Success after IF
Options

Bad eggs and PGD (newbie) TW

Hi Everyone,
Let me start by saying this post may be a TW for some. 

I'm new to posting but a long time reader of these boards. I am currently pregnant but will probably experience my 3rd miscarriage in a year and a half and my 4th total.

A quick background. I had my first MC 9 years ago. Hubby and I decided to wait and enjoy our 20s before trying again. Fast forward to April 2017 when I found out I was pregnant. At 20 weeks, we found out our daughter had Trisomy 18, and 2 weeks later I MC'd. In March 2018, I found out I was pregnant again, twins, and MC'd at 8 weeks. Started seeing a RE who ran all sorts of tests. Came back that I have MTHFR, PCOS and Endometriosis (I already knew about the Endo after being diagnosed in 2012). No chromosomal translocation for hubby or myself. Doc warned that I may have bad eggs, as T18 is not common when you're 29. He felt we should do IVF with PGD.  My husband and I declined and instead decided to try clomid. 2 weeks ago I found out I was pregnant for the 4th time. My beta HCG has been terrible, not doubling, barely moving. I've been taking progestorone, baby asprin, lovenox injections, prenatals and additional folic acid. Dr. said to prepare myself as this pregnancy will not be viable either. He once again stated I have bad eggs and suggested IVF with PGD if I want to try again. 

My question is, has anyone ever had anything similar, done IVF with PGD and had good embryos? IVF with PGD is very expensive and I'm petrified to spend all the money to have every embryo come back abnormal. I'm not asking if anyone has had a successful pregnancy, just if anyone has had success with PGD testing after being told they have bad eggs. 

Re: Bad eggs and PGD (newbie) TW

• Options
    I know this is not completely the same, but I was told I had bad eggs one cycle and then my next cycle they looked much better. I cut out all caffeine and alcohol and started taking CoQ10 for 90 days before. I did have an occasional glass of red wine in that time but never more than one. It could have been a total coincidence. My testing gave me one normal egg the first cycle and 4 the second cycle. Both cycles I started with over 20 eggs. I was unsuccessful my first cycle and just miscarried a “normal” embryo. I may have other issues they haven’t found yet, but it’s not a guarantee. I hope you find your answers and have success.