May 2019 Moms
Options

GTKY Wednesday! 9/19

I can't believe no one has put this up yet! 

Do you have any superstitions? 
Image result for superstitions gif
Ticker
Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: GTKY Wednesday! 9/19

• Options
    @DressageDarling Omg, yes, this. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    I won't open the door if the door bell rings or I hear a knock and can see no one is there.  It's supposed to mean its a ghost wanting in.
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• Options
    @dressagedarling yes! Ouiji boards completely freak me out. No thank you. I don't like I'm superstitious though. I just don't want to tempt fate. Definitely heard too many ghost stories as a kid😂
  • Options
    @psychobutthead Well that you for that. Now I'm going to be even less friendly when I get an unexpected knock at the door. :/
  • Options
    ruby696 said:
    @psychobutthead Well that you for that. Now I'm going to be even less friendly when I get an unexpected knock at the door. :/
    Sorry.  I grew up in a house where everyone strongly believed in ghost.  Everyone was also very crazily superstitious but the ghost ones are what stuck with me. 

• Options
    @babynurse08 it's funny you mention full moon. DD was due two days after a Super Moon (giant full moon), and we always joked that the super moon would make me go into labor. Well, it did. Shockingly L&D was very empty while we were there! 

I don't know if I really have any superstitions myself, but DH's grandpa was a huge Cubs fan, but wouldn't ever watch a Cubs game in the stadium or even live on TV. He said if he watched, the Cubs would definitely lose. So he always recorded them (on VHS of course) and then he'd watch them after the game was over. So cute! Haha, but also a little crazy. 
    Ticker

• Options
    @psychobutthead When we bought our house, we spent the first day busy moving all our stuff in. That night I realized I had no idea if I'd bought a haunted house and I freaked cause I knew we were stuck with it. Everything seems fine, but sometimes DS will tell me he lost something because "the shadow man took it." Okay... (as I slowly back out of the room and abandon my child.)
  • Options
    @ruby696 I thought the same thing when we bought our house.  We didn't see anything the first 3 years. 

But after my husband had to work at an SCI building.  Which is a huge funeral corporation. He stupidly took a picture of the room where they keep the unclaimed ashes to show me.  Since that hes seen a man walk into our sons room and disappear and I saw a little girl walk into our kitchen and disappear.

I saged the fuck out of my house after that. 

• Options
    @ruby696 I thought the same thing when we bought our house.  We didn't see anything the first 3 years. 

But after my husband had to work at an SCI building.  Which is a huge funeral corporation. He stupidly took a picture of the room where they keep the unclaimed ashes to show me.  Since that hes seen a man walk into our sons room and disappear and I saw a little girl walk into our kitchen and disappear.

I saged the fuck out of my house after that. 
    ahhhhhh wtf @psychobutthead!! That would scare the crap out of me. Did the saging help? 

Also, if you guys like ghost stories involving creepy things little kids say, I give you this reddit. 
    Ticker

• Options
    @poshspice it did!

Its funny because i believed in ghost before that my husband didnt.  He said i was crazy and that i never really haf the encounters ive said ive had before living in texas. 

Then bam he saw the dude walk in our sons room! I searched the whole house with him no one was here but the kids.  I think he was expecting me to tell him he was full of it becausr he kept insisting he saw it even though i kept saying i believe you. 

• Options
    @psychobutthead I've never seen a ghost, but I'd believe it if I saw one. I don't know what I would do if I saw a ghost walk into my kid's room. We'd have to move. I'm sure my DH wouldn't believe me. 
    Ticker

• Options
    @poshspice I’ve read those! I’m not looking forward to the day when DS say crap like that.

I’ve never been superstitious to an extreme sense, but I certainly will never pick up a tails penny or walk under ladders. I’m not going to spit in the face of fate.
  • Options
    @DressageDarling I won’t either! No thank you! 

I’m a nurse so we have a few! One that came up today...never say the “s” word! “It’s a SLOW day” Its a guarantee the day will turn to sh** immediately. Also the full moon brings all the crazies out. Also a guarantee. 
    I’m a 911 dispatcher and one thing we never say is the “Q” word (quiet). It’s funny when random people, like officers or maintenance men, walk through and comment and say it’s quiet - everyone in the room screams in agony that someone said the word. There’s no doubt we will get busy or get some crazy call sometime in the near future. 

Also agree with the full moon... the crazies really do come out. 
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    poshspice said:
    @psychobutthead I've never seen a ghost, but I'd believe it if I saw one. I don't know what I would do if I saw a ghost walk into my kid's room. We'd have to move. I'm sure my DH wouldn't believe me. 
    First time i was probably my daughters age about 11 or 12. She had a cairo cabinet.  I probably spelled that wrong. I saw a hand knocking on it coming from a hallway.  The hand was gray. All i saw was the hand knocking on it.  I screamed my head off for my sister. 

The next time i was bored with what my sister and her gf where watching so I went to take a nap in her room. So at that point I only would sleep with the light on in her house.  So I'm on her bed with my little dog and the light goes out.  I think ok someone turned it off on their way to the bathroom. 
    Next thing I know I feel the bed sink down beside me.  My dog felt it too and got up. I look over beside me on the bed.  i don't see someone but the bed became indented with the shape of someone laying there.  I got up grabbed my dog and ran the fuck out. 

3rd time was seeing the girl walk into my kitchen. I only saw the back of her walking away. I thought it was my daughter at first so I followed her and was talking and when i went to turn the corner into the kitchen she was gone,  and my daughter had been in the bathroom the whole time.

• Options
    Okay,  i can't read this thread anymore.   :s:#

• Options
    Nope. Not superstitious and I don't believe in ghosts. However, when we first moved into our house (which is an old Victorian duplex, built in approx. 1860 - so the perfect setting for a haunted house) DD1 did walk around for about a year talking about a ghost. It was blue. She never seemed afraid of it, and I'm pretty sure it just came out of an active imagination, combined with a limited vocabulary, feeding off reactions of the adults in her life.

DD1: June 2014 - VBM4lyfe
    DD2: October 2016
    DC3: coming May 2019

• Options
    I’m not superstitious but I am religious. I don’t believe in ghosts or jinxes or any of that but I do have a prayer I say every day to keep new baby safe and a prayer I say for me, DS, and H to ask angels to watch over us while we sleep, and a prayer before I start driving, etc. The one time I forgot the prayer before driving I got pulled over for a speeding ticket. So that’s more my kind of thing. 

• Options

Well, I’m completely creeped out now. I don’t do ghosts. Nope. Nope. Nope. 

I don’t consider myself superstitious. We have a black cat after all, but I will knock on wood if I don’t want to “jinx” something.

@DressageDarling Same about ouija boards, fortune tellers, and such. I feel like that’s opening yourself up to things you wouldn’t want to open yourself up to. No thank you. 🙅🏼‍♀️
  • Options
    I'm going to try and lighten it up and make it not as creepy, because I've got goose bumps right now. Everyone knows I'm a MASSIVE wuss, and this stuff freaks me out. 

My mom's family is 100% Italian and VERY superstitious- to the point of borderline crazy. Unfortunately,  some of it has rubbed off on me. Their top superstitions:
    1. You cannot put new shoes on the table. (Like if I were to walk in from shopping, and set my bag with new shoes on the table, my mom would yell at me)
    2. If a picture falls off the wall, someone you know is going to die.
    3. It's bad luck to buy a new car on a Friday, so if you do, you have to put a bag of salt tied with a red ribbon in the glove compartment. (My mom made my brother do this after he bought his new truck on ::gasp:: a Friday. He did it to just make her stop nagging him.)

On my wedding day, my mom and aunts made me wear a red ribbon under my wedding dress to keep away the "malocchio" or "evil eye", meaning anyone at my wedding that was jealous and didn't really wish me well. 

My family is different, but it's better to just pacify and go with the flow for this kind of stuff....
  • Options
    Not superstitious, but have definitely seen some ghosts! My old house was crazy haunted. We found blood spatter in the basement so my mom thinks someone was killed there. It was soooo creepy. I heard doors open when no one but me was in the house, things have fallen off shelves and once a handle on a hutch kept moving like someone was flicking it with their finger. I’m so glad we moved out of there lol.
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• Options
    This is too fun to read.  I also can't stop laughing everytime I read @psychobutthead's name lol i just cant girl

Ok ok... so for me, I wont firbid it but an open umbrella inside the house makes me anxious!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Jess4us said:
    This is too fun to read.  I also can't stop laughing everytime I read @psychobutthead's name lol i just cant girl

Ok ok... so for me, I wont firbid it but an open umbrella inside the house makes me anxious!
    My s/n tends to have that effect on people lol. 

• Options
    sleepy33sleepy33 member
    edited September 2018
    I’m superstitious for sure. Don’t pick up change off the ground if it’s face down. Throw salt over your shoulder. That kinda thing. I wouldn’t f with ouija boards, but I do read tarot. To me, tarot and fortunes are not the same as trying to communicate with dead folks. 

ETA: Tarot also isn't about 'predicting the future' really, either
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    poshspice said:
    @babynurse08 it's funny you mention full moon. DD was due two days after a Super Moon (giant full moon), and we always joked that the super moon would make me go into labor. Well, it did. Shockingly L&D was very empty while we were there! 

I don't know if I really have any superstitions myself, but DH's grandpa was a huge Cubs fan, but wouldn't ever watch a Cubs game in the stadium or even live on TV. He said if he watched, the Cubs would definitely lose. So he always recorded them (on VHS of course) and then he'd watch them after the game was over. So cute! Haha, but also a little crazy. 
    @poshspice I was an L&D nurse for 6 years...the full moon definitely puts them into labor!! Super moons were always a shift everyone wanted off!! 
  • Options
    @babynurse1114 my dream is to be a postpartum nurse 😍

• Options
    @poshspice @babynurse1114 I totally had a super moon baby! It's so funny because I had no labor signs at all and randomly at 38+4 started having contractions and had him that night. I totally believe in the power of the super moon!
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3