December 2018 Moms
Options

Bitchfiesta w/o 9/17

Re: Bitchfiesta w/o 9/17

• Options
    Mine is that my HR benefits rep will not get back to my email or call! I am trying to figure out my exacts for leave, and I need some guidance. Plus NY state may be changing their family leave policy, and I would like to know how it will affect my time. But i can't get ahold of this guy! Ugh, every time I have to interact with him, it's torture. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @morgantu That sucks! Can you cc his supervisor on the emails?
  • Options
    I'm sorry @morgantu that must be so frustrating since it's kind of important information! Can you ask your boss for any tips to get in touch?

@katy0990 I am not going anywhere for Thanksgiving either and refuse to let family make me feel guilty about it! Do what's best for you and try not to let it bother you (easier said than done, I know.) 

AFM, I did finally come down with the stomach flu my DD and husband got and HOLY COW it was the worst stomach flu I've ever had. I'm still home today recovering but last night between 6-11 I threw up NINE times. It was horrific. I was worried I'd have to go to the hospital because I couldn't keep even sips of water down, but finally around 2 I was able to drink a half glass and I've had another two glasses and two saltines this morning, so I think I'm ok. But what a frickin nightmare. Would not wish this bug on my worst enemy.
  • Options
    @maureenmce I am so sorry that you caught the bug, too. I hope you recover quickly! How are your husband and daughter doing?
  • Options
    Noooo I’m so sorry @maureenmce! Yuk! Fx you can get more food and drink in you today. <3
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Options
    @morgantu not okay! I’m sorry you are dealing with a shit HR rep..

@katy0990 I’m so sorry! It’s so hard having unsupportive and petty family. They are being absolutely ridiculous. 

@maureenmce oh no! I hope you feel better ASAP!

@temmetime that’s so irritating! I bet you’ll look amazing!
  • Options
    @katy0990 @maureenmce if he doesn't get back to me by tomorrow, I'm just going to forward all of the emails i've sent to his supervisor. 

Sorry to hear about you mom and sister @katy0990. sometimes it seems ridiculously hard for people who aren't pg to understand the toll it would take to make that trip. And the way they are handling it definitely isn't helpful.

Geesh, @maureenmce, i'm glad your family is finally on the mend but so sorry that your weekend/day was taken up by everyone feeling so yucky! 

@temmetime i'm sure you'll look awesome, plus you'll have a good excuse if you need to leave early, are less enthusiastic, etc!  

• Options
    @morgantu Sorry this guy won't get back to you. NYS is changing their family leave stuff? Good to know! I will need to do some research. Also, I literally snorted when I watched/read your comic gif! #thisisbananas!
    @katy0990 I hate when family has unreasonable expectations, and when they react that way when you don't/won't meet them. I hope they come around and stop ignoring you and give you the support you need right now! Maybe they should drive to you on Friday or something and bring lots of yummy leftovers (both to eat and to help stock your freezer!)
    @maureenmce I feel like you've had the pregnancy from Hell! I'm sorry you're sick but glad to hear your daughter is doing better. FX it clears up for everyone in your family and things get back to normal soon!
    Pregnancy TickerMe: 33, DH: 41
    Started IF Feb. 2014
    PCOS & MFI (low sperm count and motility)
    3 Femara cycles w/natural intercourse over summer 2014, BFN
    1 Clomid cycle w/natural intercourse Nov. 2014, BFN
    IUI March 2015, BFN
    IUI June 2015, BFN
    IUI Oct. 2015, BFN
    IVF Oct. 2016, fresh transfer, 2 day-3 embryos, BFN; nothing to freeze
    IVF Nov. 2017, fresh transfer, 2 day-5 blasts, BFP; ectopic; 1 blast frozen
    FET March 2018, 1 day-5 blast, BFP!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @mag1cbeli3ver from what i understand (it's not published yet, so that's another frustrating point), is that in 2019 the benefit is going to go to 10 weeks at 65% pay (from 8 weeks at 50%). My question to HR is if this happens, how will it affect me; i will be giving birth in 2018 but using the benefit in 2019....soooooooo..... But like I said, it's not even announced through the state yet, so hard to tell when/if that will happen. 
    Andplusalso i keep watching that gif cause it cracks me up lol
  • Options
    @rcultrona Omg, I'd be shutting that down SOOOO quickly. I'm okay with very close friends touching my belly for just a moment. But it can't be someone I'm not super close with and not more than 3 seconds without me inviting them if baby is kicking... I wouldn't be okay with my mom or my mother in law touching my belly in anyways unless I invited it. (And I'm super close to my mom!)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @rcultrona I shut that down quickly from the very beginning. I am not opposed to having someone touch my belly if the baby starts kicking and I ASK them if they wanted to feel it. For the record, that hasn't happened yet, but I've decided that it would be okay, because it would be at my invitation. However, when people started touching my belly at like 10 weeks I right away said that wasn't okay, so nobody has tried since. 

• Options
    @maureenmce Ugh I'm sorry you are so sick!  Stomach bugs suck all the time -- having one pregnant is just awful.  Hope you feel better tomorrow.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @katy0990 a 5 hour trip that pregnant would not be fun. I don’t blame you! Hopefully they stop being jerks about it.

@rcultrona LOL’d at the “translation device” comparison. I can’t imagine the awkwardness of having someone put their hand on there and HOLD IT for an entire conversation. No thank you  :|

AFM, I had my 1hr glucose test today. It sucked majorly. The nurse had to prick me 50 million times because she couldn’t get my vein. I’ve felt exhausted, sick, and just overall crappy all day since then. Really hoping that’s not an indication of the test results, because I definitely don’t remember feeling this way with my first.
  • Options
    @mrsm224 Good luck! Fx for good results!
  • Options
    @rcultrona yikes. I'm sorry that she's like that... that's gotta be frustrating for you.

I've been lucky enough to avoid any belly touching. MH and my midwives have been the only ones so far. 

I have absolutely no motivation or energy today. 
  • Options
    @rcultrona Ouch, I am sorry, that sounds rough. I just wouldn't tell her anything anymore...

• Options
    @rcultrona She sounds just like my mom. The expert on all things pregnancy and parenting realated. It drives me nuts!
  • Options
    @katy0990 so a five hour trip in 3rd trimester turns into a 7+ hour trip with pee breaks every hour for you, and hauling a toddler out for every one of those breaks. Sorry you are dealing with more family drama. Good for on sticking to healthy boundaries re: what works for you. 
  • Options
    @Jens_Hoes Unfortunately, my mom cannot come to me. It is a very long story, but my parents have been back in court over their ten year old divorce and she is currently been dodging being served paperwork and may have a warrant for her arrest in the county I live in because that is where the divorce was initially filed. It’s a complete $h!t show.
  • Options
    @katy0990 so sorry you're dealing with more mama drama.  I hope in time they can understand why you can't make it there for Thanksgiving.
  • Options
    lavenderlisalavenderlisa member
    edited September 2018
    @katy0990 honey do what's best for YOU. My family is cray cray but they've already been informed I'm not going anywhere for thanksgiving or Christmas. My due date is 18th so i could potentially still be pregnant Christmas day, and even if I'm not, im not traveling a week after birth. And my doc says no traveling more than a hour away after 32 weeks, SO thanksgiving is a no go. Also my closest family is 3 hours away, the rest are 7+hours away in sc. The inlaws are in nj. So no traveling for me, see ya next year lol. Some people are so selfish.
  • Options
    GOSH DARN IT TB JUST ATE MY WHOLE POST. I’m having a day. Let me see if I can move to my computer. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Options
    Good that is never easy. Good luck @lexidawg !
  • Options
    @PensiveCrayon don't you have the power to move us to FB, miss mod? Let's go lol! 

@lexidawg ick, that has to be hard. But i'm sure it's not really out of the blue- it will be better for everyone to have the conversation. good luck! 
  • Options
    @katy0990 @morgantu Thank you so much. I need to make sure I have some other things in place for when they leave so I think I need to wait another week or two.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @PensiveCrayon that sucks! Do they have a car seat at another location, maybe? Good luck tonight! Fx he sleeps!
  • Options
    So sorry about your poop day @PensiveCrayon. Hopefully things will turn in your favor. Try to ignore your inlaws. I know its never fun to feel judged by your inlaws, especially when it comes to how you parent. Also wtf car rental place, get your s*** together. Unfortunantly thats the reason my husband and I fly with our sons carseat, it's free to fly them. But its def a hassle lugging it around until it's checked.
  • Options
    @PensiveCrayon I'm so sorry about your bad luck day :(  Any chance MIL knew you secretly wanted to skim the books to understand the controversy, and didn't get them for you as a jab at your inadequate (lol!) parenting????
  • Options
    Hey @maureenmce is everyone in your house fully recovered today?  hope everything's back to normal! 
  • Options
    @PensiveCrayon ugh. That’s super terrible. I would be pissed about the seat on the airplane and the car seat. Idk about those books so I don’t understand why they’re offensive lol sending super sleepy vibes to your son