May 2019 Moms

Group 2 (EDD May 8-14) Check-in w/o 9/17

This check-in is for mommas due May 8-14~~

Due date/W+D: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Any appointments? Questions?:

Rants/Raves?: 

How are you feeling?: 

GTKY: What is your favorite way to relax? (I imagine we could all use some ideas right now.)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: Group 2 (EDD May 8-14) Check-in w/o 9/17

• Due date/W+D: 6 w

Baby is the size of a(n): kernel of corn

Any appointments? Questions?: nope. I should probably call and schedule that. 

Rants/Raves?: We had a super successful reunion weekend at work last week, so I'm still p happy about that

How are you feeling?: Tired and I want to eat all the pickles

GTKY: What is your favorite way to relax? (I imagine we could all use some ideas right now.)  Um, idk, I like to veg out and knit? This weekend, SO and I are taking a little mini break in Eureka Springs and I'm pretty jazzed about a few days with no kid or dog to take care of lol

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Due date/W+D: May 11th / 6w +2 

Baby is the size of a(n): green pea

Any appointments? Questions?: first u/s is this Thursday. Should be able to see a heartbeat since I'll be almost 7weeks  

Rants/Raves?: at the beach right now so that my rave- LOVE the beach  

How are you feeling?: tired and nauseas at times. No vomiting yet though  

GTKY: What is your favorite way to relax? (I imagine we could all use some ideas right now.) I love a long soak in the bath

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Due date/W+D: May 8th/6w5d 

Baby is the size of a(n): The post of an earring

Any appointments? Questions?: Just (not-so) patiently waiting for the 26th. 9 days!

Rants/Raves?: My MIL is here this week, so she'll be so helpful with DD and such. Just nice to have extra hands.

How are you feeling?: Just all together tired and run down. Mild nausea has begun.

GTKY: What is your favorite way to relax? (I imagine we could all use some ideas right now.) I wish I could get regular massages. They are the best. But for day-to-day relaxation, I like sinking into a big comfy chair with hot tea and my dog, and some show I love to watch over and over on Netflix. Or just peace and quiet.

PitaPata Dog tickers

• Due date/W+D: due 5/10; 6w3d today

Baby is the size of a(n): chocolate chip (yummy)

Any appointments? Questions?: First nurses appointment is 9/24. It’s 90 minutes with just a nurse. Have lots of questions about essential oils during pregnancy so hopefully they can help with that.

Rants/Raves?: Rant: anybody else annoyed they can’t nap 24/7? I take 2-3 hour naps during the weekend but can’t during the week. It makes me cranky!

How are you feeling?: Noticing some itching in my lower belly area where I had a previous surgery. Already using belly butter on the scar. I want to nap all day every day. My lower back is killing me from being on cement floors at work all day. The nausea comes and goes, but I can deal with it:

GTKY: What is your favorite way to relax? (I imagine we could all use some ideas right now.) Epson salt bubble bath or tea with a good book and a rice bag on my back.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @secicc12 oh no, that's the worst!
    Me: 33 DH: 34
    Married: Oct 2015
    TTC #1: Sept 2016
    BFP: 10/19/16 ~ blighted ovum ~ D&C 11/23/16
    BFP: 3/24/17   <3  DD1 born 12/2/17
    TTC #2: July 2018
    BFP: 8/26/18 <3  DD2 born 5/16/19

• @seccic12 Pregnancy unicorn LOL, that's amazing. And I completely agree with you and @peachy13 about the naps these days. I wake up feeling so bad...but they are inescapable. If I sit down on the couch, and DD has found something entertaining on tv, I'm out like a light.

PitaPata Dog tickers

• Due date/W+D: May 10th, 6w3d

Baby is the size of a(n): Chocolate chip,

Any appointments? Questions?: Dating ultrasound on September 26, I really wanna see a heartbeat

Rants/Raves?: Rant: my job as a waitress sucks for food aversions, clearing half eaten steaks is making me miserable and nauseous. Rave: real fruit popsicles, delish! 

How are you feeling?: So nauseaous, my throat is raw from vomiting, ew, my mouth is cut up from hard ginger candies so I can only eat soft, cold foods. Ugh. This too shall pass. 

GTKY: What is your favorite way to relax? (I imagine we could all use some ideas right now.) Tea, cuddles with hubs and pup, tv, adult colouring books. 

• Due date/W+D: May 12th 6w +1

Baby is the size of a(n): sweet pea 

Any appointments? Questions?: Had first appointment last week. Waiting on a call back from the dr on the bloodwork. Have another appointment 10/2 and hoping to schedule an ultrasound soon  

Rants/Raves?: No rants. DH says its finally sinking in so it's cute to see him so excited. 

How are you feeling?: exhausted. Super sore boobs and off and on nausea. Thankful for no vomiting yet. 

GTKY: What is your favorite way to relax? (I imagine we could all use some ideas right now. I like to lay on my bed with the windows open and snuggle the dogs and read. I've burned through several books so would love to hear if you all have read something you love. 

• @AlyshaRoseh real fruit popsicles were my daily craving with both my precious pregnancies. So yummy! 😋  

@secicc12 we're actually not leaving till tomorrow afternoon and it's been wonderful! Naps everyday, soaking in the sun, yummy food (when I'm not feeling yucky). 🏖☀️🌴

• bumbly_b said:

GTKY: What is your favorite way to relax? (I imagine we could all use some ideas right now. I like to lay on my bed with the windows open and snuggle the dogs and read. I've burned through several books so would love to hear if you all have read something you love. 

I'm addicted to epic fantasy sagas on audiobook, mostly bc more bang for my Audible buck lol

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Due date/W+D: May 12-15 (?), 5+5 to 6+1 I think. I feel like the scans will push my EDD into this group, I'm just not sure of O, so I'm hanging out here. 

Baby is the size of a(n): small chocolate chip

Any appointments? Questions?: I have a 6w scan tomorrow to confirm uterine pregnancy and check growth and I'm freaking out that we won't see what we are supposed to see. I don't have any signs of ectopic, I'm just worried baby won't look how it should for the date. 

Rants/Raves?: My symptoms have been very spotty and inconsistent and it does make me worry. I know symptoms don't have anything to do with successful pregnancies, but consistent symptoms are nice and reassuring to have. This pregnancy has been so different than DD's. It's just worrisome. 

How are you feeling?: Anxious. I felt like crap all day yesterday, and today I feel fine. I mean, I did dry heave a little before I ate breakfast, but idk if I would call that reassuring or anything. All of first tri is such a mindf^ck. I do have a home doppler, but I think it's too early to be able to find a HB on that thing. I might cave and do a HPT later today. 

GTKY: What is your favorite way to relax? (I imagine we could all use some ideas right now.) Nothing exciting. Laying on the couch eating popcorn and watching Netflix. 

Ticker

• Due date/W+D: 5/11/18, 6w2d

Any appointments? Questions?: first appointment with my new OB is in a week  I’m super anxious.

Rants/Raves?: none at the moment 

How are you feeling?: still pretty tired, my nausea is still hitting mostly at night and I have been a little weepy  

GTKY: What is your favorite way to relax?: I love to just curl up on my bed and read. That has always been my favorite way to relax. 

• @AlyshaRoseh so sorry to hear about the vomiting! Puppy snuggles are a great way to relax! And I totally forgot about coloring. It doesn’t even need to be adult coloring, any will do!

@keighty80 I’m noticing I feel horrible at night, too. The nausea is so much worse at night!

@secicc12 my first appointment is next Monday, as well! I’m hoping this week flies by, even though I want to enjoy the pregnancy, the reassurance of having an appointment would be nice as well!
  • @poshspice Good luck tomorrow! I’ll be crossing my fingers for you. Ultrasounds are exciting but also super nerve wracking. I have a home Doppler too and I’ve been wondering when I can bust out that bad boy. Probably will just freak us out right now since I assume it’s way too early to hear anything. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Due date/W+D: May 14/6w

Any appointments? Questions?: Had an appointment to confirm the pregnancy last week. Next appointment is on the 28th.

Rants/Raves?: Having some issues with TB app. The back button doesn’t work well and sometimes the board doesn’t load. Hoping for an update!

How are you feeling?: A little emotional right now.  DH has been on meds for minor surgery so he’s been sleepy and cranky for the past week, too, so the household is a bit subdued.

GTKY: What is your favorite way to relax? (I imagine we could all use some ideas right now.) Hot chocolate and a book!

• @poshspice good luck tomorrow!!! First trimester is such a mindf*! 
  • Due date/W+D: May14/6

Baby is the size of a(n): pea

Any appointments? Questions?: Sept 19th

Rants/Raves?: Realized I have every single symptom pls help! My FC is out to get me already smh * TMI * only good thing is I stay nauseated all day but dont vomit

How are you feeling?: Emotional, Fr I cried cause I knocked over my ds backpack smh

GTKY: What is your favorite way to relax (Reading it is my life saver, currently kitty norville series)

• Due date/W+D: Edd May 8th, 6 weeks 6 days

Baby is the size of a(n): Chocolate Chip!!

Any appointments? Questions?: Next Monday, the 24th. DH asked, if we could just fast forward through this week!! So sweet!

Rants/Raves?: I haven't slept a full night since getting my BFP! Why????? Last night was the most restful in a week. I took 2 magnesium pills, which help me sleep and have BM, sorry TMI. I slept from about 11:30-5:30 without waking up for once, but when I woke up at 5:30, I felt like I had just eaten a bunch of pizza, and the dough was coming back up through my throat??? I didn't even eat any bread the day before, very weird!

How are you feeling?: Tired due to limited sleep, and general fatigue, but other than that, I can't complain. 

GTKY: What is your favorite way to relax? With my pajamas on, laying on the couch, with my huge 32 oz water bottle next to me and my dog leaving me alone. 

• Due date/W+D:  May 8 (7 Weeks today)

Baby is the size of a(n): Pea

Any appointments? Questions?: A week from today I get an ultra sound

Rants/Raves?: I am super scared, I woke up yesterday with a ton of energy and I am worried that I am slowly losing my symptoms.  My boobs still hurt but not as much, I have no nausea at all and even my tiredness has taken a back seat.  I am kind of freaking out about it, didn't get any sleep last night. 

How are you feeling?: Ok boobs still hurt but not has much, I took a pregnancy test last night just to make sure I am still ok and it was positive but it gives me little relief since I know about the Blighted Ovum MC.  I need to calm down and relax. 

GTKY: What is your favorite way to relax? (I imagine we could all use some ideas right now.)

Funny you mention that I like to read, and last night I started reading at like 330 am because I could not get to sleep and it worked I fell right to sleep after like 10 minutes.  

• Due date/W+D: May 9th, 6w5d

Baby is the size of a(n): Sweet Pea

Any appointments? Questions?: I have an u/s on Friday! So excited and nervous. Fingers crossed I can see a heartbeat.

Rants/Raves?: My rant and rave are the same: I have 3 parties to go to on Saturday, excited to get out and hang out with friends but also sad that I can't veg out all day and watch TV haha

How are you feeling?: Nausea, vomiting/dry heaving/gagging, bloated, sore boobs, low back pain, super gassy. PGAL brain has been in full effect, I am feeling a little anxious, I have been having a lot of discharge and run to the bathroom very often to check for blood. And the occasional small amounts of brown spotting I have been having really freaks me out. I am trying to stay positive and just relax.

GTKY: What is your favorite way to relax? Binge watching Netflix or whatever is on my DVR or laying on the beach with a good book.

Me: 38, DH: 37
    Married: 8/10/13
    BFP- 12/18/15, D&E- 4/8/16 @ 21w5d- confirmed Thanatophoric Dysplasia
    BFP- 11/7/17, M/C- 11/18/17 @ 4w6d
    BFP- 8/25/18 ~ EDD- 5/9/19 ~ DD born 5/2/20 *Lillian Hazel*
    BFP- 10/9/20 ~ EDD- 6/21/21

• Due date/W+D: May 12th/ 6+1

Baby is the size of a(n): Not sure?

Any appointments? Questions?: Not until 10/11. OB doesn't really see us until 9-10 weeks in.

Rants/Raves?: Rants: M/s is kicking in. I bought some supplies (i.e. ginger ale and saltines) and DH keeps eating/drinking this stuff. Grrr. 

How are you feeling?:Lot of nausea. I am pretty tired as well.

GTKY: What is your favorite way to relax? (I imagine we could all use some ideas right now.) watching tv on the couch with my husband. 

DD1- Feb 2015
    DD2- EDD 5/12/2019
  • @AlyshaRoseh Appointment day buddies lol. I'll be thinking about you when I'm there too!

PitaPata Dog tickers

• Rants/Raves?: Rants: M/s is kicking in. I bought some supplies (i.e. ginger ale and saltines) and DH keeps eating/drinking this stuff. Grrr. 

This is grounds for justifiable homicide, I think

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • @poshspice Fingers crossed for your appointment! 

Due date/W+D: May 12/6+2

Baby is the size of a(n): Maine Blueberry 

Any appointments? Questions?: U/s appointment with OB-GYN tomorrow.  

Rants/Raves?: Rant. My DH got some sort of flu from my MIL during our family trip and has been coughing and sneezing with mild fever since. I waited patiently for him to get better, but he didn't even try to sleep longer or take vitamins and hadn't recovered after a whole week. Now, after DH's symptoms got worse, my DD also became feverish with the same coughing and sneezing. We took her to the pediatrician and she's recovering fast.. but, I mean, just taking care of 15 mo toddler while pregnant is enough for me to get exhausted everyday. DH being sick doesn't help at all.

How are you feeling?: Phisically I feel fine. No symptoms except being sleepy all the time. I felt just like this with my DD till mild MS suddenly started at 12w, so I'm guessing it's going to be similar with this one. Mentally, super nervous about tomorrow's appointment. At the first U/S (2 weeks ago) the sack measured small and Ob said it's 4w3d when I thought it was almost 6w based on my calculations. (**TW** I had BO at 8w in June and hence the early U/S. **End TW**) I'm just hoping to see 6w3d baby this time, which will confirm that I ovulated late.

GTKY: What is your favorite way to relax? (I imagine we could all use some ideas right now.)  I love late night talk shows but I never watch them on TV because my bedtime is waaay early. So whenever I have time, I sit on a couch or stay in bed and binge watch them on YouTube. Last time when I was pregnant, prenatal yoga classes helped me relax so much, but with a toddler I don't see it happening any time soon.

• Good luck tomorrow @lazybearstm! I know it's so stressful. I'm almost glad that they didn't give me extra unltrasounds, bc if they were off by just a hair, or couldn't see quite right, my PGAL brain would be even more buts. Thinking of you through tomorrow!

PitaPata Dog tickers

• Due date/W+D: May 12th/ 6 Weeks + 2 days

Baby is the size of a(n): Baby is the size of a battleship peg (I like the nerdy versions of how big it is better)

Any appointments? Questions?: Still no appointments until October 3rd. How fast did other 3rd time moms start showing?

Rants/Raves?: I have a rant this week. I went to the free community gym in my town and I met up with a friend. I haven't seen her all summer because be both have kids, I broke my foot, and then went on vacation. My weight has stayed the same all these months. She walks into the gym and goes loudly in front of all the other people there "ohhh you're already showing," I am like a freaking minute pregnant over here. I'm not showing already. This is how overweight I have always been in our friendship. I thought it was really rude, especially since she knows how far along I am.

How are you feeling?: Tired. Very very tired. I can't keep my eyes open alot of the time. But I really want to try to work out 5 days a week and eat healthy. So since I'm so tired a  lot of planning is having to be done on my part to make that happen.

GTKY: What is your favorite way to relax? Leave my house an walk Barnes and Noble or Target with a coffee for hours alone. Even if the only thing I buy is the coffee.

Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• Due date/W+D: May 8, 6+6

Baby is the size of a(n): honeybee! 

Any appointments? Questions?: I have a requisition for blood tests and ultrasound, but I haven't had a chance to go in yet. It's tough for me because I take a commuter train to work that only runs at rush hour, so if I go for an appointment (near my house) in the morning, I have no way to get to work late, and if I leave work early for an appointment, I have no way to get to the appointment near my house! Plus, I was out of town for a wedding this weekend so I couldn't do it then. Hopefully I can get it done on Thursday, when I have more of a flexible work day! 

Rants/Raves?: @coffeeislife SAME HERE. My husband bought me lots of snacks like crackers and almonds, and then turned around and packed them for "ROAD TRIP SNACKS" this weekend when we were heading to a wedding! Are you kidding me??

How are you feeling?: So far not too bad actually, still exhausted, though not as bad as last week and the week before. Some small amounts of queasiness, but I hesitate to complain about it because I'm worried it's going to get much worse, and I'll be dreaming about these days!

GTKY: What is your favorite way to relax? (I imagine we could all use some ideas right now.) Cuddling with my husband in bed, either with a book or Netflix.

• deandelucadeandeluca member
    edited September 2018
    @GeorgiaGirl1230 I agree that early ultrasound does no good to PGAL brains and I can prove it... I went in for the ultrasound on Wednesday and the result was "inconclusive" to put it best. I was told to come back in three days. The embryo was there but measured small, we saw its heart flickering but they couldn't get the heartbeat, and my Ob did not seem excited. I sort of anticipated this but the whole process made me more anxious. I may post the details on PGAL checkin or somewhere appropriate later on. 

ETA; corrected "fetus" to embryo, because.
  • @lazybearstm I'm sorry your appointment didn't go well. Hopefully your OB was just trying to stay reserved before getting too excited. Will be keeping my fingers crossed for you. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  •  Thank you @secicc12. At this point I feel kind of calm and ready to accept anything that comes along with this little baby and its tiny heart beating on its own.