March 2019 Moms

Week 3 Check In 9/24-9/30

meggymemeggyme member
edited September 2018 in March 2019 Moms
This check in is for ladies with due dates 3/17-3/23. Let me know if this is your first check in and I will add you.
 @treetop19 @zionsmama85 @3rdtime_charmed @gowenc @sydbom @midwestmommatobe @maserrano714@Jlavo888 @lisee923 @lindseyb918 @beachbaby0523 @meggyme @@Runninggal28 @natty101219 @emarcinek99@omama19 @babycolima12 @canadamommy @babyperogie @chermammabear @newmamaone 

Due date: 

Any appointments? Questions?:

Rants/Raves?: 

How are you feeling?: 

GTKY: What is something you could give a spontaneous 30 minute presentation on?
DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::

Re: Week 3 Check In 9/24-9/30

•  Due date: 3/17

Any appointments? Questions?: 15 week appt tomorrow, due to prenatal genetic testing this will be my first appointment with probably only heartbeat check...but honestly looking forward to it because when we got our ultrasounds the tech didnt have the sound on, so i saw the heartbeat but didn't hear it. 

Rants/Raves?: Ranting because its over for my pre-pregnancy jeans, yesterday i had to wear some stretchy jean shorts and was walking around with them unbuttoned all day bc it just wasn't happening LOL..time to shop.

How are you feeling?: *trigger loss* my grandmother passed yesterday at 83. she had been kind of sick, but i was hoping she would make it to see this baby born, but i think she knew. she had all immediate family come to her house yesterday "for a drink' and for family dinner, which we have almost monthly...and once everyone had arrived and said hi to her, she went to sleep and that was it...so it was peaceful and im glad we were together. i'm named after her (Geraldine), and we were close...so im going to miss her a lot. im just glad there was no pain and that my son got to know his great grandmother...and i will make sure my daughter knows how much of an awesome, independent spitfire she was. 

GTKY: What is something you could give a spontaneous 30 minute presentation on? Beyonce' lol or *Nsync...my two musical obsessions. maybe Boybands of the 90s-2000s in general. 
  • @zionsmama85 I’m so sorry for your loss. I’m glad you got to see her one last time though. I lost my grandma last pregnancy, and it adds a special sting even if you know it’s coming.
  • Loading the player...
  • zionsmama85zionsmama85 member
    edited September 2018
    @meggyme Thank you.  i was hoping...and i had a feeling, but i'm just glad that it was peaceful and didn't drag out. We were joking yesterday and said the lady was a control freak until the end LOL. she couldn't have planned it better. 
  • meggymemeggyme member
    edited September 2018
    Due date: 3/20

Any appointments? Questions?: Appt next Friday

Rants/Raves?: Nothing new.

How are you feeling?: Ugh... so many back, hip, leg, and feet pains. And now my skin is itching from the f-ing mold in my building. I’m skipping out of work every opportunity I can get.

GTKY: What is something you could give a spontaneous 30 minute presentation on?

The struggles of being a military spouse. It’s something I feel strongly about and feel lucky that I’ve been able to maintain a career in spite of.
  • @zionsmama85, so sorry for your loss.  Losing loved ones sucks.

Due date: March 20

Any appointments? Questions?: I got the results of my NIPT screening back today - and I'm devastated.  There is a 99% chance this baby has down syndrome.  After hearing that I did not even bother to ask what gender the baby is, because I am unsure if I will be continuing on with this pregnancy or not.  DH has stated he doesn't think he can raise a child w/ this condition, and basically stated my options are abort or adopt at this point, but that he would support me in whatever I chose.  I'm just numb right now, I'm not even excited about this baby anymore, just devastated at the choices I'm going to have to make.   I don't think I myself am equipped to handle a child with a lot of special needs - though my DS does have a speech delay, but that is entirely different than what we would be facing.

In a strange turn of events, my DS woke up this morning crying, saying 'Mommy?  Baby coming?"  and it just broke my heart.

Rants/Raves?:  Everything kind of pales in comparison after the test results.

How are you feeling?: Devastated.

GTKY: What is something you could give a spontaneous 30 minute presentation on?  anything writing-related.

• @treetop19 I’m so sorry to hear that! That is a very tough situation. And your sweet little DS doesn’t help matters. Some of those tests are known for false positives/negatives so if you haven’t already you may want to speak to a genetic counselor.

If you want to talk further, PM me. I know someone that has made the decision to abort a pregnancy due to Down Syndrome and we’ve talked at length about her decision. It is a lot to sign your family on for with additional complications very likely, and for the rest of your lives, so whatever you decide be gentle with yourself. Nothing you did caused this or could have prevented it.
  • @treetop19 my gosh, i am so sorry to hear that! I have a cousin in my family with the condition and although there are a lot of complications connected with it, She has grown up to be a complete joy, i believe she is in her 60s now.  I would definitely speak with the genetic counselors like Meggyme recommended. It is a lot to partake in, please be gentle in your thoughts. 
  • @zionsmama85 I am so sorry for your loss :(

@treetop19 I can’t to begin to imagine your emotions right now. Whatever you choose to do, I do hope that you make sure to seek some external support before and after. Definitely speak with the genetic counsellors and find yourself a counsellor just to have all your feels with. And possibly sessions for your Husband and/or together. It’s hard going through anything life changing and either choice will I’m sure be life changing. Nothing but good thoughts your way. 
  • Due date: March 18

Any appointments? Questions?: Just my in him 3D US coming up this Sat! Hoping we can find out the sex.

Rants/Raves?: Diclectin is making me feel gross. But I tried cutting back to 3 a day instead of 4 and it made me feel worse 😢 Definitely still crazy nauseated not on the pills. 

I did hear the heartbeat on my at home doppler last week and it helped with my anxiety quite a bit! Trying to use it sparingly (once every few weeks) but now that I’ve found it, I really want to try again!

How are you feeling?: Tired/Run down. The meds make me so sleepy/no energy. But not being on them makes me sick. This isn’t even my “worst” pregnancy sickness wise and I think I’m just getting too old and tired for it. 

GTKY: What is something you could give a spontaneous 30 minute presentation on? So many random things. But if I had to pick one? Probably child car seat/passenger safety or our small cheer club. Both are pretty current in my world at the moment.
  • I'm so, so sorry for both @zionsmama85 and @treetop19. Thinking of you both.

Due date: 21 March

Any appointments? Questions?: None this week.

Rants/Raves?: So, lots of bad news in this group this week. Mine is that my dad was in a serious car accident over the weekend. He managed to avoid a traumatic brain injury, which is a miracle and I am so thankful, but he's in pretty bad shape otherwise. He's still in the ICU, still waiting possible surgeries, and I'm taking emergency leave and flying home on Wednesday to be with him and the rest of my family. So hard to be far away right now.

How are you feeling?: Really just concerned about my dad. We're very close. 

GTKY: What is something you could give a spontaneous 30 minute presentation on? Health and nutrition - particularly the dangers of clean eating and overexercising.
  • @babycolima12 Man! Rough week for Week 3. I’m glad you’re able to go visit and I hope he has a quick recovery.
  • @zionsmama85 I'm sorry for your loss! She sounds like she had a full and wonderful life!

@treetop19 I can't imagine the shock and sadness with getting those results. Just to echo what others said, be gentle with yourself and take some time to grieve that information if you need it. There is a lot of information available and people to connect with who have gone through the same thing - either terminated for this reason or raised a child with Downs. I'm sure you have it in you to raise a special needs child, though it's totally life-changing and difficult. I'll be thinking of you and your family!

@babycolima12 not a good phone call/ text to get! FX for a speedy recovery and glad it wasn't worse!
  • Due date: 3/19

Any appointments? Questions?: No appointments until end of October. In the meantime, has anyone else noticed their belly getting tight when they're stressed or doing something strenuous? Maybe a better place would be the symptoms thread, but I just thought I'd check! I had Braxton Hicks starting at 20 wks with DS, but it's more vague than a contraction.

Rants/Raves?: I found out that my friend who recently had a loss at 20 wks is pregnant again! I cried from happiness. 

How are you feeling?: Headaches for the past week and stupid acetaminophen does nothing. 

GTKY: What is something you could give a spontaneous 30 minute presentation on? Minimalism and decluttering!
  • @lindseyb918 I need to get MH to attend that your presentation.
  • @meggyme I need to get MH to attend it too! :D
  • @lindseyb918 haha I need to attend it myself, my husband is the minimalist 
  • Thanks all for your kind words.  Thought I would come back and post an update - visited with a genetic counselor yesterday, and she stated that there is a 10% chance the results are a false positive.  Which.. still doesn't look too promising, but a part of me can't help but hope that I am in that 10%.   DH and I opted to do the amnio, so we can know with 100% certainty.  I will be scheduled for that sometime this week.

Though I want nothing more than for this to just 'go away', to start over and try again for a 'healthy baby', and I think termination would be the answer to that, I cannot bring myself to do it.  I've heard this baby's heartbeat and seen an early ultrasound, and I just can't.  I am also 15 weeks already and I know this baby is fully formed.  It's kind of like a nightmare I can't wake up from.

DH is still adamant that he will not raise a child with down syndrome.  I am on the fence now.  After everything that I have read since, I think I could handle a baby/child - my main fears are when that baby/child grows up, and I will be charged with caring for him the rest of my life because he may still depend on me in adulthood.  I don't know if I can see myself doing that or if I would have the strength to do it.  And yes- I said he.  I found out yesterday this baby is a boy.  Bittersweet as a boy is exactly what I hoped he would be.

If the NIPT test proves to be correct after I do the amnio, it's looking like my only real option is going to be adoption if I want to save my marriage and spare my other children a lot of pain.  It's heartbreaking because I don't know if I can give my child up for adoption and live with the 'what ifs' my entire life. 

I'm just in a really difficult spot.

• meggymemeggyme member
    edited September 2018
    @treetop19 could you and your husband go to a support group with others with this condition/in your position. I think that both of you need to find some neutral third party to talk it out with. It might help to come to terms with why he doesn’t think he can (or wants) to raise a DS child.

Also, DS or not, there’s no guarantee that our kids won’t depend on us like that forever. I know of families with children with mental illnesses, other medical issues and injuries that have led to their dependency on their parents. And DS doesn’t guarantee they will depend on you for child like care forever. I know of people with DS that hold good jobs, have gotten married...

Ultimately whatever you choose will be the right choice for you and your family.

ETA: @treetop19 I sent you a PM.
  • @treetop19 thank you for the update, you guys have been in my thoughts! I hope you continue to get more clarity on your options, and having the amino will eliminate some of the uncertainty. Hoping for good results! I agree with @meggyme that a support group or even an adoption counselor (if that's your route) are great ideas. Hugs to you!