1st Trimester

Husband doesn't want to announce pregnancy yet but I do.

I am 5 weeks pregnant with my 3rd baby and it was a um....surprise. I am excited and my husband is still in shock (we found out I'm pregnant 5 days ago). I want to tell my family soon but he wants to wait several more weeks. With our 1st two we waited till 7 or 8 weeks. He wants to wait because he says "news travels fast" and if I have a miscarriage then we have to break that news after announcing the pregnancy.   Personally I would rather tell (close family only) and if something  awful did happen I would have their love and support and understanding in a time like that. Anyone else have an experience like this?
Thanks!

Re: Husband doesn't want to announce pregnancy yet but I do.

• With our first pregnancy we told our extended family at 15 weeks. It was Easter. We thought we were past the "safe date". Three days later we had an ultrasound and our LO no longer had a heartbeat. We had to tell EVERYONE that we were actually not having a baby. For us that was so hard. If you think you will want the support and everyone to know then go for it. But, you also need to keep in mind that your husband may have different coping techniques and would want to grieve in private. 
    Mommy to an angel baby and a sweet little girl Earth side.
  • nikmo711 said:
    I am 5 weeks pregnant with my 3rd baby and it was a um....surprise. I am excited and my husband is still in shock (we found out I'm pregnant 5 days ago). I want to tell my family soon but he wants to wait several more weeks. With our 1st two we waited till 7 or 8 weeks. He wants to wait because he says "news travels fast" and if I have a miscarriage then we have to break that news after announcing the pregnancy.   Personally I would rather tell (close family only) and if something  awful did happen I would have their love and support and understanding in a time like that. Anyone else have an experience like this?
    Thanks!
    Personally, I agree with your husband.  I would wait a bit longer, at least until after your 1st appointment and go from there.  
    That is my own opinion, and I would talk to him and come up with a compromise you both agree on. 
  • Loading the player...
  • This is just something you're going to have to discuss and compromise on. Neither position is wrong.