so I go here now gonna do opks and try this new saliva ferning thing to detect ovulation- hoping in future cycles to pee on less sticks! 
  • Options
    CD10 over here. Hoping this will be the month. Have decided to take a break from opks this cycle. Will just live and see what happens.
  • Options
    CD8, not using opk since my body is pretty much a clockwork and throws signals all over the place. FX for everyone trying this month!
  • Options
    CD 13 for me. OPK attempts for the second cycle. No sign that I'll be ovulating any time soon though. Last month wasn't until CD 20. Attempting temping too, but my sleep schedule is probably too wonky. Bought an oral thermometer, and it's totally crap. So that's frustrating. My friend said she will lend me her femometer, which worked for her, so hopefully it'll be better than my new one.

Anyone ever tried visceral massage? Someone recommended it to me but I'm not so sure...
  • Options
    I benched myself this cycle and maybe the next few. Hoping to get some testing done, if my dr would get his ish together. I did start temping this cycle, so hopefully I’ll get a few done so I’ll have a better idea of what my body is doing. 

@hoping4arainbow3 what is visceral massage? I’ve never heard of it.
  • Options
    I really like the "just live " part @baby4bee! That's exactly what I intend this month. Since it seems like o isn't coming until cd20 anymore. CD 6, let's do this
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 visceral massage is abdominal massage. The therapist works on massaging your visceral (internal) organs. Apparently it helps with blood flow, and apparently can help with tubal blockages, fibroids, scar tissue and a variety of other things. Which they claim can help improve fertility. I'm skeptical about most things though. So Ive been trying to do research.

Some friends recommended accupuncture, but I haven't been able to find any legitimate evidence to support it, to justify paying an arm and a leg for treatment. (Though I admit, I used to think acupuncture was comepletely Hokum, so when I had a treatment for neck pain, I went in expecting it to not work. I was shocked with the baseball sized knot was gone. I just can't find any evidence that it can improve fertility).

After last cycle though, I feel pretty ready to try anything...
  • Options
    @justarius your puppies in your profile pic!!! :love:

I’m CD12. Looking like I’ll ovulate on on Monday (which was my EDD) and this is the last cycle before they’ll do testing, so no pressure. I’m definitely not the kind of person who thinks that everything happens for a reason (unless that reason is a fatal trisomy or similar) buuuuut this whole process is making me want to see signs or make sense of everything on a deeper level or whatever. Ughhh...so I am unsettled and...crabby. 
  • Options
    @mwmiller4 aw thanks! So thankful we have them, in world where we wonder every day if we’ll ever have children it’s nice to have a cute fuzzy face to cuddle and love haha 
    Sorry for the EDD, I’m coming up on mine in a month and I’m already getting anxiety about it :( 

Super confused by my opks & ferning tests...CD10 & 11 showed they were both on the rise and then suddenly yesterday nothing, both went downhill fast. I’m worried I was gearing up to ovulate and then body just went nah not this month...CD 13 today...
  • Options
    @justarius sorry for the confusion.  My body did that last cycle.  It geared up then nothing but a few days later I did O.  So keep testing, hopefully it just decided to O later.  

@justarius and @mwmiller4 sorry about the upcoming EDD.  They are hard.  I found I worked myself up a lot leading up to mine.   I planned something intentionally on the day of and that helped.  I found it was harder up to the day and then I was ok.  Hopefully you can distract yourself
  • Options
    @Mack2342 thanks for the advice! It’s just so nice hearing that someone else has the same experiences/going through the same thing - helps me keep my sanity!
  • Options
    @justarius and @Mack2342 thanks and I’m sorry you’re coming up/passed EDDs, too. FX that your body gets it together and ovulates @justarius

I have Monday off work and am meeting friends for a workout class which I’m really looking forward to. My monitor went to peak this morning which is odd for me—I always have at least 2 high days and then peak but I guess not this cycle. 
  • Options
    @mwmiller4 remind me again what kind of monitor you’re using?
  • Options
    @justarius and @Mack2342 I’m sorry about the upcoming EDDs. I’m scared for when mine shows up. I had a difficult day when what would have been 20 weeks for me came up because I couldn’t stop thinking about all the milestones I was missing, and I’m sure the EDD will be harder.
  • Options
    @justarius it’s the clear blue easy fertility monitor. It was pricey and so are the test sticks BUT I could never catch positives with OPKs and I’m a mouth breather so temping didn’t work well for me either. I’ve gotten pregnant multiple times with it and it got passed around a friend group and helped conceive 4 babies after I had DD. 
  • Options
    @mwmiller4 i’ll have to look into that!
  • Options
    Here after experiencing a loss in early August. It feels like forever ago. I'll be using an OPK to time it, wondering if anyone has any old wives tales/superstitions? I know they're silly sometimes but they make me smile. I'm not taking any chances and will be propping my hips on a pillow and resting my legs on the wall after we do the deed! :)
  • Options
    @scp2585 sorry for your loss and that you find yourself here.  Glad I’m not the only one holding my legs up in the air after the deed lol.  The month I started doing that ****TW**** I got pregnant with my son.   I’ve been pregnant 3 times after him unfortunately they all ended in loss.  We also only have sex missionary style when baby making.  I find that any other position all the goods seem to run out lol.  GL to you
  • Options
    Well I got my positive opk this afternoon. Thank you body for figuring it out! The spit ovulation detector seemed not to work for me - just in case anyone was curious, I don’t recommend it. BD two days ago, this am and hopefully tomorrow so seems like good timing anyway...off to TWW for me now...good luck to everyone still wto! 
  • Options
    Not sure if I belong in the WTO thread or where I should fit (please someone let me know). I'm still waiting for my first AF post MC that finished on Oct 1. I feel like I'm stuck in this limbo of neither here nor there. HCG came back today as being 93 still so not sure if even that is normal. 
  • Options
    @cikcikpolicnik it took me a long time to ovulate after our loss in August. Everyone is different but it took about 6 weeks for me to get that first AF and then I started tracking again and my OPK is right on target with my pre-MC cycles. Keep an eye on your HCG, as it comes down your body will probably regulate your cycle. Good luck to you!
  • Options
    Not sure if I belong in the WTO thread or where I should fit (please someone let me know). I'm still waiting for my first AF post MC that finished on Oct 1. I feel like I'm stuck in this limbo of neither here nor there. HCG came back today as being 93 still so not sure if even that is normal. 
    that all sounds normal to me @cikcikpolicnik.  I noticed that HCG drops fast at first and then once it's in the double digits it slows way down.  Mine took 2 weeks to go from 45 to 7.  With my last loss I got a +OPK at 7 weeks post loss but no AF until 13 weeks after so the range of what's normal can have huge variation.  The waiting game really sucks.  
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Options
    @cikcikpolicnik With both of my MMC's, my first cycle post loss is annovulatory. So even though I had a short period after about 5-6 weeks, I still had another 5ish weeks before I was back in the game. The waiting game sucks and is so frustrating. 
  • Options
    Gah!!! BD Sunday night, +opk Monday and BD, Tuesday YI symptoms nooooooo! Still more ewcm though today. ....do I even? ? Ugh the burn, the itch. ...last month I caught cold during O, now this. Somebody wake me from this itchy night mare! :sweat:

• Options
    *lurking* so sorry @rowedking6 ! I had a YI Right after my MMC as if it wasn’t punishment enough! Hang in there! Get the cooling wipes they help! 
  • Options
    @c1kc1kpol1cn1k in April after my MC, by betas went from More than 84,000 to double digits in 2 weeks. Then took another 6 weeks to get down to 0. It was awful. The only thing that kept me sane was that we couldn't TTC in that time anyway, because of a prebooked trip to Europe, and I wasn't willing to suffer through another MC while on the trip. But the weekly blood tests were a constant reminder. Though I was thinking about it 100% of the time anyway. And I was annoyed with my OB for making me go till it was 0. The last 3 weeks were 4, 1, 0.
    After my first MC, I stopped at 3 becuase they told me anything under 5 was negligable. 

So yes. As others have said, It can take a long time from double digits to 0. The limbo sucks. Hang in there!
  • Options
    Hi all..  I have a question and I’m not sure where to post it. I’m having intense cramps AFTER my period. Periods have been super light post m/c (really, they were light before too) but this one was even lighter but combined w the worst, most painful PMS, hot flashes, cramps ... and now post AF cramps and back pain also. I got a bfn the day before my period.  Could this just be my body still regulating post mmc? This was cycle 4 after. Or I’m wondering if I could have endo  or something or it’s a weird wonky cycle and nothing to worry about. 
  • Options
    @obsessedwithoranges How soon after your period are you having cramps?  Is it possible that it’s ovulation pain?
    Me: 31 DH: 31
      <3 DS born 6/2017, became a heart angel 8/2018 <3
    CP 3/2019
  • Options
    @SpongeWorthy I don’t think so. It’s the day after my period, and I usually don’t ovulate till CD19. They’ve been going on all day and now I have sore nipples too. WTF body! 
  • Options
    CD1 for me after finally having a fairly normal 26 day cycle.  Slightly disappointed at seeing AF this morning, but also feeling a renewed urge to try again in a few weeks.  These last few months have been tough getting AF.  Every time it reminds me of my losses and that I’m still not pregnant.  I finally broke down and explained this to my DH who Just thought I was moody due to having my period.  I’m not sure he totally understands my feelings completely, but it took a lot of the sadness away.  

Plan to try OPK this month. Temping won’t work for me because I work in an ER and my shifts are all over the place.  
  • Options
    @obsessedwithoranges Ugh that is so frustrating and strange.
    CP 3/2019
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    @denma2015 I feel ya with the shift work. We do 12 hr 2 days 2 nights, so temping is pretty much pointless for me. I borrowed my friends femometer, which seems way more accurate than the other thermometers I have, but still. The wonky sleep pattern screws it up. When I temp after I wake up post  night shift, it seems it aways higher than it would have been if I was waking in the morning. And the app keeps yelling at me to be more consistent haha.

I guess I'm back here now.
    This one is a bit rough for me, because next expected O will be on my due date. Having a tough time with that. Both DH and I got it off work which is good. I'm kinda
    Considering booking us for a mid week mini vacation at a local hotel. Spend some quality time with each other, relax, and get in as much time DTD as possible 😂. Worked last time...maybe we will get lucky. I'm really feeling like I'm broken lately.
  • Options
    @SpongeWorthy I’m thinking maybe it was a cyst! This TTCAL is just a never ending adventure of issues! 

@chillycanadian book the mini vacation. My due date is next month too and it’s going to be really tough. But self care helps. 
  • Options
    CD1... I go here now. It was weird because in previous cycles I had no PMS symptoms, and now I did, but confused them with pregnancy symptoms... weird how a loss screws up the body. Now I don't feel like I know it anymore.
  • Options
    @chillycanadian So sorry for CD1 with your due date looming.  A mini vacation is a great idea!  DH and I booked a trip for Christmas because I want to be as far away from the house as possible.  Hugs to you.

@obsessedwithoranges A cyst would explain it.  Do you have a history of cysts or anything?

@luromi Sorry for CD1 :( It’s tough when your body plays tricks on you and gets your hopes up.
    CP 3/2019
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I think I will book it! You're right, self care is iimportant. I've been bad with that

@luromi so true. It really messes with your body. I'm 6 months out and Everything is still super messed up
  • Options
    @SpongeWorthy yup, I’ve gotten them before, but on birth control so I wasn’t paying attention to my cycle. 

@luromi I hear ya! Every cycle since loss has been diff for me. Sometimes PMS, sometimes nothing.  Sometimes weird shooting pains in my legs which I got during my preg - but didn’t mean anything this time. I think the lesson is I need to stop SS every month haha! 
  • Options
    CD2...but very excited about this! It's my first AF since my MMC in September.