April 2019 Moms
Options

Gallbladder issues!

So I’ve had suspected gallbladder issues for years now, and last week I had pain in my side and ended up going to the hospital.  They confirmed I have “sludge” in my gallbladder and now I’m on a low fat diet to hopefully clear it out. 😩 Anybody else deal with this during pregnancy?  All I want to eat is stuff I can’t have!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Gallbladder issues!

• Options
    I had the same issue with my last pregnancy. It was a pain to change my diet but once I figured out what worked for me (no more than 10 g of fat in a meal) it was pretty easy to keep the symptoms at bay. Honestly after a few miserable episodes that fatty meal just isn’t worth it!! Also a plus I ended up with a very healthy weight gain over the whole pregnancy. Good luck finding foods that work for you!

Also for me it was completely reversible. Within a year of delivery I was back to normal. In fact I was on the Keto diet (like 80% of calories from fat) right up to this pregnancy with absolutely no symptoms!

ps Ben and Jerry’s Frozen Yogurt worked for me and was just as delicious!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Hang hang in there I knew another mama who had this during pregnancy and it can be challenging! But it’s controlable in most cases, it will definitely get easier after the first Tri when you’re more used to the new diet. You can do it!!!