March 2019 Moms

UO - 9/20

We haven't had this for a few weeks. Anyone got a good one saved up?

Re: UO - 9/20

• @catlady2015 agreed. Most professional sports do. They’re mostly an excuse to drink.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Loading the player...
  • lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    edited September 2018
    I have a couple. 

Harry Potter is literally one of the most popular book series in the world. You are NOT geeky/nerdy/insert-other-synonym-for-unpopular-here for liking that series. Just the opposite. You are the equivalent of the football quarterback or the cheerleader. 

I don't understand the concern over having appropriate "sibset" or "matching" names. Sure, maybe don't name your first two children William Randolph III and Charlotte Elizabeth and then the next two Kanndyss Apple, and Blooe Crimson but pretty much anything other than that extreme goes just fine together. 

• @lovesclimbing at the zoo one day there was someone with a Riley, Kiley, and Wyatt. I agree that they don’t have to match, but I think how they sound together should be considered since you will most likely be yelling both names one after the other across the playground at some point.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • @lovesclimbing agree on both counts! I don't understand why all the names need to start with the same letter or have the same initials. WHY??

I also hate names that have unnecessary letters or change the spelling just to be different. 
  • @swanbrooner I totally agree! Too much icing is blah, and sub par icing is a sin!
  • @swanbrooner & @mamaoftwomonkeys agreed, I’d say most store bought frosting isn’t worth eating (Publix included).
  • My husbands cousins are Tad, Chad, and Brad... I asked him if their parents hated them. 

We we have a Wyatt :). We refuse to allow the same first initial with our kids. Our angels are Kali and Jack, so naming this kiddo has been fun... and they likely won’t have a name till they’re born.

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • mamakate1616mamakate1616 member
    edited September 2018
    My nephews are Bennett and Emmett. It’s an endless chorus of Ben-Emmett /Em-Bennett /whoever you are!  :D
    I love the name Wyatt but DH wouldn’t go for it. I think the Wyatt example was doing beginning rhymes (Ry, Ky, Wy) so it doesn’t stick out in my opinion. 
    Eta: I like names that “go together” but in a more subtle way. Like DD is Hannah and I SO wish there were more palindrome names. DS will probably be Connor since that’s what we all call baby. If we do & are blessed with a third I will probably try to find another name with the double N in the middle just to keep it going. 

On the trend of names, and possibly more pet peeve than UO, I hate when people name their kids months/days that don’t fit. For example a couple people in DH’s family wanted us to name DD June after his grandmother who had recently passed, but she was due in January! No way Jose. 
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: 2012
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
  • I like my French fries cold....like cooked than left at room temp. Or out of the fridge.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • I don't mind sibset names but parents should be mindful of how a name could affect a child. A family member named her daughter Marijana and pretty much all of the family thought that was a bad idea. Autocorrect changes it to Marijuana so I've already seen her name misspelled like that by plenty of people. Poor girl is in for a rough middle school experience to say the least. I'm just glad for the child's sake, she wasn't born on her original due date of 4/20.
  • Oh, that poor girl! I totally agree.

To be clear, I don't care if people do matching names or all the same letter or whatever. I think that's fine. What I don't understand is all the concern over it to the point people are posting on forums asking if this name and that name go together or what a good sibset name is for a younger brother of Jane, John and Joe. 
  • If you've never been to a bridal shower before 2 that were thrown for you and you don't have the slightest clue about music for your wedding ceremony or reception do you have any business getting married?? Maybe you need to grow up a little more first.

Part of that is a vent, sorry ladies. Angry pregnant woman here.