February 2019 Moms

Weekly randoms 9/17-9/21

13»

Re: Weekly randoms 9/17-9/21

• People just don't stay in jobs anymore for more than a year or two max - it's how it works these days (it's a trend that's been highlighted a lot recently). I was at my last job for 4 and that was a "long time" compared to most people. 

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• That that’s true, but people in my office seem to last only for between two months to a year. One of the people leaving was here for a year and a half though, so I guess it was time! 
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Loading the player...
  • Okay, I’m not using the app when I’m not on WiFi. Stupid repeat posts.
  • That's a good point @kayjay44. My team is composed of lifers and < 3 years. And I don't think we prepare properly for that reality. 
  • I hope to stay at my current job for the remainder of my working life if I can.  :D
  • My job is boring, but I like my coworkers, pay is decent, it's very stable, and I get to do things like take 6 months off with my baby! So I'll definitely stay for a while. I wish it was a more exciting job though, but at least it's the kind of job that when you're done for the day, you don't bring work home. I'll probably want to change it up at some point though.
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • I made made my own hot wings tonight and I’m in fatty heaven. 
  • cas060cas060 member
    edited September 2018
    Dh and mil sleep in on weekends til at least 1030, 11.. i on the other hand am up at 630 or 7 with my non fail shits.  I cant go back to sleep after so i get up and have breakfast, besides baby has me starving by then anyway.

Id like to start my cleaning (includibg vacuuming) say, now @ 8am when i get my energy burst but theyre sleeping... uggghhhh!!!
  • @cass06_07 ugh sorry you had to be woken that way. That is crazy they sleep in so late! I probably wouldn’t be as considerate as you and would vacuum anyway haha. 
  • @allthingsgo.. thanks for the sympathy!!  On the upside of things i dont even need an alarm clock anymore!!  :D
  • @cass06_07 sleeping in is the best, I’m sorry you can’t do it anymore. I get up to pee every morning but I always go back to bed and sleep until 11 on weekends. Figure I won’t be able to once baby comes, so I’m taking every opportunity now!! I’m still in bed, contemplating getting up and making coffe. 10 more minutes...
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • I'm not sure thats fair @grebretso!  Well, I do still get my afternoon naps when I want them although I've been trying not to since then I don't sleep great at night.  I never did sleep in past 9ish anyway!
  • @grebretso- Yes, please, while you can!  Lounge in bed on the weekend, sleep in epically, go to the movies, read a book, brunch with friends... do it all! Siiigh