July 2018 Moms

How much is your 2 mo old eating?

My LO is 2 months old and the few weeks leading up to his 2 mo appointment was eating a solid 4-5 ounces of formula 6 times a day. After his appt, which was almost a week ago, and the vaccines, I'm lucky to get him to eat 3 ounces. Still 6 bottles a day. But he'll only drink the full 4 ounces maybe once or twice. He seems content enough but just curious what other 2 month olds are eating. 

Answers

• I think most of the moms here are breastfeeding so they feed until content and probably can't speak as much about ounces. I exclusively pump, so know what LO takes. DS will be 11 weeks tomorrow and usually takes 4oz of breast milk each bottle. Takes 28-32 oz a day. 
  • I did notice a decrease in interest of feeding around this time. I think it’s probably developmentally appropriate, and it’s good that he seems content. I would only worry if it seemed like he wanted to eat more but wasn’t able to. 
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • Loading the player...
  • Generally speaking, if LO is meeting all their milestones and has at least 6 wet diapers a day (opinions vary on number of dirty diapers), there isn't much need for concern. However, you can always call the peds office and talk to an nurse to discuss your specific child's needs.