February 2019 Moms
Options

U/O Thursday 9/20

I’ll start it up this week! Let ‘em fly!

Re: U/O Thursday 9/20

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I hate open floor plans. Give me rooms with flipping doors any day of the week. 
  • Options
    I hate wreaths for houses, like the seasonal wreaths and all that. 
  • Options
    @jessier19 Completely agree. I understand wanting to be in control of everything by seeing everything at once, but I appreciate the peace and quiet you get from shutting a door way more. Plus, more walls to hang pictures and art!
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    @grebretso
    Also I can't hide clutter in an open floor plan. Doors are required!!
  • Options
    @katamca I’d rather watch female strippers than male, no shame. Channing does nothing for me either.  

Mine is I don’t like Snickers. Candy and ice cream gets ruined by nuts.
  • Options
    I am completely ok with lawns that aren't 100% grass, I happen to like violets and clovers, they aren't weeds.
  • Options
    @becks_726 on the seasonal home decor, occasionally I see pieces I like but usually I feel like it all looks cheesy too. Except Christmas. My house looks like Christmas exploded come December...
  • Options
    @becks_726 I’m completely with you on going overboard in seasonal decorating. I hate the hassle of getting stuff out and unpacked just to pack it all back up a month or so later. So most of our seasonal decor is pretty minimal (or nonexistent). Though my husband is a freak about Christmas and has slowly been sneaking in more and more stuff. 

My uo is I love miracle whip. To the point that I will just eat it on bread as a snack. I’ve loved it since I was a kid. Mmm that tangy zip!

• Options
    @grebretso lol! Exactly!!
  • Options
    @allthingsgo hahaha that statement would give my husband a stroke.
  • Options
    @grebretso That picture is the stuff of nightmares. When I or my husband take a spectacularly smelly dump, I'm glad for doors and fans. :D
  • Options
    I agree about Channing Tatum, I think he reminds me of Sloth from the Goonies for some reason. 
  • Options
    @grebretso- That reminds me of one apartment I was shown back in the day when I lived in NYC and was broke and the toilet and tub were literally part of the kitchen.  Cuz, tenement. I cannot believe that pic tries to do that and make it fancy. What the wha
  • Options
    @sjnsjnsjn that is nuts. I once went to see an apartment that had a giant, floor length, street-facing window in front of the toilet. Hard pass! Also the bathroom floor was carpeted. What is so difficult to understand about people needing privacy and cleanliness?
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    @grebretso- That is both gross and nuts!
  • Options
    @grebretso I’m gagging thinking about cleaning that carpet. My husband usually has very good aim, but sometimes he does a half-asleep-pee (or too-many-bourbons) that splashes on the floor. CAN YOU IMAGINE?
  • Options
    @BourbonBiscuits yeah, it was absolutely disgusting. Not only were there stains around the toilet, but the carpet around the bathtub was almost black from what I assume was mold. Yep, it was a full bathroom! Imagine putting a fuzzy bath mat down and NEVER EVER WASHING IT. 
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    @BourbonBiscuits omg same with mine. I don’t even want to think about how gross a carpeted bathroom could get! 

@grebretso that open floor plan bathroom is crazy! I mean how much more would it have cost to just extend those walls up and put a door in?? I can’t imagine having guests over. “And here’s the bathroom in case you need it. If you’d like a little more privacy there’s a sheet to drape over yourself.” 
  • Options
    Miracle whip has one place. The garbage. 

I also don’t like Nutella. More for the rest of you I guess?

I don’t get people’s obsession with leggings. I don’t judge people who wear them, I just don’t wear them out of the house. 

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• Options
    @grebretso I see that. I’m just more comfortable in jeans with spandex/stretch myself. 

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• Options
    I did find a pair of stretchy jeans once that I loved, but I wore them pretty much every day until they fell apart, and I haven't found another pair that fit since. I wish I could go back in time and buy several! 
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    @bleucheeznwine I'm with you on the baby clothes and it's sooooo hard to avoid. 
  • Options
    I greatly enjoy a baby pocket! 
  • Options
    Now I’m imagining my baby rocking out in the womb smoking tiny cigarettes and scribbling on my uterus with a tiny fountain pen and it is Adorable. 
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Love a baby pocket. Hate sayings or characters. Especially Mickey Mouse. Love the character, I just don’t understand why he needs to be all over my kids clothes. 

ETA: we do have a T-shirt that has curious George on it that I think is ADORABLE. Mostly because DS is obsessed with George though. So I guess I’m not 100% against characters lol. Just ... exclusively Curious George. 
  • Options
    I also love baby pockets and little animals on their bum. So cute! DD is obsessed with Daniel Tiger and Minnie Mouse so we definitely have character clothing and she gets so excited every time she gets to wear them. It’s so adorable.

I love leggings, so comfy and versatile and Nutella is so addictive I try not to keep it in the house! So I kind of love/hate it. 
  • Options
    My kids wear Disney characters at Disney and then they become daycare/play clothes. I never bought them until we started going to Disneyland. And I still hate when other people buy them for us because I’m pretty picky. 

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• Options
    Oh and I love tiny pockets  :D I’m just a huge fan of baby clothes that look like tiny real people clothes. 

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016