August 2018 Moms

Anyone else have a child with health issues?

We found out that our daughter has a heart defect. At 2 weeks old she just stopped eating. I took her to the ER for dehydration where she went into cardiac arrest and had to be resuscitated.

I have PTSD from watching them do compressions on her and seeing her intubated. 

Looking to see if anyone else is having a baby with health problems. I’d love to talk more to just have someone who understands what it’s like and how to manage and not just spiral into depression. 

Hope not many are in this club of ours... 
Me: 32 DH: 34
Baby #1 - January 2010
Baby #2 - March 2017

Re: Anyone else have a child with health issues?

• Oh my goodness that must have been terrifying, I’m so very sorry for what you and your family had to go through.

i don’t have any kids with health issues but I know that there are groups for heart defect families out there, they could be a place to start for people going through the struggles that your family is going through. I think there are some on Facebook.

Do you have a counselor you can talk to about your PTSD? The hospital where your daughter was born could probably recommend one if you need.

Again, I’m so sorry. I hope the defect is something that is easily correctable, I’m sending you lots of good thoughts and strength <3
    Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
    Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @marshmallowfarts Oh, that's so scary, I'm so sorry.  I'm so glad they were able to resuscitate her.  I don't have any similar experiences, but I wanted you to know you are in my thoughts.  I agree, I hope you can find someone to talk to about your PTSD.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have an older son with health issues. Including cardiac. Feel free to PM me ♡ I don't get on here much anymore but felt like I needed to reach to you

• I do not get on here much, obviously.

I do not have a child with health issues. But 12 hours before I went in for my csection my son had a seizure and “coded” my husband ended up having to do cpr on him in our yard while waiting for the ambulance. 

It is one of the worst things to experience. Before we were discharged with our daughter I spoke with someone and got a list of counselors in the area in case I need to talk to someone.  If you want to talk feel free to PM me.