April 2019 Moms
Options

Morning sickness article

I just read the article on the bump that says if you have morning sickness you are more likely to have a healthy baby and pregnancy. I'm not experiencing much sickness at all and now I'm worried. Anyone else not very 'sick'?

Re: Morning sickness article

• Options
    I had morning sickness with all four of my pregnancies, two of which I lost. So, I call BS as well.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a happy healthy 2 year old and had almost zero symtoms throughout my pregnancy. Take articles you read about being pregnant with a grain of salt. It will make you crazy
    Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• Options
    What a load of crap. I have a healthy child and felt great through my first pregnancy. I feel like crap now. 
  • Options
    I've heard/read this, and I do think it's considered by the medical community to be true, but in the sense that women who experience morning sickness are likely to have a healthy pregnancy (and I think this is mainly because it is often, but not always, a symptom of rising hormone levels that are an actual sign of a healthy pregnancy).  It does NOT mean that women who do not experience morning sickness are unlikely to have a healthy pregnancy.

Personally I think you are lucky not to feel terrible!  I totally understand that it's stressful to feel normal, but trust me, regardless of any scientific evidence to the contrary, I find it's not so easy to think positive when you feel super sick all of the time either.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I am not a fan of most of the articles I read on this app. I just thought that one was super lame. I feel bad for people who have major sickness but this app makes it sound like everyone suffers. 
  • Options
    I know everyone always freaks out when they aren’t experiencing the “normal” symptoms. I definitely did at 6 weeks and then managed to jinx myself. Just be grateful that you’re not double dragoning over here. I didn’t even know what that meant until I hit 7 weeks  :'(
  • Options
    Also think the guide to buying maternity clothes is pointless...
    Get some stretchy sh!t as you need it, who needs a guide for clothing? 
  • Options
    @harveyisaboysname, now all I wanna know is what is double dragoning? 

Cause if it means I'm giving birth to a two-headed dragon, I'm totally okay with that.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I think it means that 'things' are coming out of both ends
  • Options
    And I have felt terrible - just not daily and not so bad that I feel like dying. Just casual nausea...
  • Options
    Sorry Khalessi, I would love a two headed dragon as well. Unfortunately it means I’m shitting my pants while performing a scene from the exorcist at the same time. It’s truly beautiful. 
  • Options
    @harveyisaboysname That made me laugh.  Then gag.
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    This is just more bullshit that they say to make pregnant moms who are dying of nausea (like myself) feel better. It's not accurate. Don't let it get to you. I would kill for a pregnancy where I don't feel like dying for the first 3 months. Enjoy it. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Omg I’m crying over the double dragoning bit. I learned something today. Haha.

Yeah. Pretty much what everyone else said. I was symptom free my last time and took forever to actually feel pregnant. 

I’m definitely reminded every day now that I am pregnant. I’m not dying over here so I do find it reassuring in a way. 
  • Options
    how irresponsible for the bump to post an article like that 🙄 

i had zero symptoms for most of my first pregnancy. before my first ultrasound, and hearing the heartbeat a few times, i often doubted i was actually pregnant. i don’t think it really hit me until about 20wks when i started feeling movement. 

my my son is now a perfectly healthy, annoying 4yo. oh, and my pregnancy, labor, & delivery were 100% complication-free. 
  • Options
    This is exactly my experience and I have had the same anxiety, but as everyone else has said- don't stress out and enjoy not being super sick! I've been only having very light symptoms- until Sunday when I had a major migraine and was throwing up all evening- definitely made me so incredibly thankful that I'm not feeling like that all the time. 
  • Options
    yup calling BS too. With my son I nearly didn't have any symptoms apart from a big belly lol. Never even puked once or had any sickness..and had a health baby boy!

Don't read too much into it it'ss make you go nuts :( I've been there haha
  • Options
    Yep, B.S.  I've had morning sickness with all 6 pregnancies, 4 of which I lost.  Some people tolerate rising hormone levels better than others and each pregnancy can feel different.