April 2019 Moms
Options

Week 3 (Due 4/15-4/21) w/o 9/17

When are you due?

How were your appointments last week? Any coming up this week?

How are you feeling?

Any questions?

GTKY: What are you going to do for Halloween?

Me: 32 / DH: 33
DD born: 3/31/19

Re: Week 3 (Due 4/15-4/21) w/o 9/17

• Options
    When are you due? April 18

How were your appointments last week? Any coming up this week? No appointments yet; I will have my first ultrasound and doctor visit on Wednesday!

How are you feeling? Tired and achy. I have a headache that absolutely refuses to go away and Tylenol is not even touching it.

Any questions? Has anyone here had an IUGR baby and gone on to have a normal pregnancy after that? DD was IUGR, and I'll be sure to ask my doctor about it on Wednesday, but I don't know what the implications are (if any) for this and other pregnancies I may have.

GTKY: What are you going to do for Halloween? I have not even thought about Halloween yet. DD and I may just have fun handing out candy on our front porch.
  • Options
    When are you due? April 21

How were your appointments last week? Any coming up this week? All went well last week, more u/s photos! No appts until next week.

How are you feeling? UGH. Nausea and fatigue have combined to make me totally useless. Going to have to figure out something soon, as nothing helps.

Any questions? Not that I can think of.

GTKY: What are you going to do for Halloween? We are lame and haven't thought of anything. We have 4 trick-or-treaters every year and I buy them candy, sometimes arts and crafts, and put out some pumpkins. Usually I just make myself pie and eat it ;) 
    Me: 29 DW: 44
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    When are you due? 4/19

How were your appointments last week? Any coming up this week? 11 week apt will be end of next week!

How are you feeling? Okay. Especially since I found preggie pops. They’re great since I’ve only had mild nausea. 

Any questions? None

GTKY: What are you going to do for Halloween? My son is dressing up as an astronaut. We will trick or treat in our neighborhood and possibly in the square of our town since local businesses do something cute usually. 

@chrissdee it might depend on why your baby had IUGR last time. Mine was suspected iugr last time, but we never found out because I was induced for high blood pressure first. My doc this time doesn’t seem remotely worried about a repeat. Said that some babies are just small. Plus I think things like unblical deterioration can be one-off events. 
  • Options
    @professormama Thanks. I was induced at 38 weeks with DD. The best they could determine was that she had a "wimpy little umbilical cord" which is likely why she was so small. I'll ask my doctor about it when I go in on Wednesday, but I'm hopeful for no complications or NICU stays this time around.
  • Options
    When are you due? 4/20

How were your appointments last week? Any coming up this week? No appointments until 10/4. Everything has looked great so far.

How are you feeling? Still exhausted. I function better if I can take a nap, which my boss won't let me do (lol) but I do nap on the weekends when DD naps, so those days are ok. Most of the time, nothing sounds good for dinner but I try to eat whatever we are having. I've lost about 4-5 pounds, so I'm trying to just eat something.

Any questions? Did you know that the Dunkin Donuts cold coffee that they sell at grocery stores have 186mg (mcg?) of caffeine? I had purchased it before I looked so I ended up giving it to our daycare provider.

GTKY: What are you going to do for Halloween? Walk DD around the neighborhood. Luckily she poops out after about 30 minutes. Last year it was freezing so I'm hoping she picks out a costume that I can put warm clothes on underneath.
  • Options

When are you due? 4/15, will likely deliver early

How were your appointments last week? Any coming up this week? Appointment last week was good. Super duper long - I think all told we were there almost three hours? No appointment this week, but one next Monday for an US/NT screening and then my next is 10/9.

How are you feeling? Tired. Nauseous. Tender boobs still. 

Any questions? So so many, but I'm writing them down and gonna barrage my doc with them, ha!

GTKY: What are you going to do for Halloween? Not sure yet.  Probably ToT with my nephews and maybe do Boo at the Zoo? DS wants to be Hulk, which is gonna be a pain in terms of carrying his candy bag.  DH and I will have to come up with something.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    When are you due? 4/18

How were your appointments last week? Any coming up this week? No appointments until 10/5

How are you feeling? World's better! I really hope this keeps up, the nausea was kicking my butt. The unisom + b6 at night has been really helping.

Any questions? Anyone else having sore ab muscles? I'm assuming it's because I'm a FTM, but I've definitely not been doing any crunches! 

GTKY: What are you going to do for Halloween? We are planning on announcing online for Halloween- we got skeleton shirts, mine has a baby skeleton and his has pizza and beer lol.

• Options
    When are you due? 4/19

How were your appointments last week? Any coming up this week? My appt on 9/10 went well. Baby is measuring 5 days ahead and HB was 185. Next appt is 10/8.

How are you feeling? Tired, nauseous. Boobs are huge and sore. Having some RLP and my belly button has been hurting all day so that's weird.

Any questions? Not yet.

GTKY: What are you going to do for Halloween? DD is going as Sofia the First. I'm going as Mama Imelda from Coco and H is going as Coco.
    Me: 31 | H: 32
    Married September 2014
    TTC #1 December 2014
    RE appt 12/2015
    CD3 labs normal | HSG 1/8/16 clear | H's SA excellent
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility
    February 2016, cycle 16 - cycle #1 with Letrozole 5mg + TI | Progesterone=20.6
    BFP 2/24/16 - EDD 11/7/16
    It's a girl!
    Isla Quinn born 10/29/16 at 38w5d via C/S
    --------
    TFAS March 2018
    RE consultation 8/2/18
    Suprise! BFP 8/8/18 natural cycle | EDD 4/19/19
    It's a girl!
    Afton Noelle born 4/10/19 at 38w5d via natural VBAC
  • Options

When are you due? 4/15

How were your appointments last week? Any coming up this week? Last week I had an ultrasound and saw/heard the heartbeat. 194! I was so anxious.

How are you feeling? Tired & nauseated. 

Any questions? --

GTKY: What are you going to do for Halloween? Taking DD trick or treating & prepping to move. I looove Halloween.
    BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Options
    When are you due?
    4/15 it keeps changing. 

Baby was moving around like crazy. I have a huge blood clot in my uterus right next to baby ( had one visible at my first appointment and now I have this one too). So now all I do is obsessively check the tp after using the restroom for blood. I’m Rh- so I have to get a rhogam shot if I start bleeding.

How are you feeling?
    Horrible. I spent all last night throwing up even though I took my medication. I also spent all day today shitting my pants from eating 2lbs of grapes. I guess I deserved that.

Any questions?
    How do I brainwash my DH into loving my boy name choice? 

GTKY: What are you going to do for Halloween? Take DD trick or treating. I really want to dress up as Winnie the Pooh but not sure I’ll have much of a bump by then. 
  • Options
    When are you due? April 16

Next appointment is next week.

How are you feeling? Constant nausea, heartburn, tired. I’ve been feeling telltale twinges in my pubic bone and hip joints. I need to start doing my physical therapy exercises again.

Any questions? None right now.

GTKY: What are you going to do for Halloween? DS wants to be Peter Pan so I figured I would dress as Wendy and take him ToT. We may go to the zoo event or just around our neighborhood.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    When are you due? 4/18

How were your appointments last week? Any coming up this week? We have another viability ultrasound on Wednesday. While I’m not happy about the circumstances that led to these, I am excited about getting to see baby more this time around. My girls will come with me and get to see baby and hear the heartbeat this time. Always my firstborn’s favorite thing.

How are you feeling? I still feel surprisingly good. It feels too good to be true. My 2nd has a cold and barely slept last night so I’m tired and dreading me and my 1st catching it.

Any questions?

GTKY: What are you going to do for Halloween? Dress up the girls (doctor and leopard lol) and go trick-or-treating. We are in a new house since last year so curious if our neighborhood participates well. Our old neighborhood is around the corner so we could just go there if not.
  • Options
    When are you due? 04/15/19

How were your appointments last week? Any coming up this week? We see the midwife on Thursday evening, I'm really hoping we'll be able to hear the heartbeat on Doppler! (I haven't had any early US so it will be our first time, fingers crossed!) I TBI our appointment is an hour long so we'll have plenty of time to ask questions and get to know her better. 

How are you feeling? So tired! In addition to fatigue I've been sleeping really lightly/fitfully, and waking up for what seems like forever in the middle of the night. My nausea is mostly better, I think I'll continue taking B6, but have been tapering off the Unisom. Omg my boobs though! So tender!

Any questions? I have lots, I really need to write them down for the Midwife because pregnancy brain! :-)

@sheknow@sheknows6 I have been eyeing those same shirts! I think I'm going to order one for me at least (my husband pointed out that the one for him kind of doesn't work because he has 0 gut, he's super skinny :-) ). I think we'll go to the Halloween event at our local amusement park that we go to most years (though no rides for me!), Since we already have seasons passes. We'll also carve pumpkins and roast pumpkin seeds an hand out candy to the kiddos on the night of.
  • Options
    When are you due? April 15

How were your appointments last week? Any coming up this week? My last appt was at 8 weeks, my next one is oct 1.

How are you feeling? Better than I was! 

Any questions? Nope

GTKY: What are you going to do for Halloween? Well I know I have an appt that day, but I will also probably take my son trick or treating. :-)
  • Options
    @molecularmolly YAS I hope we get to hear the heartbeat at my appointment too, especially for my BFs sake, it's not very exciting for him right now, he's just stuck in midnight trips for watermelon and puke brigade poor guy.
    When are you due? April 15th

How were your appointments last week? Any coming up this week? Next week! 

How are you feeling? Morning sickness on a whole other level and terrible anxiety over meeting with the midwife. 

Any questions? Uh, I guess anybody have a favorite baby name book???

I've actually never celebrated Halloween in my life, I'm not much for the party scene oy.
  • Options
    When are you due?
    April 21st

No appointments until October 10th when I'm doing an early glucose test, and the next US on the 15th.

How are you feeling?
    Feeling kind of worried about the gestational diabetes risks since I've always had a high bmi (even when I've been the most fit), and the extra risk with expecting twins. My midwife said it was best to just do the test straight away. 

Any questions?
    Anyone here who has experiences with gestational diabetes?
    Also, I'm looking to get a pregnancy pillow to get more comfortable in bed - any recommendations for shapes/brands?

We don't really have any plans so far (I't not celebrated so much in Sweden), but I love dressing up, and it sounds so fun to do a costume for the baby reveal!
  • Options
    @sheknows6 Where did you order your skeleton shirts from? I'm getting intimidated by how many options, and the sizing, especially since most of them seem to be non maternity, and I hope to have a bump by Halloween ;-).
  • Options
    @molecularmolly Etsy! Mine came with a maternity shirt and a regular tee for DH, I think it was $25 with shipping 

• Options
    When are you due? April 18 - so I'm exactly 10 weeks!

How were your appointments last week? Any coming up this week?  No recent appointments - next is on Columbus Day for NT and NIPT.

How are you feeling?  Meh.  Last week, I had a stomach virus and it seemed to flip the nausea switch - food aversions were high for the last ten days or so and I could hardly stomach everything.  That's been getting better, but now the past two days I've felt RAVENOUS.  Because I've barely eaten anything, I've let myself indulge, but I'm scared to go too far!  I haven't gained any weight yet this pregnancy, but I gained 46 pounds with my daughter (and she was born a month early).  So I'm trying to find balance.  Other symptoms: so tired.  So, so tired.

Any questions?  None really.

GTKY: What are you going to do for Halloween?  It's our first Halloween in our house, and we're pretty pumped to buy some full size candy bars to hand out - I want to be THAT house, at least for one year.  It is my daughter's first Halloween, and we plan on taking her trick or treating (my husband didn't think we should because she can't eat the candy... but that's the whole point!  It'll be the best Halloween he and I get for a while!).  We think she's going to be a dinosaur, and we may or may not be Dr. Grant and Dr. Satler from Jurassic Park.

@harveyisaboysname Good luck trying to convince your husband - the girl name I'd always loved crashed and burned HARD with mine.  Is it something he's open to and doesn't love, or straight up hates?  Also, good luck with the blood clot - I've heard it's fairly common and tends to resolve with no damage done, so I hope that is the case for you and your LO!

@kaleesi93 I don't know any baby name books, but I like Behind the Name as a website.  It has a perception survey that says what other people think when they hear that name, and I always think that's interesting.

@mamma_swede Everyone says it, but I like the Snoogle.  I got mine on sale at Motherhood for like 40 percent off - worth every penny.