February 2019 Moms
Options

October Appointments

What appointments do you have coming up?

Any updates? 

R/R/Q?

Re: October Appointments

• Options
    Regular check up Oct 11 - we see a doctor in the practice we haven't met yet. I'm trying to cycle between everyone so we've at least met whoever delivers this baby. We need to set up the repeat A/S, but I just haven't called to do that yet. Maybe I'll just wait until the 11th and then ask about it. Ughhh
  • Options
    Regular sono on the 11th.  Then fetal echo and OB check up on the 16th.  I feel like I’m at the doctor every two weeks lol
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Regular OB appointment in two weeks, but I don't know if it's that one or the following one that is the glucose test and iron testing... Things to look forward to!
  • Options
    sjnsjnsjnsjnsjnsjn member
    edited October 2018
    I don't have an OB appt until 10/25 and that's going to be the GD drink the koolaid test or whatever. Unfortunately, I also have extra appts with my primary during my pregnancy to manage my hypothyroidism, because it gets worse during pregnancy and needs ever increasing meds, so I've got labs for that at the end of this week. I hate those because I have veins no one can find and I rarely get away from a blood draw without multiple stabs and an enormous bruise the next day. Oh well.
  • Options
    Regular appointment on Oct 12. Probably schedule my glucose test for the same time as the next appointment after that. I do a 1 hour to determine if I need the 3 hour. Passed an early 1 hour screen at 10 weeks because I had GD with my last pregnancy. Hopefully I'll pass it again!
  • Options
    Regular OB appointment on Oct 12th and will probably schedule the glucose test for sometime near the end of the month. 
  • Options
    etnyahetnyah member
    edited October 2018
    AS on Friday! Super excited/nervous. I also have a regular appt 10.18, but that’s not as exciting. Haven’t heard anything about the glucose test, but I’m sure my OB will mention it at my regular appt.
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    This should be a low-key month (knock on wood). Just a regular OB check on the 9th.
  • Options
    Just my regular appointment October 12 and then my labs and GD screening two weeks later so that may fall at the end of October. Then it will be every 2 weeks 😳
  • Options
    U/s on Thurs with the MFM to check on the PP.  MW appt on the 19th.. I think the MW will order the GD and bloodwork to happen following my visit on the 19th.
  • Options
    okayestmom12okayestmom12 member
    edited October 2018
    3 appts this month! 

Monthly appt (19w) this Friday
    Anatomy Scan on 10/11 (I think I’m the last one here to have theirs!) 
    Monthly appt (23w) on 10/30 

No real rants/ raves. Ready to hear this guy’s HB this week and see baby for a bit during the Anatomy Scan next week. 

Also. I can not believe that this pregnancy will be half over next week. I guess it helps that I forget I’m pregnant most of the time. Such is life with two older kids to manage! 
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I'm 21 weeks today and I'm starting to get worried about the fact that I don't have my AS scheduled yet. I dropped the ball on scheduling it and didn't call to set it up until last week... and now I can't get the office to call me back. If I have my AS in my 22nd or 23rd week is that going to cause problems? I assume they'll just be able to get a better picture of the baby, right?
  • Options
    @jessier19- I got the impression from my OB that they like it earlier in case there's something flagged that needs additional testing, so there's time for it before you're third trimester.  Maybe someone in the medical field here will know for sure?  I hope they call you back soon!
  • Options
    @jessier19 the first place I scheduled my AS at was 6 weeks out in scheduling which would have put me at 24 weeks. I called my OB and she said that since this was a low risk pregnancy she was fine with waiting that long. So if you do end up that far out maybe just verify with your dr it is ok? 

FWIW, I did not want to wait that long so I found another place that could get me in sooner. 
  • Options
    Thank you @sjnsjnsjn and @allthingsgo, that’s helpful!
  • Options
    I have normal midwife appointment on the 25th. Waiting to have my AS booked. Called the lab, and they said they’d call me back that afternoon.... last Wednesday. Will call again tomorrow since I’m already 20+2 and they are probably booking a few weeks out. 

Besides that, made some massage and chiropractor appointments and might add in physio as well. They’re covered on my benefits and I’m already so achy that its waking me up at night. Time to see if that helps, I think. 
  • Options
    Had a normal appointment today (18w4d). Hoping to schedule the anatomy scan for 10/15. Another appointment in three weeks. 

We scheduled my glucose test in November today. I’m really grateful that they will let me take the drink home so I can drink it in the morning and then go in after an hour. 10 hours of fasting. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I have another Anatomy Scan on the 15th, my first scan was on the 23rd of September but they wanted me to come back after 3 weeks as baby was being uncooperative bit bummed it was all the way in October but ah well, I also have a standard monthly appt with my doctor on the 25th of October and 2 Pelvic Floor Physio Appointments in October, a bunch of appts all coming together!  I went and saw a physio this week and it's made me feel alot more confident in my physical well being before baby comes, I am hoping to keep myself as strong as possible for all of this!  Also booked a massage for this Thursday as the hubs is terrible at back massage lol
  • Options
    Re-called the ultrasound lab this morning and they were good at getting me in for AS before I hit 22 weeks. Going in on the 11th -anxious and excited for that ! 
  • Options
    Do you have to have your AS before 22 weeks? Just curious as i'll be 24 weeks when i go back for my second AS - I was 21 for the first go at it. just concerned now. 
  • Options
    @bhou nah I wouldn't worry. I think it's just harder to get some measurements as they get more cramped in there, but a second anatomy scan is nbd. We haven't even scheduled our follow up anatomy scan yet and I'm 21 weeks now. Did they tell you what images they need to get the second time around? 
  • Options
    second AS scan is usually just to get better images of something they couldn't get the first time around.  I'm going specifically for a fetal echo to get better images of the chambers of the heart.  Same thing happened with my DS...I'm wondering if they really just want to charge my insurance since OB didn't think it was a big deal lol
  • Options
    @BourbonBiscuits
    no they didn't say what they needed to get, which is why i'm all in a fuffle about it! lol. I just worry too much. 
  • Options
    @danixbanani24
    Thanks, they didn't say specifically so I suppose the waiting game will ensue. I couldn't imagine having to fight with insurance for these costs. I am in Canada so things are covered under our provincial insurance plans. 
  • Options
    ChloandCocoChloandCoco member
    edited October 2018
    Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canadian ladies! 

This Friday, I have a regular checkup with my OB, should be pretty uneventful.  
  • Options
    Had the fetal echo today and everything looked good.  Also had my OB checkup - LO is 2lbs already and measurements are showing 26 weeks along rather than my actual 25 weeks...I’ve had a lingering feeling that this one is coming earlier 
  • Options
    Had my 24 week today and measuring 3 weeks ahead!!!? Anyone else had that happen? Did anything come out of it? Of course I’m worried but have an US this afternoon to take additional measurements. Crazy that at 20weeks I was right on par and now so far ahead. Thoughts or insights from anyone who isn’t a FTM or that also measures ahead ? Thanks ladies !
  • Options
    danixbanani24danixbanani24 member
    edited October 2018
    @babystrong2719 holy cow three weeks ahead at this point in the game? That’s Pretty wild!  What did your OB say?  I measured three weeks ahead early in the first tri but that’s because my dates were wrong.  Measuring that far ahead now is interesting indeed.   Have you had the glucose test yet? Or perhaps you might just be having a big baby? 
  • Options
    Yesterday was my 24 week appointment, and all looked good!  It also resulted in getting the script for the GD test, two blood tests, and a pump.
  • Options
    @babystrong2719 what measurements was the three weeks ahead based off of?
  • Options
    @danixbanani24 @thechickendance right!?? As of now it was of the top to bottom measurement of my belly. But, I’m all belly!! I do think they’re a week off bc of my LMP and they had me behind a few days because I said i didn’t know it.. to get an US at 8 weeks. I have my US at 330 to figure out the “real” measurements. The OB said not to worry (yeah okay) and that he could be just stretched out or be a big baby! My husband was small and so was I (twin here) so big babies don’t run big with us. I just can’t beleice so much has changed since 20 week AS... or at least they think. Hopefully it’s nothing! 
  • Options
    @babystrong2719 so much is hard to REALLY tell even with all this crazy technology we have lol.  I'm sure it'll be okay and, hey, if anything the baby may come sooner rather than later! :) 

• Options
    Ohhhh @babystrong2719 it was a fundal measurement? I wouldn't take much stock in that. Baby could have had its butt sticking out or could have been in a weird position - if the actual measurements (like skull circumference or femur length) are that far off they might adjust your due date. 
  • Options
    @babystrong2719- I agree with @BourbonBiscuits that I would not place much in the belly measurement. The US should be more accurate!
  • Options
    Third Anatomy Ultrasound scheduled for next week.  :| baby is not cooperating. 
  • Options
    @babystrong2719 If it was a measurement from your belly, I wouldn’t worry too much. With my last pregnancy, I consistently measured 2 weeks behind and went for a growth ultrasound to see if everything was ok. Turns out the baby actually measured a week ahead! It really depends on body type and how the baby is positioned in the uterus.