May 2019 Moms

Any STMs Noticing difference already?

Hey mamas,

I have a 5 yr old boy and this time last year I had an ectopic. Sooo Im sorta mixing up my symptoms but with my son I am pretty sure I never saw pink. With my ectopic it was daily spotting.

Today I had the pinkish brownish discharge... my heart sank but I am 5 weeks ...so I was like wait. Isn't this normal as it is likley a burrowing little embryo?

Anyone notice differences between pregnancies?

Anyone have the 5 weeks pinkish stuff?

Xo
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Any STMs Noticing difference already?

• With my first I didn't have any spotting at all that I can remember. With my second I had almost a very light period for the first three months! With the third I think I had really light pink spotting once and I haven't had any spotting with this one so far.

my first two I was sooo sick! The first all the way through, the second in the beginning and at the end. The third I was nauseous but was able to control it by making sure I ate like a whole meal every 2 hours. All three the nausea started day 1. This one I've had dizziness more than nausea and it goes away as soon as I eat or drink even a little---but it's still super early??

Didnt really have cravings with the the first three but I've already started with the Popeyes this time.

Allll that to say.... it's true, every pregnancy is different! 
  • I'm noticing little things but I'm.notnsure if I just dont remember having these symptoms with my DS or if I didnt have them but I feel so exhausted already! And I'm having lots of cramping.

I dont remember what week it was with DS but it was definitely early first tri, I did have light pink spitting when I wiped.
  • Loading the player...
  • This pregnancy feels so different already! I had no spotting with my first, but with this one I did at the very beginning. Less nausea this time around and also loving food. Last time I had to choke food down and was incredibly sick. It’s fascinating how different they can be!!
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• Yes and no.  First pregnancy I didn't have symptoms other than vomiting. Everyday I was pregnant all 9 months sometimes multiple times a day. And horrible heartburn.  

Pregnancy #2 not a single symptom at all.  Not even sore boobs and then I miscarried. 

Pregnancy #3 i puked maybe 3 times total.  Hardly ever nauseous. Had sore boobs,  no spotting other than once after sex.  No heartburn. I also had cramping in the beginning.

This pregnancy some cramping,  some nausea and sore boobs. 

I think each pregnancy cacan be totally different for some women,  and others can have pregnacy symptoms almost exactly the same. 

Everyones different and every baby will be different. 

Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• Soooo different!! I kept super detailed notes last time and at this point I was nauseous almost every day and my boobs were so so so sore. I remember crying when I brushed them against my shirt a few times. I was also ridiculously moody. Horrible headaches and super fatigue by now too. This time, I’ve had one extreme bout of nausea (during swimming this last week with DS) and that’s literally it. I don’t feel pregnant. I’m obsessive about BBT through my first trimester and my BBT have been staying super solid this time whereas last time with DS they were a bit all over the place. Oh! I also spotted during my entire pregnancy with DS, but this time, I had implant ration bleeding and then nothing since. My BBT are the only thing (outside of the random pregnancy tests that I take every once in a while) that remind me I’m prego. So weird!   
  • Probably TMI: My first pregnancy, I had mystery bright red bleeding around 6/7 weeks which I thought was a miscarriage, but then it tapered off, and when my OB did an ultrasound, everything was fine.

Besides morning sickness, fatigue, and heartburn, my second pregnancy was uneventful. So far this one is even more so. I've had mild nausea, but no vomiting yet (🤞).
    kids with flags
  • Thank you for sharing your stories! You always hear your DR say every pregnancy is different but it is way more real when you listen to real cases!

Wishing us all healthy pregnancies and babies!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My symptoms have been generally the same for all: hip and boob pain, kinda dizzy, hot flashes, some nausea, definite food aversions, and brain fog. Some form of spotting every time. Below are differences. 

First pregnancy - Faint BFP on day of missed period.  Sudden decrease in pregnancy symptoms at 5 weeks. Soon after loss of symptoms, started spotting as bright red watery drops. Turned into full blown loss within 24 hours of first spot.

Second pregnancy - Moderately strong BFP two days before missed period. Very light pink spotting every other week in first tri when I walked too much. Successful pregnancy. Now almost two years old. :) 

This pregnancy - VERY strong, BFP five days before missed period. Brown/dark red spotting for three days beginning at 4 weeks. Going on day 5 of spotting, but it has turned into bright red clots. :( But pregnancy symptoms and BFPs are going strong, so I have a glimmer of (probably false) hope comparing it to first pregnancy.
  • *TW* 1st pregnancy: cramping, sore boobs, no leukorrhea. One day I woke up with a TON of energy and didn't feel pregnant anymore. Found out I had a blighted ovum at our first ultrasound and had a D&C a week later.

2nd pregnancy: cramping, sore boobs, lots of leukorrhea, nausea for real, heartburn like crazy, fatigue

this pregnancy: all the above but just *lighter* somehow. I'm wondering if I'm not zeroing in on each symptom like I was with DD, and am now kind of like.. oh yeah, that's why I'm queasy.

Me: 33 DH: 34
    Married: Oct 2015
    TTC #1: Sept 2016
    BFP: 10/19/16 ~ blighted ovum ~ D&C 11/23/16
    BFP: 3/24/17   <3  DD1 born 12/2/17
    TTC #2: July 2018
    BFP: 8/26/18 <3  DD2 born 5/16/19

• Also wondering for those who have a son and a daughter, were your pregnancies different or the same?
    Me: 33 DH: 34
    Married: Oct 2015
    TTC #1: Sept 2016
    BFP: 10/19/16 ~ blighted ovum ~ D&C 11/23/16
    BFP: 3/24/17   <3  DD1 born 12/2/17
    TTC #2: July 2018
    BFP: 8/26/18 <3  DD2 born 5/16/19

• peachy13 said:
    Also wondering for those who have a son and a daughter, were your pregnancies different or the same?
    For my girl pregnancy vomitting everyday all day. 2nd pregnany was too early to know sex. For my boy hardly any vomitting at all.

• my pregnancies were exactly the same for both my boy and girl.  I was actually shocked she was a girl I thought for sure I was having a boy.
  • Same @troystory17. I fully expected I was having another boy, because my pregnancies were identical. I was shocked  when I found out my 2nd was a girl. The only difference for me was horrific pregnancy carpal tunnel in 3rd tri with DS. Didn't have it with DD and I'm really hoping I don't have it this time.
  • 1st pregnancy TW* CP: allllll the symptoms immediately at like 8 dpo. Horrible nausea, light headed and dizzy, severe insomnia, sore nips, and my whole body just felt weird. Then one day the sore nips vanished, nausea and body weirdness were gone the next day. No spotting before the full blown loss started. /*TW

2nd pregnancy DD: no early symptoms, didn’t think I would have a BFP that month. Started spotting at 4 weeks, lots of cramping, thought it would be another CP. Severe food aversions starting at 4+5, but very little nausea, no other symptoms really besides the food aversions. Spotting continued every day until 12 weeks. 

This pregnancy: was sensitive to caffeine starting around 6dpo, some nausea on 9 and 10 dpo, and on and off since, no food aversions but sensitive to smells, so tired (but maybe because toddler?), no spotting so far, and my belly looks like 10 weeks with DD already (at 5.5).  

All pregnancies are different! 

My SIL has two very different pregnancies (one with bad morning sickness and one without) and she was convinced the second one was going to be a girl, but she has two boys. 
    Ticker
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• TW: never had any symptoms the first time, ended in a MMC.

2nd pregnancy: throwing up all day everyday the whole 9 months. Acid reflux, sore boobs, RLP. 

This time I for sure still have the nausea, throwing up 8-12x a day. Boobs are sore for sure. It honestly doesn’t feel that different from the last pregnancy except that I’m for sure more fatigued. On days I don’t work I can sleep anywhere from 8-12 hours outside of normal bedtime. Yesterday it was 4pm to midnight, another day it was 4 pm to 5am.
  • DD: pretty mild symptoms during 1st trimester just serious hunger and nausea, 2nd trimester had some round ligament pain and in the 3rd I had carpel tunnel and one swollen leg/foot haha 

2nd pregnancy: so far same start, nothing major other than hunger and mild nausea before bed. I felt some ligament pain in the hips early on and that's how I realized I was pregnant. Oh and this time I've noticed some brown/white discharge, which is weird for me since I didn't have that before but from what I am reading here that is normal 
  • @ruby696 I had forgotten about carpal tunnel! I dont know how because, it was so bad. I also had it with my son up until about 6 months pp and not with my daughter.  Thank god!
  • @troystory17 Oh my gosh, it was horrible. I could hardly open my hands in the morning. But I guess I was lucky, because mine went away as soon as my son was born. I didn't realize it could have gone on longer!
  • @poshspice can I ask what your sensitivity to caffeine was? I LOVE coffee, and can’t imagine giving it up... but I’m wondering if it’s causing my insomnia. I only have 1 cup very early, which is tiny compared to what my non pregnant body is used to. 
  • DS is almost two and half now, and that pregnancy (my only other) I had no symptoms except sore boobs. 
    This pregnancy I feel fatigue, sore boobs, RLP already, and light brown spotting during week 5. Spotting/brown discharge has stopped (now at 7+1), but definitely had me worried for awhile. I’ve heard it can just be more implantation bleeding with the placenta attaching itself. My first OB appt isn’t until 10/5 (at 9+5 ughhh) so I can’t wait to see/hear and make sure everything is fine!!  
  • My pregnancy with DS was pretty uneventful besides the acid reflux/heartburn. That was pretty terrible from the start and lasted the entire time. My first trimester was pretty easy with him though. 

This pregnancy I’ve felt so emotional already, hungry 24/7, sore boobs, super bloated, and a lot more tired by the end of the night, but I also have a 2 year old that never runs out of energy this time around. Makes me curious if it’ll be a girl this time or if it’s just a case of every pregnancy being different. 
  • @Jess4us I had implantation bleeding around week 4/5 with my first. I honestly thought it was a super light period because we just started trying. It only lasted a day or two. Hopefully it's the same for you!!

@ibanezstarburst the exhaustion with this pregnancy is soooo bad. Glad I'm not alone but hoping it gets better for us both quickly! 

@ruby696 omg the carpel tunnel with my son was terrible! Probably the worst pregnancy symptom I had with him, not that I had many. 

So far this pregnancy the biggest difference in noticing is I didn't have implantation bleeding but both had a strong BFP at 3/4 weeks. My boobs were sooooo sore with my son but nothing so far this time around, 7w1d currently.

Anyone leaning one way or another if they're having a boy or girl yet? I know it's way to early to know for sure by my fiancé is determined to have a boy, lol. With my first pregnancy I knew early on it was a boy, just had that feeling. 
  • @rufflifephilly I'm already having RLP, too! It feels way too early.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• ruby696 said:
    @troystory17 Oh my gosh, it was horrible. I could hardly open my hands in the morning. But I guess I was lucky, because mine went away as soon as my son was born. I didn't realize it could have gone on longer!
    yeah it was awful I had a hard time picking him up at times, and then one day it was just gone.
  • I'm on #5. I noticed symptoms coming on more intense and earlier with each pregnancy. All 4 previous pregnancies were relatively different as far as cravings, aversions, and morning sickness but all 4 were boys. 

Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @poshspice can I ask what your sensitivity to caffeine was? I LOVE coffee, and can’t imagine giving it up... but I’m wondering if it’s causing my insomnia. I only have 1 cup very early, which is tiny compared to what my non pregnant body is used to. 
    @thebobloblaw great username! So, I'm also very sensitive to alcohol, and the only thing I can compare it to is drinking on an empty stomach. Like you have a few sips and you can feel the alcohol already? That's how I was with coffee (but not the drunk feeling, the over-caffeinated feeling). I normally drink one K-cup of coffee every morning, which doesn't have very much caffeine to begin with, and usually that just helps me function like a normal person, and I don't "feel" the caffeine at all. I was feeling the over-caffeinated feeling after only drinking 1/4 of one of my regular K-cup of coffee. It was so so strange. I switched to tea because I can't stand the smell of coffee now, so I don't know if it's still going on, but I'd guess probably. 
    Ticker
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Didnt really have cravings with the the first three but I've already started with the Popeyes this time.

Great, now I want Popeyes! My food cravings are real. I can't even think about eating something if it doesn't just pop into my head!
    Mommy to an angel baby and a sweet little girl Earth side.

• Didnt really have cravings with the the first three but I've already started with the Popeyes this time.

Great, now I want Popeyes! My food cravings are real. I can't even think about eating something if it doesn't just pop into my head!
    Ok now I have my first real craving. Popeyes popcorn shrimp.

• It's so early yet, but my first pregnancy felt totally different than this one so far. This time I'm so so so tired and get winded easily. I have nausea at times and am SO hungry all the time already. My first (boy) I didn't experience any symptoms my first trimester other than hunger but nothing like this time. Makes me convinced I'm either having a girl this time or twins lol
  • @fuscok88 Thanks! I hope it gets better soon for you as well! 

We already have DS. I thought for sure he was a girl 🤣 I'm always wrong when I guess genders. We will be thrilled with a boy or girl but I have a feeling this ones a girl! (So its probably a boy 🤣🤣🤣)
  • Fun to hear everyone’s experience. #1 a lot of vomiting and food aversions until the 2nd trimester, had to go on anti nausea medication #2 no vomiting, but nauseous almost ALL day, I have to talk myself into eating. :-| also my bloating is super bad and i am already wearing maternity pants. I am also 5’2” so my bloat has no place to go... I was hoping that i wouldn’t have as bad nausea... but I think it’s worse!! Oh well
  • This pregnancy is so diffferent! By this weeks last time, I was throwing up a good 6-12 times a day. This time I am only throwing up once every few days. I am having light cramps this week, but the cramps were much earlier with my first pregnancy. 
  • The bloating is so bad this time @guitarra1614
  • megsb615megsb615 member
    edited September 2018
    @vivereidescent girl same. I haven’t been nauseous so far, but so emotional, tired and hungry. I wasn’t like this with my son. I really didn’t notice much of any symptoms until 2nd trimester. I told DH I’m calling it now and saying it’s a girl. I’d be happy with either, but it’s so different this time. 

@guitarra1614 and @notsoblissylissy agree.. the bloat is so so bad. I also don’t remember this happening so early last time. 
  • I don't feel as many symptoms this time around.  I had a lot of nausea but no throwing up during my last pregnancy, so far I have no nausea, but do feel fuller quicker, I have a little bit more hunger but I honestly do not need to eat that much because I feel full so quick.  I have some round ligament pain that is a little bit more pronounced this time around.  Oh and sore boobs both times.  

• I was sick with my first and I'm sick again. So far everything is the same lol. I'm just less hungry.
  • @nopegoat 4 boys? You are my hero.  What if this one's a girl? 😍

• @nopegoat 4 boys? You are my hero.  What if this one's a girl? 😍

I'm totally banking on another boy. Not going to lie the thought of having a little girl is kind of intimidating after 4 boys! I know boys, girls not so much especially since I'm a tomboy myself. My H wants a girl so bad though. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @nopegoat how is it having four? Four is how many I want! I wouldn't say no to more if we could afford it though haha!

• @nopegoat how is it having four? Four is how many I want! I wouldn't say no to more if we could afford it though haha!
    It honestly isn't as hard as people probably think. Logistics of bathing, bedtime, dinner, and going out in public are probably the hardest things but once you have that figured out its not so bad. It can be intense sometimes when kids are sick or everyone wants your attention at once but you get use to the controlled chaos. My husband travels for work so that does make it a bit harder but we keep a loose schedule and my oldest two (8 and 6) help me keep the younger ones in line too which is a big help. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙