Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Healthy Habits W/O 9/24

meatballs37meatballs37 member
edited September 2018 in Trying to Get Pregnant
1. What healthy habit are you working on?

2. How's it going? 

3. What’s a small win you have from last week? 

4. List any goals that you have for this week. 

5. How did your goals from last week go? (Optional) 

6. GTKY: If you could splurge on one piece of workout clothing/equipment what would it be? Photos welcome! 

Re: Healthy Habits W/O 9/24

• Options
    1. What healthy habit are you working on? Clean eating, 10k training

2. How's it going? Mostly good... eating is tough, and every once in awhile I talk myself out of my training runs.

3. What’s a small win you have from last week? I ate much healthier foods than normal, and was more mindful of my mood while eating.

4. List any goals that you have for this week. Run 3x, strength train 2x, continue with eating better foods, and continue reading and working on the Mindful Diet

5. How did your goals from last week go? (Optional) Not so great

6. GTKY: If you could splurge on one piece of workout clothing/equipment what would it be? Photos welcome! 
    I would love to be able to buy a treadmill. Let me be clear: I HATE running on the treadmill, but it would make life a whole lot easier to have that option!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @riff323 When is your 10k? My parents gave us their treadmill recently since they moved to a smaller place. I will say it has made working out a lot easier! At the end of the day, I just watch tv on my phone and get my steps in. Highly recommend! 
  • Options
    1. What healthy habit are you working on? Keeping my diet consistently clean and getting in more movement. 

2. How's it going? Decently. I've been picking a class at the gym to go to 3x per week and going. Any class I feel like. I really like this approach so far - there's no guilt!

3. What’s a small win you have from last week? I went for two walks every day with the dogs! Its still blazing hot, but more manageable. I can't wait until its truly Fall here which isn't until after Halloween. 

4. List any goals that you have for this week. Just to keep moving and eating well. Watching caffeine and alcohol intake. 

5. How did your goals from last week go? (Optional) Not bad. Could be better. 

6. GTKY: If you could splurge on one piece of workout clothing/equipment what would it be? Photos welcome! It would either be a home crossfit gym or my own rowing single. Thing is there's really no place for me to row around here. 
  • Options
    1. What healthy habit are you working on? Trying to get back to cutting out sugar. 

2. How's it going? Not well lol. Getting my meal plans and shopping lists together, so working towards it. 

3. What’s a small win you have from last week? I hit my daily step goals.

4. List any goals that you have for this week. Get outside to walk every day.

5. How did your goals from last week go? (Optional) Starting fresh, so no goals last week. 

6. GTKY: If you could splurge on one piece of workout clothing/equipment what would it be? Photos welcome! A personal trainer for sure! 
  • Options
    1. What healthy habit are you working on? Healthy eating, getting more active, almost completely cut out alcohol, trying to cut out sugar as much as possible (difficult at my office)

2. How's it going? Alright. I only drink alcohol on special occasions now and we've cut out going to bars, which also saves a lot of $$$. DH is extremely supportive of a healthier diet, so we've been cooking at home and incorporating leafy greens and other high-nutrient foods into EVERYTHING. I have a really busy schedule and regularly have meetings or work events until 7:30/8/9/10 PM (they vary), so it's hard to regularly go to the gym each and every week. I'm still trying to fit in at least 2-3 workouts a week, though.

3. What’s a small win you have from last week? I volunteer with the Junior League on the side and I've progressed a lot within the org. I did an outdoor yoga class with them last week and even though I left early due to rain, I was able to do all of the poses. I need to start doing yoga more. And I visited my sick grandma after putting it off for a month, so that made me feel better. :smile:

4. List any goals that you have for this week. Find someway to fit in some exercise when I have meetings or classes after work 3 days this week.

5. How did your goals from last week go? (Optional) I need to get better at exercising. DH isn't great about going to the gym after work, so it's really easy to slack. I also need to get better at turning down desserts and other sweets at work.

6. GTKY: If you could splurge on one piece of workout clothing/equipment what would it be? Photos welcome! I would love some better yoga pants for the gym plus a new yoga mat that the cat hasn't barfed on!

Me: 30  |  H: 28
    Married: 10/2014
    TTC #1: 6/2018
  • Options
    1. What healthy habit are you working on? Just eating better and moving more.

2. How's it going? I just decided to get on this wagon!

3. What’s a small win you have from last week?  Well I just decided to get started, but I have to say I'm mostly proud of myself for last week. We went to the beach and I usually splurge on sweets, but I just wasn't feeling them this weekend....

4. List any goals that you have for this week.  Stick to my meal plan and find 3 opportunities this week to get in a decent work out.

5. How did your goals from last week go? (Optional) Didn't have related goals last week.

6. GTKY: If you could splurge on one piece of workout clothing/equipment what would it be? Photos welcome!  Personal Trainer!
  • Options
    1. What healthy habit are you working on? Getting back into a regular running routine.

2. How's it going? Good! I did 2 miles 2x last week and 2.5 miles 1x last week. On schedule to run in a 5k in a month.

3. What’s a small win you have from last week? I ate super healthy during the work week.

4. List any goals that you have for this week. Run 3x, Barre 2-3x. 

5. How did your goals from last week go? (Optional) Good on the workout goals and healthy eating M-F,  didn't eat great over the weekend with a wedding, octoberfest, and football party #toomanyevents 

I'd put a really nice treadmill in my house.
  • Options
    @meatballs37 originally I was going to run my 10k on the 28th of October but now I'm looking at one that's on November 17th, mostly for scheduling reasons. I'm envious of your treadmill!
  • Options
    1. What healthy habit are you working on? Trying to just move more throughout the day at work by taking some brisk walks.

2. How's it going? Good! I’m feeling energized by my little ten minute walks lol

3. What’s a small win you have from last week? I started lifting again... my endo suggested that I calm it down because I was already “muscular”... and I need to lose weight with my PCOS and Hashimoto’s. But at the end of the day, lifting helps me with my stress!

4. List any goals that you have for this week. I have a family function on Saturday... and there’s never usually anything healthy. Might slip some healthy snacks in my purse.

5. How did your goals from last week go? (Optional) Good! Could be better. I was getting super nauseous towards the end of the week and it just ending up being an early AF... :s

6. GTKY: If you could splurge on one piece of workout clothing/equipment what would it be? Photos welcome! I would love to get the Better Bodies black and white camo leggings! I have the green camo and they’re the best!!!
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Options
    I just wanted to share-super proud of myself! I FINALLY got back into kickboxing last night and it felt SOOOOOO good! When I got home, DH had an amazing healthy dinner ready for me. I know I won't be able to continue kickboxing if I get pregnant (way too intense and my body isn't used to it yet), but it  felt good to get moving again!
  • Options
    @nightdreamer98 that is so wonderful! Glad you were able to get a good sweat session in and have dinner ready to boot! :)
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Options
    @kbrown2385  cutting out sugar is so hard! I cut out all refined sugar for a year. You know how they tell you that eventually your sugar cravings go away? They’re all dirty liars. Mine never went away! Have you done it before? 

You are all inspiring! 

1. What healthy habit are you working on?
    Eating more nutrient dense foods. 

2. How's it going? 
    I feel like it’s going terribly lol. Honestly though, I’m doing ok. 

3. What’s a small win you have from last week? 
    I didn’t eat the whole bag of chips! LOL ;)
    Really though my small win is that I have increased my fruit and vegetable intake this week. 

4. List any goals that you have for this week.
    Do better!  

5. How did your goals from last week go? (Optional)
    Uhhhhhh, i’d say about 50/50. 

A fancy pants elliptical machine with a tv in it!