Where is everyone from? Any Bump neighbors? - Page 4 — The Bump
May 2019 Moms

Where is everyone from? Any Bump neighbors?

Re: Where is everyone from? Any Bump neighbors?

• @knottie3a31bf1a07d6d29f ; I used to live in Kapolei! I would much rather be there right now than in Ohio!
    kbeers13Tinkerbell413GeorgiaGirl1230
  • Hi all!! I’m in the Jupiter, FL area!
  • @mommymd623 I just moved from Port St Lucie!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Ohio currently but wishing I was anywhere else. 
    Where in Ohio? We just moved here last month.
    Originally from the Toledo area but now I’m down near the WV border. 
    Daisypath - z1at
    Baby 1 - November 2009
    *loss* - March 2010
    Baby 2 - January 2011
    Baby 3 - June 2015
    Baby 4 - April 2017
    Baby 5 - May 2019

• @marshmallowmadness do you know where Barnesville is?  I have family there. 

• @imrachellea i went to high school east of Cincinnati in Anderson Twp. 

• @imrachellea I used to live in Port St. Lucie too!

• New to SW Florida 
  • @beccaneu no way! When did you live there? Maybe I shouldn't be too surprised since its growing so fast
  • @imrachellea 2011 & 2012.  It’s where I met my husband so lot’s of good memories there  :)

• @zuuls_mom I get it. I’m definitely the only one from Montana here...you might be my closest Bumpie! 😂 I do get down to CO once a year though as my bestie lives in Denver and I have relatives in Durango.
    zuuls_mom
  • zuuls_mom said:
    I'm getting so sad there aren't any CO ladies yet!  :'(
    I think you’re the closest to me. Just a mere 8 hour drive. Haha yay for Utah. 
    zuuls_mom
  • Any other NYC mamas?
    Me! Brooklyn, NY and work in the city. Hi neighbor!

Oh, and talk about tiger moms @wishiwaspreggo...just come to one of the local playgrounds by me and prep your eye-roll. My son is 4, just started pre-K and is only interested in playing, which I think is totally age and developmentally appropriate. I cringe when I hear parents talking about educational "drills" and workbooks that their kids do! My kid has zero interest in holding a pencil, let alone sitting in front of a BORING workbook or even writing his name. I have to walk away to avoid feeling judged for not "tiger momming" my kid.
    Me: 36 DH: 43
    Married: Oct 2012
    DS1 born 9-22-14
    DS2 born 6-9-17
    TTC #3 Aug 2018
    BFP#3 Sept 2018, MMC @ 13 weeks, D&E 11/29/18
    BFP#4 Apr 2019, EDD 1-5-20
    wishiwaspreggo
  • From New Hampshire, but living just south of Seattle, Washington. 
    MelissaMay82
  • I live in Austin, TX now. Any other ATX May moms out there?
  • @marshmallowmadness do you know where Barnesville is?  I have family there. 
    No I don't! Sorry
    Daisypath - z1at
    Baby 1 - November 2009
    *loss* - March 2010
    Baby 2 - January 2011
    Baby 3 - June 2015
    Baby 4 - April 2017
    Baby 5 - May 2019

• knarlytaurusknarlytaurus
    500 Comments Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited September 2018
    @merrylea I love Madison! I was just there when I was having my first pregnancy symptoms (but didn't realize it)! 
    merrylea
  • @msb615 I'm in Georgia too! Suburb of ATL.
    purplejoymommyGeorgiaGirl1230
  • @gabadoo And @wishiwaspreggo I’ve been lurking on your convo. Just to put this out there, studies show that kids before the age of 7 should be actively playing to learn vs. working in workbooks, etc. Look to Finland for the positive views on playing as learning and see their outcomes to growth, success, math, and reading scores vs. our own where we encourage seat time and workbooks as early as age 3. 

I also live in a highly academic town where everyone and their dog has an opinion about how I am raising my son and how I encourage him to build confidence and independence on his own instead of bulldozing challenges in his path.
    blessedinmtgabadoowishiwaspreggo
  • I’m smack dab between Phoenix and Tucson here in Arizona.  So thankful I’m not gonna be pregnant this time during the 120° summer months. 
    mrskoz428
  • @MaggieG183, thank you for validating what I instinctively have been thinking as far as what constitutes "learning". I also have read that about Finland and other Scandinavian countries and have tried to mostly let my older one express his own interests (and follow his lead). Sometimes it's hard when you're around others who are so opinionated...truthfully, I think my kid is a great human being and that's AWESOME in my book! Not if he can add/subtract by age 3. Also, I don't have too much time to dwell on what others' think...not with a third baby on the way, at least!
    Me: 36 DH: 43
    Married: Oct 2012
    DS1 born 9-22-14
    DS2 born 6-9-17
    TTC #3 Aug 2018
    BFP#3 Sept 2018, MMC @ 13 weeks, D&E 11/29/18
    BFP#4 Apr 2019, EDD 1-5-20
    wishiwaspreggoMaggieG183
  • edited October 2018
    @kvh22 @poshspice @jkduer @Jazibel I'm in Santa Cruz. Hi ladies! 

kvh22mamajojo1981poshspicejkduer
  • Los Angeles here! Echo park specifically - right near dodger stadium! 
    mamajojo1981notsoblissylissy
  • bluesky24 said:
    @kateandsiah I’m in Maryland too! Montgomery County 😊
    @kateandsiah

Baltimore,MD here ladies! :smile:

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• @gabadoo and @MaggieG183 - Yes, that's exactly the philosophy I follow, too. My son is 3.5 and I haven't started him in preschool yet and people are scandalized. I think he's too immature and just not ready yet. We do a LOT of educational things with him. We have memberships to museums and the zoo, and we take him to parks and on hikes frequently. I talk to him and play with him constantly. I try to get him out and socializing with other kids as often as time allows (and pending availability of families at the park). He goes to the library a few times a month. I read to him. He's doing great and knows his alphabet (upper and lower case), shapes, numbers, and can count to 50. All from just chattering at him and reading books. Kids are sponges and pick up stuff without having to sit them at a table with worksheets. I am working hard to find a school system that adopts my philosophy. I want him to have plenty of recess and active learning opportunities. Kids need to get that stink out of them if they're expected to focus.
    IUI 08/2013 - natural cycle, BFN
    IUI 10/2013 - Clomid cycle, BFN
    IUI 11/2013 - Clomid cycle, BFN
    IUI 03/2014 - Clomid cycle, BFN
    IUI 05/2014 - Femara + FSH, BFN
    IUI 06/2014 - FSH, BFP! DS born 02/2015

TTC #2
    W IUI 08/2017 - Femara, BFN
    W IUI 10/2017 - Femara, BFN
    W diagnosed as low AMH
    Me: PCOS
    Myo-Inositol, NAC, prenatals
    IUI 03/2018 - Gonal F - BFN

INVOcell IVF September 2018 - BFP!!! EDD June 1st 2019
    blessedinmtMaggieG183gabadoo
  • @adventurebirth ahh we're so close! I'm in Los Gatos (in an apartment so don't judge ;) we can't afford a house here)
    jkduer
  • North Alabama here!!
  • @fuscok88 @eatinwatermelonseeds Also a Seattlite here!! I love 30 minutes north!
  • @guitarra1614 @fuscok88 @eatinwatermelonseeds I may be a lowly Portlander, but please include me because you're all I've got! Think PNW, guys!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    blessedinmt
  • @misskimsue of course!! not too many PNWers here.

@guitarra1614 My fiances family is from just north of Seattle. Everett/Arlington area.
    misskimsue
  • @guitarra1614 @fuscok88 @eatinwatermelonseeds I'll be in Port Orchard for Xmas to see my sis :smiley:
  • Chandler, AZ
    Sketner610
  • @kbeers13 I live in Bremerton, like 10 minutes from Port Orchard.
    kbeers13
  • @fuscok88 I can't wait to tell her in November so she'll know before I get there lol 
    fuscok88
  • I'm down in Olympia, so about an hour from Seattle. My husband was stationed here in the military and we just got stuck after he got out. 
    fuscok88