May 2019 Moms

Weekend Randoms 9/15

This hasn't been started yet?!?

DD1: June 2014 - VBM4lyfe
DD2: October 2016
DC3: coming May 2019

Re: Weekend Randoms 9/15

• DH is gone all weekend so I've been binge watching silly "chickflicks" but maybe I should clean my house lol 
  • Loading the player...
  • keighty80 said:
    Took my son to pick out his Halloween costume and when a Jack Skellington animatronic said “hello” when we walked by he screamed at the top of his lungs and clung to me for dear life. He usually likes spooky stuff (he’s going to be a vampire for Halloween) but apparently animatronics scare the tar out of him. He’s fine with scary costumes but if it moves by itself he’s not having it. 

Maybe be I should have seen this coming. I mean, he is the kid who said “Chuck E. Cheese scares the shit outta me!”.

I'm sorry he got scared but thats kind of a cute story.
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• @psychobutthead after the initial shock, it was soooo hard not to just laugh. Haha I was bummed out because he wanted to go home and I couldn’t look around. 
  • PahialiiPahialii member
    edited September 2018
    @psychobutthead @k2k2tog LOVE LOVE LOVE the Doctor... as in I almost dressed up DD as a Dalek for Halloween the year she was born (went with Dobby from Harry Potter instead).

I'm a pretty big drinker but gave up alcohol a couple months ago in hopes it would help me get pregnant (guess it worked!). Since me not drinking is a huge red flag to everyone, for those past couple of months when I'm out with coworkers I've been telling everyone I've been on antibiotics. Since I think that excuse has been going on too long (the CFO of my company told me the last time we went out, "just water for you right...? because you are on (air quotes) antibiotics again..."), I was debating on what to do at a huge work event I'm going to tonight. Since my friends and I have been known to smuggle in those little bottles of hard liquor before to work parties (okay I realize this makes me sound really bad, but my work limits how much drinks you are allowed to get at functions to 1 or 2 very watered down drinks) I was thinking of smuggling in bottles again and sharing with my coworker friends as per usual... and making them think I was also partaking in the liquid festivities.

It's possible I'm really over thinking this!  :)
  • Pahialii said:
    @psychobutthead @k2k2tog LOVE LOVE LOVE the Doctor... as in I almost dressed up DD as a Dalek for Halloween the year she was born (went with Dobby from Harry Potter instead).

I'm a pretty big drinker but gave up alcohol a couple months ago in hopes it would help me get pregnant (guess it worked!). Since me not drinking is a huge red flag to everyone, for those past couple of months when I'm out with coworkers I've been telling everyone I've been on antibiotics. Since I think that excuse has been going on too long (the CFO of my company told me the last time we went out, "just water for you right...? because you are on (air quotes) antibiotics again..."), I was debating on what to do at a huge work event I'm going to tonight. Since my friends and I have been known to smuggle in those little bottles of hard liquor before to work parties (okay I realize this makes me sound really bad, but my work limits how much drinks you are allowed to get at functions to 1 or 2 very watered down drinks) I was thinking of smuggling in bottles again and sharing with my coworker friends as per usual... and making them think I was also partaking in the liquid festivities.

It's possible I'm really over thinking this!  :)
    Just tell your coworkers a lie. Tell them you had bought the bottles but it slipped your mind and you left them in the fridge at home and you'll remember them next time. Could buy you some time.
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• I am doing absolutely nothing this weekend but lounging around and watching tv :smiley:
    Me: 38, DH: 37
    Married: 8/10/13
    BFP- 12/18/15, D&E- 4/8/16 @ 21w5d- confirmed Thanatophoric Dysplasia
    BFP- 11/7/17, M/C- 11/18/17 @ 4w6d
    BFP- 8/25/18 ~ EDD- 5/9/19 ~ DD born 5/2/20 *Lillian Hazel*
    BFP- 10/9/20 ~ EDD- 6/21/21

• @Pahialii you totally should have done the Dalek halloween costume! That would have been awesome! 

DD1 requested to not go anywhere this morning, which is so unusual for her. Normally, she wakes up asking where we're going today. But, she's been so overwhelmed and exhausted from her first two weeks of school, so a day at home has been really good for us. 

I've been trying really hard to get things done, but keep finding my butt on the couch because I, too, am exhausted, and also consistently nauseous. 

DD1: June 2014 - VBM4lyfe
    DD2: October 2016
    DC3: coming May 2019

• We’re visiting my parents this weekend so H and I got to go out and have a day date while they watched the baby. It’s been a really nice day but I’m glad we’re on our way back, I’ve missed him!

• Today is my 9/16 babe's birthday party. It was supposed to be just a little family gathering with some snacks and cake. Well, I've never met a party I couldn't over do, so now it's a bit more than that. I spent all day yesterday cooking, I have more to finish today, including decorating a 3-D train cake! My husband is a bit too laid back about the whole thing and my daughter wants to climb back inside me for the attention, haha. I'm not really complaining, I wouldn't have it any other way, just a bit busy! 

• @liliumstargazer13 that cake sounds amazing! I hope the party goes well!
  • DH leaves for his work trip in less than 3 hours. He's gone two weeks, back home a week, gone another week. Blech.

Tonight, if I get a chance to prep my dough, I'm doing a Skype bake date with my friend after kiddo is in bed - we're making feta stuffed focaccia.
  • @liliumstargazer13 I’m speechless. That is one incredible cake. 

• @liliumstargazer13 Nice job on your cake! It looks very fun and like it was a ton of work to assemble. 
    kids with flags
  • @liliumstargazer13 awesome cake!
    Me: 38, DH: 37
    Married: 8/10/13
    BFP- 12/18/15, D&E- 4/8/16 @ 21w5d- confirmed Thanatophoric Dysplasia
    BFP- 11/7/17, M/C- 11/18/17 @ 4w6d
    BFP- 8/25/18 ~ EDD- 5/9/19 ~ DD born 5/2/20 *Lillian Hazel*
    BFP- 10/9/20 ~ EDD- 6/21/21

• I’m counting down the days until my fall shows start! I’ve been watching 9-1-1, the Resident, and The Good Doctor. Can’t wait for them to start next week!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @liliumstargazer13 are you sure you're not a professional yourself?! That's an awesome cake!!

• @liliumstargazer13 that's incredible! Love that each car is carrying a different treat! It looks like a ton of work, very impressive!
  • Weekend full of exhaustion and nausea but I did manage a third birthday party for a cousin last night and church this
    morning. Now I’m tapped out. I can’t wait til I can tell people and don’t have to keep on hiding how cruddy I feel. 
  • @kateandsiah yup, that's what probably makes the 1st tri the hardest.   :#

• mrskoz428 said:
    I’m counting down the days until my fall shows start! I’ve been watching 9-1-1, the Resident, and The Good Doctor. Can’t wait for them to start next week!
    I LOVE the Resident and Good Doctor! I didn’t realize they started back up next week, hooray! More reasons I love fall haha

• @DuchessOfCambridge yes, September 24th!!!! 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @liliumstargazer13 You did an amazing job on the cake! Wow!! 

@kateandsiah I also can’t wait to be able to tell people. Hiding it takes too much effort. and all this bloating is not doing me any favors. Sorry you’re feeling so crummy!